Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Does anyone know how serious Jarvis Jones' condition is? Apparently he only has a mild case of spinal stenosis, but it's hard to believe anything you hear these days. If he isn't a ticking time bomb, then I would love to have him. He's hands down the best pass rusher in this class. I've been dismissing him because of his condition but I was reading up on him a little today and some people think it won't affect him.
I sure as hell hope it doesn't really effect him all that much.

I'm just going to have to hold judgement a little longer and wait for the draft to near. That is when we'll most likely get more accurate info about Jones.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL plays more physical games so who knows. Mild or not. Wear and tear will do the trick on spinal cord.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep an eye on Ryan Potter. Huge talent coming up.

http://deadspin.com/5974599/high-school-special-teams-player-has-the-best-recruiting-mixtape-of-all-time

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Does anyone know how serious Jarvis Jones' condition is? Apparently he only has a mild case of spinal stenosis, but it's hard to believe anything you hear these days. If he isn't a ticking time bomb, then I would love to have him. He's hands down the best pass rusher in this class. I've been dismissing him because of his condition but I was reading up on him a little today and some people think it won't affect him.

None of us are his doctors, so it is pretty tough to tell. He wasn't cleared by USC doctors but was by outside and Georgia doctors. Clearly we are going to have to have our doctors look at him, luckily there are a lot of great facilities in NYC we can send him to, to get a proper read. Frankly it is up to our doctors to look at him and evaluate him. If they give him the green light I say he is a must draft.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just thought i would throw this out there, ive been evaluating a lot of prospects lately. We are currently slated at 9 in the draft. We have a very good amount of options at that position. In my eyes there are 7 extremely talented OLB pass rushers that i think will go top 20 in the first round.

Jarvis Jones
Bjoern Werner
Damontre Moore
Barkevious Mingo
Sam Montegomery
Dion Jordan
Alex Okafor

After those prospects the OLB position gets extremely raw and weak. If all those prospects are gone im only intrigued by 2 guys. These 2 guys are the only players in my mind that can make a major impact at the next level. Chase Thomas and Travis Long. Ive heard their names come up a little but they are the only guys that fit our system. I think they will both sneak into the 2nd round. With that being said... what do we do? I think the best option is to take the best pass rusher available at 9 or maybe trade back hoping to sneak a Montegomery or Okafor.

I dont do mock drafts really but i will post an in depth one once the season is over. I like when people post mock drafts but the most important part of them in my eyes is learning why you chose each prospect.. what do you see in them that makes them worthy of being that pick. I see a lot of random guesses and different names thrown out there like every other day but lets get real and figure out what each prospect brings to the table. Why they fit this scheme. Strengths/weaknesses. statistics.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:

After those prospects the OLB position gets extremely raw and weak. If all those prospects are gone im only intrigued by 2 guys. These 2 guys are the only players in my mind that can make a major impact at the next level. Chase Thomas and Travis Long. Ive heard their names come up a little but they are the only guys that fit our system. I think they will both sneak into the 2nd round. With that being said... what do we do? I think the best option is to take the best pass rusher available at 9 or maybe trade back hoping to sneak a Montegomery or Okafor.

Couldn't agree more, I've seen Carradine and Greene's name thrown out there but they do not fit our system at the OLB position. Carradine lacks the speed and would more likely be suited for a 4-3 or add 15 pounds and become a 3-4 DE. Greene is way to undersized to be an OLB in this jets system and in fact he is an ILB in two different packages at rutgers. Greene is similar to a Donta Hightower. The only guys that fit this system are Lemonier, Jenkins, Thomas, and Long.

Lemonier is similar to Andre Branch last year but a lot more raw, im not interested.

Brandon Jenkins is a perfect fit and i would like to get him if it were in the 3rd. He has the speed to fit an OLB, the only problem is that hes had trouble against stronger offensive tackles in college football.. not to sure how that may translate.

Thomas and Long are highly productive guys in college. Both have high motors and ability to get to the quarterback. I agree with you on the fact that they might be two top tier guys that may sneak onto some sleeper sheets in the near future.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad Levine Toilolo declared hes gonna be a monster in the NFL and hes gonna most likely be in my next mock.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can address the OL in FA so we can use our draft picks elsewhere. A haul of Dion Jordan, Zac Dysert, and Joseph Randle in the first three rounds would be superb.

Quote:
@TonyPauline
Can now confirm Dion Jordan/OLB-DE/Oregon will have surgery to repair a torn labrum..
KBS756

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had the luxury of double dipping at OLB and setting our defense up for years to come.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
I wish we had the luxury of double dipping at OLB and setting our defense up for years to come.

my dream is Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd Round and Anthony Barr in the 1st Round of the 2014 Draft

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:

Brandon Jenkins would do. lol. I don't really trust Ryan's scout team coaches.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:

I think we'll go with an early draft pick and a 2-3 year FA fix as our starters for next year.

If the rookies and sophomores develop how we hope they will, we are two OLBs and a FS away from the best defense in the NFL.
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Swope = a bigger Wes Welker.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:

I think we'll go with an early draft pick and a 2-3 year FA fix as our starters for next year.

If the rookies and sophomores develop how we hope they will, we are two OLBs and a FS away from the best defense in the NFL.

Billy Bass, Eric Martin, Travis Johnson and few mores for 4th round or later. Not a bad option don't you think?
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Padron is forgoing his last eligibility for pro. He should be a nice developmental prospect.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 78 of 100

Jump to: