Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Man I love this site!! It has everything a man needs in life!! Lol
skrILL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
skrILL wrote:
perikirest wrote:
Ricky Sapp may have the best and worst Twitter account ever....

How is that relevant to 2013 NFL prospects? Laughing

And I second the babe draft.

]
My bad! back on topic....

I hate you. Evil or Very Mad

N E W Y O R K J E T S
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch any of the Senior Bowl but from what I've read it wasn't a good day for the QBs. Jesus this group sucks.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
I didn't watch any of the Senior Bowl but from what I've read it wasn't a good day for the QBs. Jesus this group sucks.

Yeah, it was bad. The crazy part is that there is no blitzing and the defense's coverages were limited, and the QBs still looked bad. EJ looked good at the start, and Glennon got hot towards the end. But none really looked like a 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
IvyLeague wrote:

Yeah, it was bad. The crazy part is that there is no blitzing and the defense's coverages were limited, and the QBs still looked bad. EJ looked good at the start, and Glennon got hot towards the end. But none really looked like a 1st round pick.

They were mostly pretty bad. EJ was the most consistent but didn't wow me although he did lead all three scoring drives. Glennon and i think Dysert, made some nice passes but made some really bad ones as well. I have no idea what Wilson was doing. His completion rate was good but he didn't get first downs.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
IvyLeague wrote:

They were mostly pretty bad. EJ was the most consistent but didn't wow me although he did lead all three scoring drives. Glennon and i think Dysert, made some nice passes but made some really bad ones as well. I have no idea what Wilson was doing. His completion rate was good but he didn't get first downs.

yeah all of his passes were check downs besides one deep pass he under threw. I hope we sign a solid QB instead of hoping to find one in this draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel rarely was under pressure with Gillislee ran well. I think one good pass under duress but it took him too long to react it.

Wilson made all baby passes. I am not overly impressed with him.

Nassib had 2 vertical routes. Int is on his stupidity. He was panic and forced to catch on a specific play after receiving a bad snap. Another good route screwed up by him as he overthrew TE who had potential 10 RAC opportunity.

Wilson threw a 44 yard bomb. Nassib had 38 yard bomb. However, Nassib's ball was up and lofted as you can use his arm if your punter is down and Wilson's ball had good distance but was slow. With right mechanic, both could have similar arm strength.

Glennon is a slow starter but I think it is typical of him. Bad start and finish strong qb. His release point is neat but his arm action is visible because it is long and slow. I don't like that.

Landry is the best of all when it comes to arm action and release point but oh boy, he is rattled easily. He could make Mark Sanchez looks acceptable as a pro qb. Shall he be thrown in Africa and let him deal with tribes and wild animals for survival. It should toughen him up.

Dysert isn't all but putting touch on football.

Which is a good steal for Jets? It is all up to David Lee and Marty Mornhinweg. What are their strengths of fixing qb's problems. None of Senior qbs' raw can help us win 9 games right away.

If Jets were forcibly to take a qb then my order should look like it.

Glennon.
Manuel.
Nassib.
Wilson.
Dysert. Toss up.
Jones. Toss down.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching some San Jose St. footage, I really like Travis Johnson now. Soph. year - 7.5 sacks, Junior - 9.5 sacks, Senior - 12 sacks, and 19 tackles for loss. I think he can make a good OLB. He plays with a high motor on the edge.

I also saw something in David Tuitupou. Plays with a good motor, listed as 6'5 260lbs. Looked good agaisnt BYU. Even caught a pass as a TE. Could be a depth/development prospect around round 6.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Johnson is not stout but he should be a good late round prospect. So are many other edgers.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets should sign DJ Hayden, Walter Stewart and Sean Renfree as UDFA and put them on IR. That would be a great story if they turn out solid players for Jets.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senior Bowl practices are much better for evaluating players then the game. When it comes to the game, a good performance can mean a lot, but a bad performance shouldn't mean anything--especially for offensive players.

Even with a week of practice, you're asking every single offensive player to play with someone they have never played with before. There is no chemistry. You can't expect the quarterbacks to look good. I feel like the last elite QB performance in the Senior Bowl was Philip Rivers.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senior Bowl practices are much better for evaluating players then the game. When it comes to the game, a good performance can mean a lot, but a bad performance shouldn't mean anything--especially for offensive players.

Even with a week of practice, you're asking every single offensive player to play with someone they have never played with before. There is no chemistry. You can't expect the quarterbacks to look good. I feel like the last elite QB performance in the Senior Bowl was Philip Rivers.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read Manuel improved through the week in practices which to me says he's coachable. And the game couldn't hurt him ... Good decisions reasonable production and good show of his physical talents for the most pArt.

The game did expose Landry Jones though ... The dude looked like he saw Ray Lewis free blitzing him up the middle or something most plays ... Horribly rattled over minor pressure god would I hate to be the team that drafts him.

And while Glennon did have 2 throws that made me look and go wow the rest of his day was very sub par ... Not only on chemistry but at least reasonable accuracy ... I think his mechanics. Caused a throw he shoulda made to hit the dirt 3 yards in front of the reciever. I do get why those highlight throws get people pumped about him but my gut feeling is he isn't gonna do well in the NFL.

Tyler Wilson ... How safe he played it dissapointed me ... Plus made me doubt his real arm strength when he doesn't have that clean pocket and follow through. Everyone sure hes got the arm ???

Dysert also really underwhelmed Especially what I was expecting to see.
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
From what I read Manuel improved through the week in practices which to me says he's coachable. And the game couldn't hurt him ... Good decisions reasonable production and good show of his physical talents for the most pArt.

The game did expose Landry Jones though ... The dude looked like he saw Ray Lewis free blitzing him up the middle or something most plays ... Horribly rattled over minor pressure god would I hate to be the team that drafts him.

And while Glennon did have 2 throws that made me look and go wow the rest of his day was very sub par ... Not only on chemistry but at least reasonable accuracy ... I think his mechanics. Caused a throw he shoulda made to hit the dirt 3 yards in front of the reciever. I do get why those highlight throws get people pumped about him but my gut feeling is he isn't gonna do well in the NFL.

Tyler Wilson ... How safe he played it dissapointed me ... Plus made me doubt his real arm strength when he doesn't have that clean pocket and follow through. Everyone sure hes got the arm ???

Dysert also really underwhelmed Especially what I was expecting to see.

Not the year to draft a QB. Been saying it for weeks.

Mack on the Sig
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:

Very true. You make a great point.

Geno and Glennon are my favorite QBs this year. I feel Geno is a perfect fit for the WCO.

[]_[] Family

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: