Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick question about seating in the O.Co

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4524
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Quick question about seating in the O.Co Reply with quote



Where is the best place to sit in order to experience the true Raider Nation?
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 9177
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one game I went to in Oakland, we sat on the 45 yard line, 20 some rows up, and behind the Raider bench. It was awesome seating. My biggest piece of advice would be to sit behind the Raider bench, just so you can see your own players and coaches and not the ugly opposing ones.
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4551
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200's and 100's on the right side imo. Thoes sections are absolutely nuts(in a good way). Can't go wrong anywhere in the black hole tho
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4524
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
200's and 100's on the right side imo. Thoes sections are absolutely nuts(in a good way). Can't go wrong anywhere in the black hole tho


I'm considering coming to the US for the home opener vs San Diego and I'm contemplating whether I come like a Middle Eastern Prince or a London Thug. The club seats are cheap, HOWEVER, I think I'll get chucked out from excessive swearing and noise which is why the black hole would be the best place for me.

Any suggestions as to whether I should choose club over Black Hole?
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4524
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
The one game I went to in Oakland, we sat on the 45 yard line, 20 some rows up, and behind the Raider bench. It was awesome seating. My biggest piece of advice would be to sit behind the Raider bench, just so you can see your own players and coaches and not the ugly opposing ones.


Is that a good view and atmosphere? I don't really want to be in the family section because I have a bit of a foul mouth when Oakland plays games lol
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5180
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black hole is a lot of fun Very Happy
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6400
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expensive? A Pepsi costs amillion dollars in the UK. Club seats at an American Football game is the equivalent of getting a few bananas and a piece of licorice from your local grocery store.


But for experience, sit in the stands. Nothing like chatting it up and embracing complete strangers covered in beer like they were family. Probably have more stories to take with you as well.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4338
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is don't sit in the black hole if you want to observe and enjoy the football part of the game. If you are just going to get really loaded and are there for the party then the black hole is perfect.

Last year I sat 3rd row sec 116 I believe and it was really good to see the players and celebs at the game ie ice cube mc hammer and even talked to Amy trask. But we were to close to see the whole field as that side of the stadium is low. You can't see over the players.

I am sitting this year for Monday night opener in sec 144 row 13(right behind the chargers bench) and I believe these will be perfect to see everything and yet be close enough to harass Philip.

So over the years I have sat all over the stadium and it really depends on the experience you are looking for while at the game. It will be fun regardless as long as you don't sit up at the top in the 300's that was the worst choice I have made going to that stadium.

And by the way don't expect a nice gorgeous stadium or backdrop for the stadium as it is in a rough part of town and its a crappy stadium to begin with. It fits the nation perfectly though and there is no other place like it. Make sure to go early enough to walk around and check out the tailgating. It's a good time.
_________________

Sigged by Jamison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4551
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with cursing at the coliseum, most people are so into the game that they don't give a ish about any of that. I've always had the best time in the black hole tho, great experience all the time and a great view of the game(when they're driving away from you the big screen is right infront of you). You'll have a good time anywhere tho

Quote:
So over the years I have sat all over the stadium and it really depends on the experience you are looking for while at the game. It will be fun regardless as long as you don't sit up at the top in the 300's that was the worst choice I have made going to that stadium.


pretty much this
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4524
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't drink alcohol lol
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4524
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
My advice is don't sit in the black hole if you want to observe and enjoy the football part of the game. If you are just going to get really loaded and are there for the party then the black hole is perfect.

Last year I sat 3rd row sec 116 I believe and it was really good to see the players and celebs at the game ie ice cube mc hammer and even talked to Amy trask. But we were to close to see the whole field as that side of the stadium is low. You can't see over the players.

I am sitting this year for Monday night opener in sec 144 row 13(right behind the chargers bench) and I believe these will be perfect to see everything and yet be close enough to harass Philip.

So over the years I have sat all over the stadium and it really depends on the experience you are looking for while at the game. It will be fun regardless as long as you don't sit up at the top in the 300's that was the worst choice I have made going to that stadium.

And by the way don't expect a nice gorgeous stadium or backdrop for the stadium as it is in a rough part of town and its a crappy stadium to begin with. It fits the nation perfectly though and there is no other place like it. Make sure to go early enough to walk around and check out the tailgating. It's a good time.


I don't drink and I'm not expecting Wembley Stadium lol
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9816
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
I don't drink alcohol lol

psssh what do you drink then? haha
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4524
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
I don't drink alcohol lol

psssh what do you drink then? haha


I drink soda and juice drinks.
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10074
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
I don't drink alcohol lol

psssh what do you drink then? haha


I drink soda and juice drinks.


Wait? Really? You definitely struck me as a partier/Drinker lol.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4524
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
I don't drink alcohol lol

psssh what do you drink then? haha


I drink soda and juice drinks.


Wait? Really? You definitely struck me as a partier/Drinker lol.


Naa man. Hip hop clubs n ish, yeah. But alcohol, naa.
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group