Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jake Locker, Named Starting (Franchise) Quarterback
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Jake Locker, Named Starting (Franchise) Quarterback Reply with quote

Please welcome the future Hall of Fame quarterback, Jake Locker!

Click this! Seriously! Not spam or virus! I wouldn't lie to you! I'd like to promise a free prize, but like I just said, I won't lie!

Jim Wyatt wrote:
The Titans have decided on their starting quarterback for the 2012 season Ė itís Jake Locker, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Locker, the teamís first round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, competed with veteran Matt Hasselbeck during the course of the offseason and in the preseason.

Titans Coach Mike Munchak said on Sunday he planned to name a starter on Monday. According to sources, the Titans have decided on Locker. An official announcement is expected later on Monday .

Locker will start the teamís preseason finale on Thursday against the Cardinals. More importantly, heíll be behind center for the regular season opener on September 9 against the Patriots.

Yes, we have a Hasselsuck vs Locker thread... but I believe this is big enough news to warrant a new thread.

GET READY TO WIN SOME GAMES FOLKS!

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
bfreod2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im glad they made this decision, we can now give locker more reps in preseason and practice with the first team and get him prepared for the regular season

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bfreod2 wrote:
im glad they made this decision, we can now give locker more reps in preseason and practice with the first team and get him prepared for the regular season

Agreed.

I feel for all the people who thought Hasselsuck should start, then make the switch to Locker... it would be bad all-around, for a multitude of reasons.

Hasselsuck would have to suck for him to be benched, so we are hurting to get into the playoff hunt.

Locker will have been taking second team reps, and would be thrust into the first team midway through the season.

And overall, it would just be a mess of a season, and a lost cause overall. Even of Hasselsuck was manageable, he's not leading us to the glory land.

I am absolutely thrilled that Locker is starting for us. As you mentioned, he can now get the full focus of the first team and coaching staff, as well as maximum practice and preseason game reps.

I do believe that we'll take our lumps this season with him under center. But I think, even for this upcoming season, our chances are better with Locker than with Hasselsuck. And for the long run of our franchise, it's not even close.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 5 Yds: 55 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 5/5 Long: 47 XP: 3/3
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:

Epic post. Laughing

So beyond thrilled that Locker is starting. Ready to start a new era in Titans football!
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REJOICE!

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes the most sense.

Hasselbeck hasn't played head and shoulders better than Locker. Locker has made progress. He can handle the league. He will never become the QB he is destined to be riding the bench.

All these worries about the 1st 4 games is foolish to me. For one, we don't know how good those teams are going to be, things change every year. We don't know how good we will be...Our defense may surprise people, especially if Marks, Cassey and McCarthy play like they have.

Tampa Bay was the bad egg in in the bunch in my opinion. We have seen him play much better. We have seen the WRs play better and we have seen the O-line pass block better. That game was not an indication of what Locker can do in my opinion.

In the end, I think Locker brings more good than bad. He will have some bad,but I think his overall effect on the team is what we looking at. I think the team will play hard for him and with him.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so glad to say i was wrong about Munch i thought he wasgonna bs the whole time but he gave Locker a legit shot to start an here he is

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is great news and all, but the timing is so weird. 4/11 with a pick? START HIM! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH THE SWEET TASTE OF CROW NOM NOM NOM.

I knew I'd eat a ALOOOOOOT but I'm glad.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words just can't explain what Im feeling right now. Dancing

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 5 Yds: 55 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 5/5 Long: 47 XP: 3/3
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
So this is great news and all, but the timing is so weird. 4/11 with a pick? START HIM! Laughing

I'm not complaining I picked him up as my 2nd QB in my fantasy league behind Brady in the 10th round. STEAL! Laughing Now my only problem is to decide who to start the first week.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A team source told Ian Rapoport on Monday that Locker is the Titans' hardest working player, someone the players look to. The move is expected to be popular in the locker room. The Titans' plan is to have Locker play roughly three quarters with the starters Thursday against the Arizona Cardinals, the first game in which the Titans will game plan for an opponent.

via NFL.com

I think the guys will be excited for him. He seems to have the respect of the guys and he definitely has the will to win. Also we now have one of the best back-ups in the league. Heck with how much Rusty has improved we have one of the best QB groups top to bottom in the league IMO.
I still want to know who the guy screaming YES!!! in the hall way was the other day Laughing
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has not proven it already, Munch is definately not Fish. Locker needed the work as others have said with the 1st team over the next 2 weeks and to hear he will work 3 qtrs against Arizona is great. The CB Peterson for AZ is a up and coming corner, so he will have a chance to test him. Also Belicheck made Mr. Longhorn look like a high school QB in that season finale in '06, so give Locker as much time as needed with the QB coach & Palmer.

In addition CJ had his running lanes again on Friday night, that was all because of the threat of the run that Locker brings. Also Locker can take the top of the defense with his arm so that will remove alot of that 8 in the box. I would not be surprised to see some zone read run plays with CJ & Locker running the option on the DE in the regular season. There will be some growing pains with Locker, but I know this guy will keep fighting to be the best. I have been watching him since he was a freshman at U of W. Munch just put all his chips on Locker, so he is going to ride with him good or bad for this season.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy am I excited. I feel like a 12 year girl at Justin Beiber concert. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: