Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Going through the offensive prospects in this draft, I don't see any true playmakers or anyone I think can become elite.

We might have to trade for a offensive threat.

Really?

Patterson, Hunter, Rogers, Allen, and Austin are all guys that are getting talked about as potential big name guys. Don't forget about Lacy, Bell, Ball, Bernard

Those Tenn WR's are absolutely crazy. Hunter and Patterson have off the chart measurables.

Yes really.

When I say elite, I mean people that we all know are going to be studs. Like Trent Richardson, AP, Megatron, and etc. According to sites like CBS, Hunter, Patterson, Lacy, Bell, and ball don't even have a 1st round grade. Don't get me wrong, they are good. None of those prospects you named are looked at as being a top 10 pick but maybe Allen.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
I want Kyle Van Noy in round 2.

I don't think he's an OLB in a 3-4.

Really? I think that's his best fit by far. What do you have him as?

I don't know. He seems to me like he fits better in a 4-3. I need to see more of him.

I think you do too, he already plays 3-4 OLB at BYU. Kid is a beast though. Great first step and acceleration as a whole, great length, powerful, flexible, uses his hands well, pretty much does everything you want from a pass rushing linebacker. He's as fluid an OLB that you'll find. I like him better than Ansah. He has the production to back it up too. I suggest you guys check this kid out. He looks like a very similar prospect to Anthony Barr, but bigger.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Going through the offensive prospects in this draft, I don't see any true playmakers or anyone I think can become elite.

Really?

Patterson, Hunter, Rogers, Allen, and Austin are all guys that are getting talked about as potential big name guys. Don't forget about Lacy, Bell, Ball, Bernard

Those Tenn WR's are absolutely crazy. Hunter and Patterson have off the chart measurables.

Yes really.

When I say elite, I mean people that we all know are going to be studs. Like Trent Richardson, AP, Megatron, and etc. According to sites like CBS, Hunter, Patterson, Lacy, Bell, and ball don't even have a 1st round grade. Don't get me wrong, they are good. None of those prospects you named are looked at as being a top 10 pick but maybe Allen.

Agreed, the only elite offensive players are Joeckel and Warmack. Lewan might have a chance to get himself in the conversation after the Combine. There is no AJ/Julio/Megatron in this draft.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Really?

Yes really.

Agreed, the only elite offensive players are Joeckel and Warmack. Lewan might have a chance to get himself in the conversation after the Combine. There is no AJ/Julio/Megatron in this draft.

Yeah I kind of like this oline draft. Solid OG's coming in. I think Allen can be a good WR, but he doesn't stand out to me like those WR's you named. I watched Megatron play in High school. But hopefully the new GM will find a great sleeper who can become a playmaker for us.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We picked the wrong year to suck. This draft has some depth, but is lacking in top end talent. It reminds me of 2010 minus Ndamukong Suh.

#TeamManfred
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm joining the Dion Jordan bandwagon. I'm starting to really like him.

That Arizona State game was awesome.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:

He's a stud. Although I don't think he'd be a great fit in a traditional 4-3 defense, I think he'd be phenomenal in many of the packages we run.

In terms of offense, I don't know what kind of approach the team should take. As many have said, there are no elite skill position players in this draft, but the Jets could improve by volume for now. Though there isn't that one blue-chip domino, there are plenty of guys that can make an impact right away.

As much as I would want that top tier pass rusher or offensive tools in round one, the Jets may be forced to go with a QB early. I don't see us having the money to sign a veteran QB, so the only alternative is the draft. It's no coincidence that there have been 8 QBs taken in the past 2 seasons (7 in the top 12) because of the rookie wage scale. It's become much easier to take a QB and dump them if it doesn't work out, and as the Jaguars have proved you don't have to stick with these guys for 5 years because of the minimal investment.

Depending on who is brought in as GM, the right move may be to draft a QB in the first round. This is a depleted QB class, but despite that I believe the QB position is evolving into a position where good coaching and right schematics will bring success, and maybe the Jets will learn there lesson based on their handling of Mark.

If the Jets end up drafting 12-16 and the top tier guys like Jordan and Warmack are off the board, draft Tyler Wilson. I think that Geno Smith will be the best QB out of this class based on how the NFL is trending, I love what Tyler Wilson showed me this year despite the struggles we saw at Arkansas. Just think about what this guy had to deal with...

1. Complete turmoil with the Bobby Petrino scandal. Remember that Petrino was fired in April, so there wasn't much time to adjust to the change during the Spring.

2. Lack of talent and production at the skill positions. Lets remember that 3 of Arkansas top receivers were drafted in the 2012 NFL draft, making things very difficult for Wilson heading into this season. Knile Davis, the teams top RB, clearly struggled coming off the ankle injury he sustained in 2011 and wasn't the same.

3. Poor offensive line play. It wasn't this units year. They were up and down, and Wilson ended up paying the price.

The real problem that I have with Wilson is that I see Mark Sanchez similarities, but again, I wouldn't use this against him. Wilson has shown the mental toughness that Mark hasn't shown, and I think he has more of a leadership quality that the organization has wanted Mark to endorse since day 1.

Wilson wouldn't be my favorite pick, but I think it could be the right pick. Low risk, high reward. It's not like we're talking about a top 5 investment, and Wilson seems like the Tony Romo type (and on the bitter side Mark Sanchez type) that will grow with good coaching and offensive talent. Continue to improve the talent around him through drafting (something the Jets didn't do with Mark), support him appropriately and he will develop accordingly.
jpt331

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would yoy guys felt if we traded cromartie?? I think we could get a solid pick or 2 for him.....or maybe we trade him and our first rounder to detroit for their first, 3rd and 4th to get DeMontre Moore Smile)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordarelle Patterson is going to be a very special player in the nfl, not only does he have good hands, size, and speed, his ability to make plays after the catch are what's going to make him a threat. I'm not saying he will be elite, but I think he will be the best wideout in this draft. It's very hard for anyone to say that this is a bad draft, there's a lot of talent and depth that can help our team needs. I think the offensive line and quarterback position are the two positions we need to aim at in the first few rounds. The worst thing this team could do is pass up a joeckel or warmack to pick an OLB. I know there is talent there but we can have a successful top defense with average outside linebackers. We need to emphasize offense this year.
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Cordarelle Patterson is going to be a very special player in the nfl, not only does he have good hands, size, and speed, his ability to make plays after the catch are what's going to make him a threat. I'm not saying he will be elite, but I think he will be the best wideout in this draft. It's very hard for anyone to say that this is a bad draft, there's a lot of talent and depth that can help our team needs. I think the offensive line and quarterback position are the two positions we need to aim at in the first few rounds. The worst thing this team could do is pass up a joeckel or warmack to pick an OLB. I know there is talent there but we can have a successful top defense with average outside linebackers. We need to emphasize offense this year.

I heard Patterson drops everything, is that true at all?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
How would yoy guys felt if we traded cromartie?? I think we could get a solid pick or 2 for him.....or maybe we trade him and our first rounder to detroit for their first, 3rd and 4th to get DeMontre Moore Smile)
No thanks. Dude is loyal as hell and does whatever is asked of him while also playing at a super high level. Just can't give up guys like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
IvyLeague wrote:

He's a stud. Although I don't think he'd be a great fit in a traditional 4-3 defense, I think he'd be phenomenal in many of the packages we run.

In terms of offense, I don't know what kind of approach the team should take. As many have said, there are no elite skill position players in this draft, but the Jets could improve by volume for now. Though there isn't that one blue-chip domino, there are plenty of guys that can make an impact right away.

As much as I would want that top tier pass rusher or offensive tools in round one, the Jets may be forced to go with a QB early. I don't see us having the money to sign a veteran QB, so the only alternative is the draft. It's no coincidence that there have been 8 QBs taken in the past 2 seasons (7 in the top 12) because of the rookie wage scale. It's become much easier to take a QB and dump them if it doesn't work out, and as the Jaguars have proved you don't have to stick with these guys for 5 years because of the minimal investment.

Depending on who is brought in as GM, the right move may be to draft a QB in the first round. This is a depleted QB class, but despite that I believe the QB position is evolving into a position where good coaching and right schematics will bring success, and maybe the Jets will learn there lesson based on their handling of Mark.

If the Jets end up drafting 12-16 and the top tier guys like Jordan and Warmack are off the board, draft Tyler Wilson. I think that Geno Smith will be the best QB out of this class based on how the NFL is trending, I love what Tyler Wilson showed me this year despite the struggles we saw at Arkansas. Just think about what this guy had to deal with...

1. Complete turmoil with the Bobby Petrino scandal. Remember that Petrino was fired in April, so there wasn't much time to adjust to the change during the Spring.

2. Lack of talent and production at the skill positions. Lets remember that 3 of Arkansas top receivers were drafted in the 2012 NFL draft, making things very difficult for Wilson heading into this season. Knile Davis, the teams top RB, clearly struggled coming off the ankle injury he sustained in 2011 and wasn't the same.

3. Poor offensive line play. It wasn't this units year. They were up and down, and Wilson ended up paying the price.

The real problem that I have with Wilson is that I see Mark Sanchez similarities, but again, I wouldn't use this against him. Wilson has shown the mental toughness that Mark hasn't shown, and I think he has more of a leadership quality that the organization has wanted Mark to endorse since day 1.

Wilson wouldn't be my favorite pick, but I think it could be the right pick. Low risk, high reward. It's not like we're talking about a top 5 investment, and Wilson seems like the Tony Romo type (and on the bitter side Mark Sanchez type) that will grow with good coaching and offensive talent. Continue to improve the talent around him through drafting (something the Jets didn't do with Mark), support him appropriately and he will develop accordingly.

I could get behind the Tyler Wilson selection, I like what he brings physically and you know he's tough playing in the SEC unlike Sanchez. I like Mike Glennon better, but I could live with Wilson. Here is how I rank the 2013 QBs as of right now:
1. Mike Glennon - N.C. State
2. Geno Smith - West Virginia
3. Tyler Wilson - Arkansas
4. Matt Barkley - USC
5. Ryan Nassib - Syracuse
6. Landry Jones - Oklahoma
7. Aaron Murray - Georgia
8. Tyler Bray - Tennessee
9. Zac Dysert - Miami (Ohio)
10. EJ Manuel - Florida State

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I want no part of Nassib.

#TeamManfred
green24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stedman Bailey is certainly helping his draft stock.

#TeamManfred
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nassib handles the cold weather well. Geno Smith is another story.

Good linemen helps.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 59 of 100

Jump to: