Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3 GDT: Houston Texans vs New Orleans Saints
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Preseason Week 3 GDT: Houston Texans vs New Orleans Saints Reply with quote

vs

^Trindon Holliday's punt return for a touchdown vs the Niners last week could make him a lock to make the team.

When: Saturday, Aug. 25th
Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Time: 7:00 PM CT
Channel:

Coach Kubiak said the starters will play 3 quarters this week so here's to no injuries!

What I want to see:

-How we build on scoring in the redzone
-Right side of the OL against the Saints defense
-Trindon Holliday and more Trindon Holliday

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to see how Kareem handles the pass, because he was abused last season.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts/things I wanna see:

- 3rd preseason game, so I'm more interested in this vs the rest of the games. I had family obligations for the 49ers game, and fell asleep after the 1st half of the Panthers game. Probably won't even watch the 4th game (might tune in to see Posey, but that's it) but THIS one hear is as close as you can get to the real thing.

- Let's see who gets the most at RT for the Texans, because it's THIS game that will decide whether it's Butler or Newton. Neither has played outstanding football, but (outside of the miffed block against Carolina for Newton) neither has done anything to hand the job off to the other guy. Both are in a dead heat, and either one could win the position. This game will tell us who it is.

- Eh, don't care to see Trindon anytime soon. He's won the job, and a spot on the 53. Very Happy

- I WOULD like to see Keshawn Martin returning kicks and punts, however. In fact, I want to see "the Blue Light Special" (my new nickname for K-Mart) do EVERYTHING for us - throw him a few screens, throw him some deeper routes, line him up opposite AJ on two WR sets, reverses out of the slot, reverses out of the X, reverses out of the Z, line him up in the backfield and send him into the flats, wildcat him - EVERYTHING. Game isn't too big for this guy, so let's see him do what he can do.

- Garrett Graham in the RZ. He's set to replace Joel D as the #2 TE in a lot of packages, so...replace Joel, catch some TDs.

- JJ Watt. I just wanna see him beat out the odds, come back a full two weeks early and play some snaps at DE. Don't get the guy hurt, mind you - just play him for a drive or two, and put him in park for the rest of the day. No harm, no foul if he doesn't...

Now, I wanna see less of/none of:

- Alan Ball. I don't like him, and I don't like his face.

- Injuries. Goes without saying. I'd like to see both teams walk away under their own power.

- Swapping out the Ks. By now, our coaches should know who is doing well and who isn't. Draft picks be damned, we need to lock this position up and be done with it. If it's Shayne Graham, let him kick the whole game. If it's Randy Bullock, let him kick the whole game.

- Alan Ball. Just can't overstate how much I dislike the guy.

- Matt Schaub taking TOO many hits. This might lead itself to the RT spot I was talking about, but no matter where the pressure comes from, I don't wanna see Matty taking hits when he doesn't need to take hits. Naked bootlegs are nice, but no need to run them as much as we do now - I would like to see one, maybe two at most. No need to put things on the line for this game, you know...

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
will742

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm real excited for this game. I got a chance to go to the 49'er game and the atmosphere was nice for a preseason game.

Where would you guys rank Keshawn and LeStar at this point? If you had to compare?

I'm hoping to get a definitive answer to that once this game is over, because as of right now, i'm not so sure I could lean towards one or the other. Obviously both are going to make the roster, but I REALLY really like both of their skillsets. LeStar appeals to me because of his size and athleticism, while Keshawn has lightning quick speed and seems to catch anything thrown his way. Plus LeStar followed me on Twitter, so I gotta give him some love. Anyways I'm rambling now.. GO TEXANs
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that Kubiak will be smart and make AJ the only starter not playing 3 quarters. That's way too big a risk to take in a preseason game. AJ has already shown he's still got it. I cringe every route he runs, hoping he doesn't fall.
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a nationally televised game? Will I be able to get it in Austin?

Is it too harsh to say if we're not winning in an impressive fashion after 3 quarters, there are some serious issues that may not get addressed? I remember a couple years ago we won the first two games handily, but in the third game against the Vikings, they ran circles around us and we got stomped. Heading into that year we gave up like 200+ yards rushing for the first few games and we came out of the gate all wrong. So if I can watch it, I'll be looking for issues and assuming those are issues we'll see carry over into the real world.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
Is this a nationally televised game? Will I be able to get it in Austin?

Is it too harsh to say if we're not winning in an impressive fashion after 3 quarters, there are some serious issues that may not get addressed? I remember a couple years ago we won the first two games handily, but in the third game against the Vikings, they ran circles around us and we got stomped. Heading into that year we gave up like 200+ yards rushing for the first few games and we came out of the gate all wrong. So if I can watch it, I'll be looking for issues and assuming those are issues we'll see carry over into the real world.

Yeah it's on CBS nationally.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to see if the coaching staff gives Ra'Shon Harris more time at Nose Tackle with the 1s this game because he outplayed Earl Mitchell against SF. The Saints aren't as physical a line though so maybe Mitchell will match up better than he did last game.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've seen all I need to see of Matt Schaub and AJ to know they're fine and would prefer they NOT play in the 2nd half.

We need to get real reps to decide whether Keenum is worthy of a roster spot. Interestingly, it is possible we aren't giving him much PT so we DON'T call attention to him so we can slide him thru to the PS which makes some sense, until you remember that our #3 last year started 2 playoff games and needs to be vetted.

I agree that we need to get an extended look at Sunny Harris as we aren't carrying 3 NTs and Crick and Jamison are presumably safe outside. Cutting Cody has it's advantages.

Also agree on the kicker front. Stick Bullock in there full time and let him sink or swim.

I don't recall seeing Shawn Loiseau out there. I'm starting to think Sharpton is a goner, but it would be nice to see if Loiseau is worth a PS spot.

It sure would be nice to see Roc Carmichael before we cut him.

I couldn't agree more about Alan Ball. If this guy makes the roster, I officially start to question whether Rick Smith needs to step in and save Wade Phillips from himself.

I'm about to start jumping back up on my Brice McCain soapbox again as every time I see us giving up a big play, it's his man. Worst CB in the game two years ago looks to be back up to his old tricks again. I'm ready for the Brandon Harris as nickle era to begin and McManus strikes me as a more useful dime.

I'd also like to see Glover Quin actually catch a ball in the breadbasket that isn't thrown by Rusty Smith. Jeez, I haven't seen a worse pair of hands since the Seinfeld "man hands" episode.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
I don't recall seeing Shawn Loiseau out there. I'm starting to think Sharpton is a goner, but it would be nice to see if Loiseau is worth a PS spot.

He played a little bit late in the 4th quarter.

Apollo Stallion wrote:
It sure would be nice to see Roc Carmichael before we cut him.

I saw him late in the game on Special Teams, but not on defense. As bad as Ball has been one would think the team could at least give Carmichael a look out there.

I think you Texans fans should brace yourself for Ball making the team. Laughing The coaching staff seems to prefer him over McMannis and other guys on defense and he's also a punt gunner so prepare for the worst.
jargin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be watching the offense more than the defense. I hope Arian looks as good as he did last year vs the Saints in the preseason. But like it is for most of you, the main thing for me is I hope there are no serious injuries.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gameday fellas, im just excited to see the starters play the most and see if we can get in the endzone.

The top thing im looking at is the RT battle, Butler with the experience should play well in a hostile environment

Also Cush didnt make the trip to NOLA so Mister Alexander will be starting opposite of Bradie. Prepare to see Bradie abused by Sproles and Graham Crying or Very sad

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

I agree that we need to get an extended look at Sunny Harris as we aren't carrying 3 NTs and Crick and Jamison are presumably safe outside.

Harris is out for the season (torn tricep)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

I agree that we need to get an extended look at Sunny Harris as we aren't carrying 3 NTs and Crick and Jamison are presumably safe outside.

Harris is out for the season (torn tricep)

And Jamison is going to be tried at NT a bit in this game is what I've heard.

Mitchell, Fangupo, and Jamison will all get looks there.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing Cushing didn't make the trip. I want him 100 percent for the regular season opener.

I hope Posey made the trip because we need to see him have a ton of reps even if he will make the team. I hope the calf injury he suffered isn't serious. With the way Jean and Martin have been playing he can still help us as a 5th receiver. Most likely he will play the 4th quarter and next Thursday he should play the whole game mostly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: