Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mizzou Thread: What is going on!!? (Think Happy Thoughts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please beat South Carolina, also sorry for injuring Franklin last week.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Wasn't pretty tonight, but I'll take it.
Thats what happens when you have to throw the backup in. And people were saying Corbin should be the starter...

Not sure if you guys have heard the rumors, but they were than Franklin couldnt play because he wouldnt take a shot to get rid of the shoulder pain. Im not against that he wouldnt take it, I understand thats a valid decision. (especily a college kid shouldnt be forced to do anything like that) But the rumor was that it was his religious beliefs that led him to this decision.

Remember this isnt a place to be discussion or politics, so lets not go there, but its one of the more odd reasons to refuse a cortisone shot.

I only bring it up to ask, do you all think this effects his standing with the rest of the guys on the team if he "didnt want to play" vs "didnt want the shot" and therefore couldnt play?
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Wasn't pretty tonight, but I'll take it.
Thats what happens when you have to throw the backup in. And people were saying Corbin should be the starter...

Not sure if you guys have heard the rumors, but they were than Franklin couldnt play because he wouldnt take a shot to get rid of the shoulder pain. Im not against that he wouldnt take it, I understand thats a valid decision. (especily a college kid shouldnt be forced to do anything like that) But the rumor was that it was his religious beliefs that led him to this decision.

Remember this isnt a place to be discussion or politics, so lets not go there, but its one of the more odd reasons to refuse a cortisone shot.

I only bring it up to ask, do you all think this effects his standing with the rest of the guys on the team if he "didnt want to play" vs "didnt want the shot" and therefore couldnt play?

Yeah I heard that about James, actually Pinkel told the sideline reporter that he chose not to, didn't mention why though.

And people have been hating on James Franklin ever since he took over last year. I hope that game last night just shows the fans how much he means to that team. He's not going to be an elite prospect, but he fits our offense perfectly.

And no, I don't think Franklin choosing not to take the shot will effect his relationship with the guys on the team. I actually applaud him for doing what he did. If that's what he believes in.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not upset at all with Franklin's decision. Actually, can't say I wouldn't do the same. This offense asks him to take a regular pounding and his shoulder takes a lot of hits for a QB...

He needs to get as healthy as possible...

TommyC376 on the sig...
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie bought up a good point today. Pinkel should of never told anyone that Franklin chose not to take the shot. Now everyone's going to question Franklin's heart.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We look terrible right now. Reminds me of the last time we played the Gamecocks.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the SEC, guys. Good game. Smile

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is our center really terrible?
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Is it just me, or is our center really terrible?

Yes. Now, I'm assuming that the backup is worse, but all those high snaps in shotgun were killing us. Terrible.

Nice to get a win. Hard-fought, for sure. Didn't look great doing it, though. Got a lot to clean up & improve. By and large, it was big plays that helped us pull it out: the great catch-and-run by DGB for an 80-yard TD, the punt return for a TD, even the big run my Lawrence that set up the third TD. Other than those, we did next to nothing. Gonna have to be better than that for conference games.

.flash on the sig
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense keeps the trend of embarrasment...

I'm so tired of seeing Yost continue to run bubble screens and dink/dunk throws. We don't have the same WR base as years past...

Majority of our WR's are 6'2 plus. We can actually go down the field and let them use their athleticism/strengths...

TommyC376 on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been able to make it in here, because I cant force myself to talk about the Tigers after the past few games. The entire Offense needs to Sack-up and start playing better. From Frank to the WRs to the Line, they all need to be better.

But you all better watch as much Sheldon as you can in a Tiger uniform, because the way he has been dominating games he wont be sticking around after this year. I already put it at a 75% chance that he is gone, and enters the Draft after this season. Its great for him and for the Program to keep putting High draft pick Lineman into the draft, but we are already thin at DT, it could be really meager next year when Sheldon bolts.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Missouri LT Elvis Fisher may return to the starting lineup for the Tigers for Saturday's game against Vanderbilt. Fisher has missed time since the Tigers' week tow matchup with Georgia after injuring the MCL in his right knee.

TommyC376 on the sig...
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
But you all better watch as much Sheldon as you can in a Tiger uniform, because the way he has been dominating games he wont be sticking around after this year. I already put it at a 75% chance that he is gone, and enters the Draft after this season. Its great for him and for the Program to keep putting High draft pick Lineman into the draft, but we are already thin at DT, it could be really meager next year when Sheldon bolts.

Agreed. Heck, didn't Sheldon say before he even got to Mizzou that he would leave early? I thought I heard that somewhere, could be wrong.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Agreed. Heck, didn't Sheldon say before he even got to Mizzou that he would leave early? I thought I heard that somewhere, could be wrong.

No you're right, I've heard that as well. I think we've all known that if he was anything close to what he was hyped to be he would be leaving early...

I'd actually be more surprised if he stayed...

TommyC376 on the sig...
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGB was arrested for possession and now is suspended for the game I'm going to this weekend...

TommyC376 on the sig...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: