Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Jets team is worse than last years team.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWJNYC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: This Jets team is worse than last years team. Reply with quote

Bringing in Sparano to be the OC was a bad move, his offense in Miami blew and now so will the Jets! When the jets were filling the spot left open by the departure of Marty's son, we should have plucked someone of a team that the offense actually could score points. If we don't make the playoffs again, both Rex and Tanny should be fired.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who should we have brought in as the OC

who should we have drafted, signed, traded for

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

1) Todd Haley

2) Riley Reiff/David DeCastro in the first. Passed our biggest need.

3) Mike Tolbert/Robert Meachum/WE REALLY SHOULD'VE SIGNED ERIC WINSTON

4) J-Stew

Jamison.'s Gallery
richie jets

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this o line is as bad of unit since the kotite era , this is going to bite tanny in [inappropriate/removed]. could've signed Eric Winston last year Jared Gaither . Or drafted Riley rief ( I don't want to hear about not taking a right tacke that high !!!!! Rief was a top 10 blue chip prospect . Coples looks like a beast but I line was a much bigger need than dl . When we're 2 -8 it will serve the f/o right[/quote]
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
1) Todd Haley

4) J-Stew
I wish all of this was possible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison is right. Iv said this before, as much as i like Coples why pass on our glaring needs like the offensive side of the ball in the draft.

At the beginning of the new season we should of targeted an offensive cordinator who actually has a good offense. Should of brought Sparano as assistant head coach/offensive line coach.

As soon as FA started we should of cut Hunter, Eric Smith and Mulligan (only 1 happened) With the extra cap room we could of signed Eric Winston when he got cut.from the Texans.

Signed a running back from Bush or Hillis.

Get a backup quarterback without burning two draft picks.

Got safety help (so far so good on that problem)

Then in the draft we should of traded down and grabbed Decastro, Hill and another offensive playmaker.

So instead of using most of our picks on the side of the ball which is actually good we improve our biggest weaknesses. An offensive line of Brick,Decastro,Mangold,Moore and Winston would actually give Mark time to throw and then see if we have our franchise QB. Plus a three.down back.like Hillis would actually pose different problems for opposing defenses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparano's philosophies line up and identify 100% with what Rex Ryan wants and will work as a good foil to Ryan's defense if we can actually get some personnel. Run the ball, control the clock, protect the quarterback, don't turn the ball over.

As for what the Jets could have done, to an extent this season was always going to be needing to take a step back to take a step forward. Because the Jets just didn't have a lot of money to spend and any money spent had to be on retaining players. But it was alarming that no needs on offense were attempted to be filled at all.

The Jets didn't have the money to spend on Eric Winston or Robert Meachem. Meachem, in particular, would have been a risk not worth taking for the Jets given the deal he signed. Anthony Collins was a player I said the Jets could do a lot worse than take a shot on though, young with starting experience(at both tackle spots) and has performed solidly at RT in the past. Ended up signing back on a two year deal with Cincinnati for under 3m total just to be there swing tackle. The Jets could have easily matched that(especially if Hunter was cut from the get-go) and he certainly would have been lured by being a starter.

DeCastro would have been a pick I would have supported but really wouldn't have changed anything in the short term. He's not a right tackle. Whereas Riley Reiff as a right tackle just isn't something you draft in the first round. Poor value. Coples is a better pick long term given his natural ability and Rex Ryan's track record in developing defensive players. The Jets mistake was not drafting a RT, maybe even two, in the middle rounds. I like Demario Davis but I would have had no issues on Bobby Massie who was taken in the fourth round who is already competing for a starting job at RT with Arizona. And you know, we didn't have to trade for Tebow because that fourth round pick could have actually been useful in getting a right tackle.

It'll be next year where a lot of revamping will take place... Scott, Pace and Hunter just amongst the three of them can be released to save just under 20m in cap space. We'll have some players to re-sign but some decisions to make there as well. Big changes next offseason.

When the regular season rolls around, the Jets offense is going to be boring but it's not going to be a comedy of errors. When we're playing games to win them Wayne Hunter isn't going to drop back and be dealing with pass rushers on his own all game. In Sparano's three full years as head coach with the Dolphins, their offense led the league in calling max protections every single season. Sanchez is going to be protected next season at any cost.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

1) Todd Haley

4) J-Stew

I wanted todd haley too but sanchez would have been crying already.

I loved decastro, but i wouldnt have drafted a rt in the first round. you draft rt's in the late first or second round.

as it was said we just didnt have the money for winston. tannenbaum never seems to have us in a great cap situation. but its ok because we guaranteed sanchez and hunter after terrible years.

Jonathan stewart would have been the best move this team has made since trading for curtis martin or trading keyshawn johnson.

Were a "ground and pound" team with a backup RB and a below average offensive line. can you think of more then 5 teams whose running back youd wouldnt rather have than shonn greene? because i can't. Go make an offer for MJD. Give em tebow. at least they'll sell tickets.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I really wanted Cordy Glenn or Bobby Massie. Massie didn't look to bad in his last game. Jamison's list was actually perfect . I wanted Todd when he was on the market. But I wasn't mad about Tony when we hired him only because I thought he was going to make the oline his first priority. If we didn't trash our 4th , we could of at least had Massie. I'm not giving up on this season yet, but things are looking bad. I still think we are saving the best plays for regular season , we just need to find someone who can take the RT spot and play well for atleast one year until next draft.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Long will be a free agent next offseason. Stop panicking.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jake Long will be a free agent next offseason. Stop panicking.
That would be perfect !!!! But what until then . I actually love this draft for next year and beyond if we sign jake long and have a solid draft in 2013 we may be hosting our own Super Bowl . Its just hard to watch right now
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off wait until everyones healthy. Second off get rid of hunter and start Howard. Howard will only benefit from playing time, this offensive line needs time and games to grow with Howard. Last If all is necessary we trade for a RT.

I really hope this front office and coaching staff finally realizes how bad Hunter is. He deserves to be cut.

FYI- I pulled a "Wayne Hunter" last night btw, a hot girl was given me looks at blondies sports over at the dam and i just stood there... aghh. Im kicking myself over it
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
First off wait until everyones healthy. Second off get rid of hunter and start Howard. Howard will only benefit from playing time, this offensive line needs time and games to grow with Howard. Last If all is necessary we trade for a RT.

I really hope this front office and coaching staff finally realizes how bad Hunter is. He deserves to be cut.

FYI- I pulled a "Wayne Hunter" last night btw, a hot girl was given me looks at blondies sports over at the dam and i just stood there... aghh. Im kicking myself over it

lol A similar thing happen to me not to long ago bro. But I didn't realize she was checking me out until it was too late.

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Sparano's philosophies line up and identify 100% with what Rex Ryan wants and will work as a good foil to Ryan's defense if we can actually get some personnel. Run the ball, control the clock, protect the quarterback, don't turn the ball over.

As for what the Jets could have done, to an extent this season was always going to be needing to take a step back to take a step forward. Because the Jets just didn't have a lot of money to spend and any money spent had to be on retaining players. But it was alarming that no needs on offense were attempted to be filled at all.

The Jets didn't have the money to spend on Eric Winston or Robert Meachem. Meachem, in particular, would have been a risk not worth taking for the Jets given the deal he signed. Anthony Collins was a player I said the Jets could do a lot worse than take a shot on though, young with starting experience(at both tackle spots) and has performed solidly at RT in the past. Ended up signing back on a two year deal with Cincinnati for under 3m total just to be there swing tackle. The Jets could have easily matched that(especially if Hunter was cut from the get-go) and he certainly would have been lured by being a starter.

DeCastro would have been a pick I would have supported but really wouldn't have changed anything in the short term. He's not a right tackle. Whereas Riley Reiff as a right tackle just isn't something you draft in the first round. Poor value. Coples is a better pick long term given his natural ability and Rex Ryan's track record in developing defensive players. The Jets mistake was not drafting a RT, maybe even two, in the middle rounds. I like Demario Davis but I would have had no issues on Bobby Massie who was taken in the fourth round who is already competing for a starting job at RT with Arizona. And you know, we didn't have to trade for Tebow because that fourth round pick could have actually been useful in getting a right tackle.

It'll be next year where a lot of revamping will take place... Scott, Pace and Hunter just amongst the three of them can be released to save just under 20m in cap space. We'll have some players to re-sign but some decisions to make there as well. Big changes next offseason.

When the regular season rolls around, the Jets offense is going to be boring but it's not going to be a comedy of errors. When we're playing games to win them Wayne Hunter isn't going to drop back and be dealing with pass rushers on his own all game. In Sparano's three full years as head coach with the Dolphins, their offense led the league in calling max protections every single season. Sanchez is going to be protected next season at any cost.

As always, a voice of reason.

To expand on your first paragraph, many people seem to forget that the marriage of coach, player, and system is crucial. They are interconnected and can't survive without the other. A good coach can't get exactly what he wants with players who lack talent or intelligence, just like a great player can't live up to his potential unless he has a coach who knows how to put him in a position to succeed.

Sparano's philosophies definitely fit the bill, and with a defense that looks like it's going to be near the top of the league the biggest thing the Jets have to do to win games will be to avoid turnovers and try to spend as much time keeping the other team off the field as they can.

And therein lies the kicker though. If the running game doesn't get it together, then yes, this is going to be a rough season. But you don't have to pass in this league to win. People forget that the best way to stop an offense is to keep them off the field.

I'm just praying that the Jets find a way to get the running game going. It's the life blood of the team this year.
jamax99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass rushers are a lot harder to get, Just look at giants , there line is not great , but there d line is what won Super Bowl for them. He made a good trade for a very good rt , but only problem was he was hurt. We need to pick up a veteran tackle that gets released , and we will be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: