Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Relax Guys its preseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10109
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.


very true
i thought by now cp would look better since he had a "whole offseason" but imvho he looks like he has regressed and completely lost in the new system. people say dont get worried but we have 2-3 weeks before regualar season starts. Defense looks ready but the O doesnt.


A lot offenses around the league don't look ready. Quite a few of the games great QBs aren't playing well either.


When we have a great qb let me know. Again elite and great players and teams have proven themselves as much. When Palmer throws a pick I wish I had the confidence in him to say its just preseason. Back in 2007 I probably would have. just not right now.


I'm a Palmer fan and I say that's pretty fair. He needs to check down some more, especially when that check down option is dmac. But hopefully he's just taking more chance it's pre season.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 15105
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.


very true
i thought by now cp would look better since he had a "whole offseason" but imvho he looks like he has regressed and completely lost in the new system. people say dont get worried but we have 2-3 weeks before regualar season starts. Defense looks ready but the O doesnt.


A lot offenses around the league don't look ready. Quite a few of the games great QBs aren't playing well either.


i dont really care about how other teams look. i know we have looked sorry for years. im tired of lowering my expectations. im not saying i wanna see us putting up 3tds a preaseason game but i would like to see that my starting qb knows the offense and that my starting rb can punch it in from the 1 yard line. cp looks like he is going to throw 20 ints this year. he threw 2 ints in his first 15 throws.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 15105
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
They dont have an impact on the regular season standings, these games do matter. and our 1's havent looked good... neither have our 2's or 3's.

We arent a team that is established enough to not care how we look in the preseason.


Our number 1 D looks great. Our 2nd and 3rd team receivers looks good. Matt Leinart looks like a capable back-up, Our #1 WR, C and TE are injured, when our best player is in we move the ball and our back up RB is hurt.

Only position I'm worried about is back up RB, back up Corner and back up OT

It's a whole new system, a whole new organization for that matter. I'd cool off and give it q chance before hitting the panic button.

This season, IMO falls heavily on the shoulders of DMC. He simply CANNOT get hurt.


This is a very optimistic look at our team. All the things I'm worried about. Outside linebackers, all the corners are question marks, back up RB is in the air, te is up in the air, oline depth, all depth on defense(except dline) and starting qb.

Wrs, backup qb, starting oline, starting RB, middle linebacker, starting safeties, and dline as a whole is what I'm comfortable wit.


agree
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thelawoffices


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 14648
Location: Event Horizon Of Smugness
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as McFadden stays healthy, I'm not too worried about the offense. If he goes down, though, then we're in trouble.

Another thing I've noticed is that Palmer still doesn't seem extremely comfortable throwing the ball to DHB. Maybe it's just me, but when he first got here last year, it seemed like there were times where he was really trying to get the ball to Moore, and it seems like he's been doing some of the same things with Streater. I'm aware that DHB still had some really good games with Palmer last year, but the connection still doesn't seem all there. I just hope Moore gets healthy soon. I'm a huge DHB fan, but I could see Moore/Streater as the two starters at WR.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
I KNEW you were going to be smug about the pureness of your urine

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34092
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mason from San Diego wants to know if I think the Raidersí linebackers will be strong in 2012.

Bill Williamson: I think they will be OK. I donít think the group is one of the Raidersí strengths. Aaron Curry, Rolando McClain and Philip Wheeler are all adequate players, but none are special. Rookie Miles Burris could play his way into some action, especially if Curry's knees continue to be a problem. Again, I donít think the unit will kill Oakland, but it wonít be special, either.


I think we'll be fine at LB. I like what I've seen from Wheeler thus far. Solid in coverage and good at blitzing. I feel like Curry and McClain will get better in Allen's scheme and with his and Tarver's coaching. I think Curry can become a legit point of strength on our D if everything comes together like it could.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22761
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
They dont have an impact on the regular season standings, these games do matter. and our 1's havent looked good... neither have our 2's or 3's.

We arent a team that is established enough to not care how we look in the preseason.


Our number 1 D looks great. Our 2nd and 3rd team receivers looks good. Matt Leinart looks like a capable back-up, Our #1 WR, C and TE are injured, when our best player is in we move the ball and our back up RB is hurt.

Only position I'm worried about is back up RB, back up Corner and back up OT

It's a whole new system, a whole new organization for that matter. I'd cool off and give it q chance before hitting the panic button.

This season, IMO falls heavily on the shoulders of DMC. He simply CANNOT get hurt.


This is a very optimistic look at our team. All the things I'm worried about. Outside linebackers, all the corners are question marks, back up RB is in the air, te is up in the air, oline depth, all depth on defense(except dline) and starting qb.

Wrs, backup qb, starting oline, starting RB, middle linebacker, starting safeties, and dline as a whole is what I'm comfortable wit.


This. But it shouldn't come as surprise. Reggie said the team needed depth when he was hired. That is going to be a work in progress. The depth right now are young players who will need some time to acclimate to the game.

I'm sure Reggie has a number of players he will scour off the waiver wire prior to week 1 in any event. He sees weakness where we all see it and will try to replace it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22761
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
People just don't get it. Nobody would care about Palmer throwing picks if he didn't throw 13 in 7 games last year. Nobody would care about knapp play calling if we haven't seen it suck before. Nobody would care about barnes and Barksdale looking bad if they haven't look bad before. I hate this compairing us to other teams and other qb garbage. Just like jets fans should be concern about their offense, Sanchez, and tebow. Cause it has all sucked recently when it matter not just this preseason. Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


I agree with you, except about Barnes. He hasnt looked bad this year, but we know that he can be.

Right now im getting concerned about Palmer and the offense (minus DMC). Knapp's play calling left a lot to be desired in 2007 but I was hoping it was a lack of talent, well so far it looks like he just isnt a very good play caller. The continued bootlegs, runs on third and long, failure on the goal line is certainly cause for concern. Im still holding out some hope that its just him being vanilla in preseason but I have a sinking feeling that our offense is going to take a step back. I think we can manage as long as DMC is around, but if he goes down at any point I will have zero faith in the offense.

However I think the defense is playing much better then expected. I like the way were using guys to their strengths and getting creative. Im not saying were going to be elite but I think the defense has made marketable improvements over last season (not hard to do). I love some of the blitzes we have been dialing up, and I have more faith in Allen and Tarver getting the most out of our guys then any DC (Al) in the past.

Its weird because coming into the season I had a lot of faith in our offense (and I still like the talent there), and was concered that our defense was going to continue to play poor. Well so far through the preseason it looks the opposite and we might need it to be.

Im not pushing the panic button just yet, things can change, but these are topics that should at least be discussed. Just because its preseason doesnt mean you cant take anything away from it. The offense needs to get creative and start putting some points on the board, and the defense needs to continue to gel and improve for us to have success this year.


This is how I feel. Like you said, hopes it vanilla play calling right now.

The constant drag across the middle is getting old. Must have seen that underneath throw 7-8 times against AZ. We have yet to see any YAC. WRs are not getting separation right now. It's been check downs, curls and slats. Really bland across the board.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 8255
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
As long as McFadden stays healthy, I'm not too worried about the offense. If he goes down, though, then we're in trouble.

Another thing I've noticed is that Palmer still doesn't seem extremely comfortable throwing the ball to DHB. Maybe it's just me, but when he first got here last year, it seemed like there were times where he was really trying to get the ball to Moore, and it seems like he's been doing some of the same things with Streater. I'm aware that DHB still had some really good games with Palmer last year, but the connection still doesn't seem all there. I just hope Moore gets healthy soon. I'm a huge DHB fan, but I could see Moore/Streater as the two starters at WR.


I see it too. You could see that he likes gravitating towards whoever else is on the field. He kept throwing at Ford in the 1st game despite him doing nothing but messing up. Even when he's asked by reporters about what he thinks of DHB, he always brings Moore and Ford into the conversation within the next second, yet he doesn't do the same when asked by the other 2 WRs. Weird.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10109
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait until Moore and Myers are back. I'm really confident that we'll beat the chargers week 1.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oak42069


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 2114
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.


very true
i thought by now cp would look better since he had a "whole offseason" but imvho he looks like he has regressed and completely lost in the new system. people say dont get worried but we have 2-3 weeks before regualar season starts. Defense looks ready but the O doesnt.


A lot offenses around the league don't look ready. Quite a few of the games great QBs aren't playing well either.


When we have a great qb let me know. Again elite and great players and teams have proven themselves as much. When Palmer throws a pick I wish I had the confidence in him to say its just preseason. Back in 2007 I probably would have. just not right now.


I'm a Palmer fan and I say that's pretty fair. He needs to check down some more, especially when that check down option is dmac. But hopefully he's just taking more chance it's pre season.


were throwing the ball down field to gordon. it's preseason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5575
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason for concern is the injuries. this team has talent, and it needs to be on the field. preseason is practice, everyone knows that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1110
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Right now im getting concerned about Palmer and the offense (minus DMC). Knapp's play calling left a lot to be desired in 2007 but I was hoping it was a lack of talent, well so far it looks like he just isnt a very good play caller. The continued bootlegs, runs on third and long, failure on the goal line is certainly cause for concern. Im still holding out some hope that its just him being vanilla in preseason but I have a sinking feeling that our offense is going to take a step back. I think we can manage as long as DMC is around, but if he goes down at any point I will have zero faith in the offense.

Im not pushing the panic button just yet, things can change, but these are topics that should at least be discussed. Just because its preseason doesnt mean you cant take anything away from it. The offense needs to get creative and start putting some points on the board, and the defense needs to continue to gel and improve for us to have success this year.


Yep, theres no harm in mentioning these things, but IMHO after all the changes and new installations off the field I'm not really expecting a lot this year. It would be nice if things went great and we challenged for the playoffs but even though the playing roster is similar to last year there have been so many changes in scheme, coaches etc. that it wouldn't suprise me if things didn't start to click until a quarter way into the regular season. The main thing is that we're in this thing for the long haul, Reggie and DA know that and know that it isn't all resting on getting immediate results. I'd much rather this year put the foundations in place for continued success over the long term. To be in playoff contention would be the icing on the cake.

I wouldn't say i'm concerned yet about the offence, but if in the next couple of games they don't start showing some signs of life then it should be a topic for conversation at least. If however, the offence does start to ignite and defence continues it's transformation, we'll be further ahead than i would have thought reasonable. It's not like we started from a position of strength, we've gone 8-8 for 2 seasons in a pretty weak division so i think a few of us are expecting a little too much, too soon.
_________________
ďIt may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.Ē
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12328
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
very true
i thought by now cp would look better since he had a "whole offseason" but imvho he looks like he has regressed and completely lost in the new system. people say dont get worried but we have 2-3 weeks before regualar season starts. Defense looks ready but the O doesnt.


Of course he looks this way to you. But you get excited and say Pryor looks "good" when running around like a chicken w/ his head cut off then throwing an errant pass. So if you think a QB looks bad, that usually is a good thing for that QB.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12328
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Why should we take comfort is other teams doing bad or other qbs doing bad.


Because we only have a couple more weeks to find reasons to be optimistic about the 2012 Raiders before reality hits us all in the face.


very true
i thought by now cp would look better since he had a "whole offseason" but imvho he looks like he has regressed and completely lost in the new system. people say dont get worried but we have 2-3 weeks before regualar season starts. Defense looks ready but the O doesnt.


A lot offenses around the league don't look ready. Quite a few of the games great QBs aren't playing well either.


i dont really care about how other teams look. i know we have looked sorry for years. im tired of lowering my expectations. im not saying i wanna see us putting up 3tds a preaseason game but i would like to see that my starting qb knows the offense and that my starting rb can punch it in from the 1 yard line. cp looks like he is going to throw 20 ints this year. he threw 2 ints in his first 15 throws.


And Pryor would EASILY throw 40, but he looks "good". "Woke my azs up"...... LOL.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12328
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, NCOUGH, it hasn't been a full preseason yet. Just wanted to make sure I threw that out there.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group