Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJet wrote:
xenajets wrote:
If we get a pick in the 8-14 range do you think its possible to trade down into the 20's and pick up an extra 2nd. The guy i want is Dion Jordon weather he would last into the 20's remains to be seen but if we could trade down and get an extra 2nd to use on offense then this years draft could help build us for the future.

Just on the quarterback situation if Geno is gone (most likely) who would be an acceptable pick in teh first. Lots of mock drafts have us getting either Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon, are these guys potential franchise quarterbacks? Love Glennon's size but havent seen much film what is he like?

Geno just doesn't look like the best QB in the country. I honestly think AJ McCarron from Bama is better than him. Geno doesn't make the plays you want from a #1 pick and opts for the short pass or run to quick.Matt Barkley is ahead of geno IMO as well but I think he is more of the game manager. Not really the one you can rely on to make big plays for you.

I dont know if its Sanchez or just undersized USC quarterbacks in general but i dont want Barkley. He has more talent around him than any other quarterback, he should be putting up monster numbers every week

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
JerseyJet wrote:
xenajets wrote:
If we get a pick in the 8-14 range do you think its possible to trade down into the 20's and pick up an extra 2nd. The guy i want is Dion Jordon weather he would last into the 20's remains to be seen but if we could trade down and get an extra 2nd to use on offense then this years draft could help build us for the future.

Just on the quarterback situation if Geno is gone (most likely) who would be an acceptable pick in teh first. Lots of mock drafts have us getting either Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon, are these guys potential franchise quarterbacks? Love Glennon's size but havent seen much film what is he like?

Geno just doesn't look like the best QB in the country. I honestly think AJ McCarron from Bama is better than him. Geno doesn't make the plays you want from a #1 pick and opts for the short pass or run to quick.Matt Barkley is ahead of geno IMO as well but I think he is more of the game manager. Not really the one you can rely on to make big plays for you.

I dont know if its Sanchez or just undersized USC quarterbacks in general but i dont want Barkley. He has more talent around him than any other quarterback, he should be putting up monster numbers every week

Agreed. Not the year you want to be taking a QB of the future. Next year should be a better QB class. If we can nab away a vet, let's say a Carson Palmer, I think we would be in a better position to make a run. He doesn't have the same arm he used to but he can make the smart play and won't put us in a position to lose. Then add another RB and we got something.
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJet wrote:
xenajets wrote:
JerseyJet wrote:
xenajets wrote:

Agreed. Not the year you want to be taking a QB of the future. Next year should be a better QB class. If we can nab away a vet, let's say a Carson Palmer, I think we would be in a better position to make a run. He doesn't have the same arm he used to but he can make the smart play and won't put us in a position to lose. Then add another RB and we got something.

Cant see the Raiders giving him away when they gave up a 1st and 2nd for him but i agree on signing a vet who could lead us until we get a franchise qb. I like Jason Campbell who is a FA next year so i would like him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like us to try and get Zac Dysert from Miami of Ohio QB I think if developed a year or 2 he could be a real solid QB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the fascination with Dion Jordan? I'm asking because I haven't seen him play and see 5 sacks. I also don't know how 6'7 translates to OLB.

Damontre Moore makes the most sense for us right now. Sacks every week. Played DE and LB. Von Miller's success in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
What's the fascination with Dion Jordan? I'm asking because I haven't seen him play and see 5 sacks. I also don't know how 6'7 translates to OLB.

Damontre Moore makes the most sense for us right now. Sacks every week. Played DE and LB. Von Miller's success in the NFL.

He actually plays a lot of positions on defense. I see him lining up on the slot WR way more than you'd expect from a guy that big. His intrigue is in being a really, really athletic big guy.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like Both Moore & Jordan. Like I said before, Jordan would have more sacks if he wasn't asked to do so much covering. Out of Jordan, Jones, and Moore, I hope one of them is there when we pick.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the versatility and coverage is nice, we NEED the better pass rusher when comparing any prospects.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
While the versatility and coverage is nice, we NEED the better pass rusher when comparing any prospects.

Jordan has one of the most active hands out of any pass rusher coming out. Also contains large array of passing rushing moves. Bull rush is probably his only weak point. Other than that you got to be impressed about the pressure he creates getting to the QB.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
EDITed: More Watchlist Prospects

Anthony Barr - OLB, UCLA - 6'4 235lbs JR.

Quote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

Quote:
Travis Long - OLB, Washington State - 6'4 245lbs Sr

7.5 sacks so far.

6.5 sacks. Do not inflate the numbers. Shame on you
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have problems with Mingo and Jordan if Jets were sitting that high.

Mingo offers nothing but speed and coverage. He prefers DE to OLB but it does not matter because he will need at least 2 pro seasonings to get him ready in either DE or OLB.

Jordan is not a good pass rusher at all. He lacks of strength and hand usage to fight OL. He has yet to prove that he has off edge speed. I estimate he will need 3 good seasonings to get ready.

Football talents are there for those guys but timing and result are the most pressing things for Jets. The way we see Rex Ryan use Aaron Maybin, I think Mingo and Jordan are waste of time.

Those comments are for now crap, of course. At the combine and on Pro Day, they will show everything they have during a strenuous test to find out how much time and skillset to be ready with pro coaching.

Aldon Smith already had upper body strength to handle OL so he definitely holds the highest regards that neither Mingo or Jordan can match off the college.

I am all in for Bjoern Werner. He is down to 256 from 275 to get rid of body fat. He does not lose any power but picks up quickness. He uses hands extremely well in shredding off blockers and pass deflecting. He is exactly OLB/DE hybrid Rex Ryan wants.

I would love me some Travis Long, Chase Thomas or Jamie Collins as a double dip. Maybe Travis Johnson out of San Jose State. He is undersize and maybe slow but he works hard to stay motors up all the time.

As for quarterback, Ryan Griffin out of Tulane or Sean Renfree out of Duke is my kind of qb of the future but Jets envision McElroy as their qb of the future. WTF?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="quietjetsket"]
rickyt31 wrote:

Quote:
Travis Long - OLB, Washington State - 6'4 245lbs Sr

7.5 sacks so far.

6.5 sacks. Do not inflate the numbers. Shame on you

This is what I was going by -> http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/482647/travis-long

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

This is what I was going by -> http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/482647/travis-long

AH... all right.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Sunday, or everytime I think of the 2013 draft, I get pissed that we took Coples over Chandler Jones and still need an OLB but also need to stack up on offense. Put us in such a bad hole.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard about this. I know some people were talking about Walter Stewart as a sleeper in this draft. According to his foster dad, his football career is over.

Code:
Stewart has a congenital defect in his spine that was aggravated against Fordham on Oct. 13. Fields told the website that Stewart was born without a posterior C1 arch.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/20749143/cincinnati-star-de-walter-stewarts-career-over-his-foster-father-says

Quote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 32 of 100

Jump to: