Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tamba suspended wk 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I must say I am a little disappointed in you guys. I am not sure if it is eternal optimism or Stevie Wonderesque homerism, but we might want to wait until our team can show some consistency week-in and week-out before we start making comments about not fearing a playoff caliber opponent or saying a Pro Bowl caliber defensive end for the opponent sucks. I get the whole excitement about the upcoming season and the whole "rah-rah" thing, but we haven't proven anything yet as a team. Keep in mind we were all pumped last year and then got trampled right out of the gate. Of course alot has changed both from a coaching and roster standpoint, but I think it is a little premature to beat the the "Chiefs are elite and everyone else sucks" drum.

Between the NFL General topic on the Chiefs and some posts in here, we are giving alot of fodder for other fans. Some of it to be quite honest, is a little embarrassing.

Rolling Eyes

whoa, hold your horses there Nic, I can't speak for anyone else, but I definitely scared of Atlanta coming in and beating us. I'm just not scared that their defense is going to shut down our offense. I'm afraid we'll have to get into a shootout and somehow get a big stop or create a turnover to win. Without Tamba, Kendrick, and if Flowers is hurt still then they could definitely put up a bunch of points on us, I'm just saying I don't think we should have a problem scoring on them.

Also John Abraham is not a pro bowl caliber player anymore. He's on the decline and the way we are going to move the ball (running down their freaking throats) has never been a strength of his. I don't fear getting shut down on offense, and I don't fear that Abraham will come in and get 2 sacks or something like that. I honestly think Atlanta is a team that will possibly without reason decline and miss the playoffs this year, but that doesn't mean that they can't beat us. I don't see any reason why any of this is worth an eye roll.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
I must say I am a little disappointed in you guys. I am not sure if it is eternal optimism or Stevie Wonderesque homerism, but we might want to wait until our team can show some consistency week-in and week-out before we start making comments about not fearing a playoff caliber opponent or saying a Pro Bowl caliber defensive end for the opponent sucks. I get the whole excitement about the upcoming season and the whole "rah-rah" thing, but we haven't proven anything yet as a team. Keep in mind we were all pumped last year and then got trampled right out of the gate. Of course alot has changed both from a coaching and roster standpoint, but I think it is a little premature to beat the the "Chiefs are elite and everyone else sucks" drum.

Between the NFL General topic on the Chiefs and some posts in here, we are giving alot of fodder for other fans. Some of it to be quite honest, is a little embarrassing.

Rolling Eyes

whoa, hold your horses there Nic, I can't speak for anyone else, but I definitely scared of Atlanta coming in and beating us. I'm just not scared that their defense is going to shut down our offense. I'm afraid we'll have to get into a shootout and somehow get a big stop or create a turnover to win. Without Tamba, Kendrick, and if Flowers is hurt still then they could definitely put up a bunch of points on us, I'm just saying I don't think we should have a problem scoring on them.

Also John Abraham is not a pro bowl caliber player anymore. He's on the decline and the way we are going to move the ball (running down their freaking throats) has never been a strength of his. I don't fear getting shut down on offense, and I don't fear that Abraham will come in and get 2 sacks or something like that. I honestly think Atlanta is a team that will possibly without reason decline and miss the playoffs this year, but that doesn't mean that they can't beat us. I don't see any reason why any of this is worth an eye roll.

RVM,
It was more of a collective comment relating to alot of the comments I have seen posted in here and in the NFL General topic. You may not feel Abraham can make an impact anymore, but I disagree. And I definitely feel Mike Nolan is smart enough to know the strengths and weaknesses of the individual players on his defense. And from what I have heard he is looking to maximize the impact that Abraham makes by allowing him to rotate in and out at times while using him for his strength - as a pass rusher. They are supposedly looking to utilize multiple looks and be creative on defense as far as blitz packages and even showing 4-3 and 3-4 fronts.

Someone, I think it was val, made the comment that he didn't fear Atlanta and that comment, again combined with the comments made in general about our team (which I think in some cases might be putting the cart before the horse a bit), and not fearing the potential impact of John Abraham even if used in a specific role, is again IMO a little presumptuous.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbarkc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Every year I keep thinking Atlanta could be good this year and every year they find a few ways to loose. I'm not worried about Atlanta at all.

My posts may not be the most insightful, but I'm not crazy. This game was going to be difficult BEFORE we lost Tamba.
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on any given day any team can win, look at the Giants vs the Patriots in the Superbowl or Chiefs vs Packers last year. Upsets can and DO happen.

I just think the Falcons are more hyped then they deserve util they prove otherwise.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Look on any given day any team can win, look at the Giants vs the Patriots in the Superbowl or Chiefs vs Packers last year. Upsets can and DO happen.

I just think the Falcons are more hyped then they deserve util they prove otherwise.

That is kind of what I am saying about the Chiefs from alot of the KC posters in here.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
valkrei wrote:

That is kind of what I am saying about the Chiefs from alot of the KC posters in here.

Chiefs are all hype and not proven at all, but that doesn't mean that the Falcons are going to roll over us.

and I don't think it's a lot of posters, I think it's very few.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Chiefs are all hype and not proven at all, but that doesn't mean that the Falcons are going to roll over us.

and I don't think it's a lot of posters, I think it's very few.

Nobody said anyone is going to roll over anyone else. But to look past anyone is a mistake. You might be right about the majority of posters have a wait-and-see mentality, but there is a very vocal contingent that is setting us up for some heckling if we don't end up 13-3 with a top 5 defense and multiple playoff wins.

LOL
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:

If this was a playoff game, OK they've not proven much, however, they've won at least 9 games each of the last 4 seasons and 10 & 13 wins the past two seasons. Granted that is the regular season, but that is what we're talking about here right. Given our injuries, the new OC, the 2 new linemen, JC's potential hesitance, and Bowe's lack of being "in synch," I think we could definitely be in trouble. I would believe us getting blown out more then us blowing them out tbh.

^ryknowssd on the sig
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Yea from my perspective I consider the Cheifs terrible season last year as a fluke not the year before or this season.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
valkrei wrote:

If this was a playoff game, OK they've not proven much, however, they've won at least 9 games each of the last 4 seasons and 10 & 13 wins the past two seasons. Granted that is the regular season, but that is what we're talking about here right. Given our injuries, the new OC, the 2 new linemen, JC's potential hesitance, and Bowe's lack of being "in synch," I think we could definitely be in trouble. I would believe us getting blown out more then us blowing them out tbh.

Other way around....we'll actually be ready this year. Not a chance we get blown out at Arrowhead. Not much chance we blow them out (a guy like Tamba can really help spearhead a blowout w/ multiple pressures or sack n strips). I still wouldn't be surprised if Cassel plays well that we blow em up pretty good...that combined with execution and a raucous atmosphere is deadly.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Other way around....we'll actually be ready this year. Not a chance we get blown out at Arrowhead. Not much chance we blow them out (a guy like Tamba can really help spearhead a blowout w/ multiple pressures or sack n strips). I still wouldn't be surprised if Cassel plays well that we blow em up pretty good...that combined with execution and a raucous atmosphere is deadly.

We will be without Tamba, and could easily be without Flowers and Lewis. From someone who is already worried about Routt IIRC, I'm surprised you don't think we could get down early to a team with the weapons they have. Then we all know how Cassel plays when behind by more then one score and gets forced to pass. If Tamba is the only that's out, I doubt we get blown out, but if the other two are as well, it's a distinct possibility.

And that raucous crowd could be silent or even booing Cassel if we are down 14pts early.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We will be without Tamba, and could easily be without Flowers and Lewis. From someone who is already worried about Routt IIRC, I'm surprised you don't think we could get down early to a team with the weapons they have. Then we all know how Cassel plays when behind by more then one score and gets forced to pass. If Tamba is the only that's out, I doubt we get blown out, but if the other two are as well, it's a distinct possibility.

I really doubt we are going to be missing Flowers and Lewis. Flowers has been out for 2-3 weeks already with a bruised foot. Unless it was broken from the get go and they didn't let anyone know he will be ready by months end. Bruised foots normally hurt like hell for weeks on end, and then randomly heal within 2-3 days completely. I have no doubt in my mind Flowers will be playing on the 9th.

Lewis I have only heard good thiings about (sling off etc) and I think he will be in there for at least some plays.

Tamba will hurt us but w.e. Hopefully someone steps up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bigschmadt00"]
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

And that raucous crowd could be silent or even booing Cassel if we are down 14pts early.

I'm assuming Flowers plays...even if not, I give Romeo the nod with this much time to prepare. I also said IF Cassel plays well, which is more of an "if" to me than maybe some others. If we got just a little behind early, you're right he hasn't played well, but I don't think we get down much early if he does play well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: