Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
If we draft a tackle, I'm hoping for Brennan Williams out of UNC. The guy is a very good tackle, is pro-ready, and will make on immediate impact on the O-Line.



He plays like a girl. Scram. He is ideal for any scheme that features either lite OL like Fisher's system or ZBS like Shanahan or Kabriuk's system. Not Sparano's system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked around for potential 1st round pick. I don't find anything that is attractive and makes sense to Jets.


I think I go for 1st round RB and either Long or Bass in 2nd round for OLB. This opinion will be difficult to be changed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7107
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorites for the first round so far is Lattimore, Allen, Warmack, J.Jones, and Eric Reid (Pending how Bush look this season.)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19845
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A RB in the first is a pure luxury pick unless it's like an Adrian Peterson type situation where he could have come out after his freshman year and still been a first round pick.

There will be plenty of players to like come draft day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
A RB in the first is a pure luxury pick unless it's like an Adrian Peterson type situation where he could have come out after his freshman year and still been a first round pick.

There will be plenty of players to like come draft day.


We can't expect to have another Adrian Peterson in a decade, give or take.

I believe that RB class is better than either Trent Richardson or Mark Ingram. Both RBs are wastes when it is up to 1st round standard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
My favorites for the first round so far is Lattimore, Allen, Warmack, J.Jones, and Eric Reid (Pending how Bush look this season.)



Eric Reid can play SS if Bush is solid at FS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7107
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
My favorites for the first round so far is Lattimore, Allen, Warmack, J.Jones, and Eric Reid (Pending how Bush look this season.)



Eric Reid can play SS if Bush is solid at FS.


He can, or we can move Landry to SS, and have Eric play FS. A lot depends on what Bush can do this season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
My favorites for the first round so far is Lattimore, Allen, Warmack, J.Jones, and Eric Reid (Pending how Bush look this season.)



Eric Reid can play SS if Bush is solid at FS.


He can, or we can move Landry to SS, and have Eric play FS. A lot depends on what Bush can do this season.


I am not counting on Landry's return unless he gets 2 or 3 years contract from Jets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7107
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
My favorites for the first round so far is Lattimore, Allen, Warmack, J.Jones, and Eric Reid (Pending how Bush look this season.)



Eric Reid can play SS if Bush is solid at FS.


He can, or we can move Landry to SS, and have Eric play FS. A lot depends on what Bush can do this season.


I am not counting on Landry's return unless he gets 2 or 3 years contract from Jets.


Yeah, I understand. Bell is also a factor. He might have to be brought back if Landry goes and Bush doesn't step up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jet Life


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 110
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need to draft a safety in the 1st round. This years draft class is deep.

Either way, I'd be comfortable with Josh Bush and Antonio Allen as our starting safeties next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we draft Lattimore in the 1st I'll be extremely pissed
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jet Life


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 110
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
if we draft Lattimore in the 1st I'll be extremely pissed

I won't be pissed, but there will most likely be better options.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping we don't draft a RB in the 1st. As much as I like Lattimore, I don't really want us burning a 1st Round Pick on him. I'd like to see us draft a OT or a big name WR. Unless we have Geno Smith on the board. .00000000001% chance of happening.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyLikeAJet


Joined: 22 Jun 2011
Posts: 3783
Location: Getting FLAJ'd in The Peoples Republic of Queens
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No QB unless we can get Geno. Wouldn't mind a running back. Our last 3 first rounders have been defensive players, lets start focusing on the offense.
_________________

Gmen4ev wrote:


No man should be able to consume the amount of alcohol you do ... therefor you must be an alien
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyLikeAJet wrote:
No QB unless we can get Geno. Wouldn't mind a running back. Our last 3 first rounders have been defensive players, lets start focusing on the offense.
Agreed. No QB really WOWs me unless it's Geno. I mean I wouldn't be pissed if we took a RB, but I'd only take one if all our targets were off the board(OT, WR, OG, QB)
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 20 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group