Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Relax Guys its preseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9968
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22197
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


Yea I was surprised to hear that stuff on ESPN. Didn't translate to many wins and it was an offense better suited for him. The way he played against a terrible Packers defense was disappointing though. We'll see how much working on his timing has payed off because it was one of his biggest problems even in Cincy. He looks to be in good condition and showed some mobility in preseason.


You have to play defense to win. Those stats with a good defense would translate to wins.

Ints and taking shots is okay if the defense can make a stop.

Also, GB was the top turnover forcing D. The defense had Oakland in hole that forced them to throw the ball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11733
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine


But he's an overpaid vet who made bonehead throws and has no swagger..... dummy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32438
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine


But he's an overpaid vet who made bonehead throws and has no swagger..... dummy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!



Its incredible how unfunny you are with satire, exaggeration and sarcasm. This coming from someone who values those most in comedy.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14709
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


Yea I was surprised to hear that stuff on ESPN. Didn't translate to many wins and it was an offense better suited for him. The way he played against a terrible Packers defense was disappointing though. We'll see how much working on his timing has payed off because it was one of his biggest problems even in Cincy. He looks to be in good condition and showed some mobility in preseason.


You have to play defense to win. Those stats with a good defense would translate to wins.

Ints and taking shots is okay if the defense can make a stop.

Also, GB was the top turnover forcing D. The defense had Oakland in hole that forced them to throw the ball.


it would also help if the offense didnt have 4-5 game stretch with no 2nd half tds.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9968
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


Yea I was surprised to hear that stuff on ESPN. Didn't translate to many wins and it was an offense better suited for him. The way he played against a terrible Packers defense was disappointing though. We'll see how much working on his timing has payed off because it was one of his biggest problems even in Cincy. He looks to be in good condition and showed some mobility in preseason.


You have to play defense to win. Those stats with a good defense would translate to wins.

Ints and taking shots is okay if the defense can make a stop.

Also, GB was the top turnover forcing D. The defense had Oakland in hole that forced them to throw the ball.


it would also help if the offense didnt have 4-5 game stretch with no 2nd half tds.


I'm gonna say Bush's poor conditioning (or heavy work load with no relief) and Hues extra conservative second half play calling has a lot to do with that as well.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14709
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine


But he's an overpaid vet who made bonehead throws and has no swagger..... dummy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!


1) to be fair bp didnt include the int #'s. going out on a limb im going to assume they were pretty bad. maybe even top 10 bad.
2) who uses swagger? lol if you are going to mock me at least use appropriate lingo. Cool
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22197
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine


But he's an overpaid vet who made bonehead throws and has no swagger..... dummy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!


1) to be fair bp didnt include the int #'s. going out on a limb im going to assume they were pretty bad. maybe even top 10 bad.
2) who uses swagger? lol if you are going to mock me at least use appropriate lingo. Cool


You get a guy who's off the couch midseason, not in football shape w/out the team star player and various injuries to his WRs you're going to throw INTs.

When you break them down he had 6 in the first 10 days of joining the team on 4 days practice. 16 total, so over 1/3 coming in minutes of joining a new team.

He had 4 against the Packers, the leader in takeaways. 10 of his 16 INTs came in 3 games.

That's not factoring in issues such as a WR slipping ala Ford against SD or WRs not being where they need to be. That's a time and repetition issue.

Now I'm not pretending that Palmer doesn't throw some bad balls or take shots he shouldn't. I'm saying again, I will take a QB that isn't afraid to take some shots as opposed to a check down machine who is scared to move the chains.

I will also take his leadership and work ethic in the locker room.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11733
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine


But he's an overpaid vet who made bonehead throws and has no swagger..... dummy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!



Its incredible how unfunny you are with satire, exaggeration and sarcasm. This coming from someone who values those most in comedy.


It's incredible how much you think I care.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11733
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
1) to be fair bp didnt include the int #'s. going out on a limb im going to assume they were pretty bad. maybe even top 10 bad.
2) who uses swagger? lol if you are going to mock me at least use appropriate lingo. Cool


1) This is where you are the "bonehead throw". You completely fail to put it into context. You simply say b/c he's a vet and he's paid a lot that he should be able to come off the couch, to a BRAND NEW TEAM, and just start tearing it up. Can that thing on your head even begin to comprehend just how terribly impossible that is?????? I'm being 1000000% dead serious here. Your expectations are beyond stupid for Carson b/c you are so damn bias against him, it's probably giving you a tumor. You just get these raging hard ons every time Carson throws and INT and just want to tell everyone about it when I'm sure you made tons of excuses for Russell..... I think I might have to go back and check just to call you out even more on your ridiculous back and forth and hypocrisies. I'm sure there's a billion examples considering you were stilld defending the worst draft pick in NFL history just a couple months ago even after it's all said any done.

Seriously, you are so bias, it's literally bad for your health. Not only that, I don't see how anyone can take anything you say seriously. That might be bad for their health.

2) I'm not stupid enough to say something like that in a literal sense. Maybe if I was 14 and cared about being hip. I will mock however I wish.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24224
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCough still hasn't admitted Russell was one of the worst QBs of all time, until he does that his opinion is discredited to me.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21253
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine


But he's an overpaid vet who made bonehead throws and has no swagger..... dummy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!


1) to be fair bp didnt include the int #'s. going out on a limb im going to assume they were pretty bad. maybe even top 10 bad.
2) who uses swagger? lol if you are going to mock me at least use appropriate lingo. Cool


You get a guy who's off the couch midseason, not in football shape w/out the team star player and various injuries to his WRs you're going to throw INTs.

When you break them down he had 6 in the first 10 days of joining the team on 4 days practice. 16 total, so over 1/3 coming in minutes of joining a new team.

He had 4 against the Packers, the leader in takeaways. 10 of his 16 INTs came in 3 games.

That's not factoring in issues such as a WR slipping ala Ford against SD or WRs not being where they need to be. That's a time and repetition issue.

Now I'm not pretending that Palmer doesn't throw some bad balls or take shots he shouldn't. I'm saying again, I will take a QB that isn't afraid to take some shots as opposed to a check down machine who is scared to move the chains.

I will also take his leadership and work ethic in the locker room.


I love how this works. The good stuff is amazing that he did it of the couch. The bad stuff is oh well he just came off the couch its ok. Cmon. Also he put us down in the Packers game. We was having a great opening drive, he threw a pick that 4 different Packers could have caught.

Now I agree I dont want Jason campbell safe but I dont want Brett Farve bad risk either. Like I pointed out earlier the highest total in the playoffs was 16 picks and that qb made the playoffs on the last Sunday and also had 29 TDs/ It is extremely hard to win games win you turn the ball over. Protecting the ball is one of if not the most important concept a coach tries to teach an offense. So saying I dont mind him throwing a few picks cause he makes plays to is misguided if you want wins. He would have to make a whole lot of darn plays if he throws picks not just a few.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14709
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
1) to be fair bp didnt include the int #'s. going out on a limb im going to assume they were pretty bad. maybe even top 10 bad.
2) who uses swagger? lol if you are going to mock me at least use appropriate lingo. Cool


1) This is where you are the "bonehead throw". You completely fail to put it into context. You simply say b/c he's a vet and he's paid a lot that he should be able to come off the couch, to a BRAND NEW TEAM, and just start tearing it up. Can that thing on your head even begin to comprehend just how terribly impossible that is?????? I'm being 1000000% dead serious here. Your expectations are beyond stupid for Carson b/c you are so damn bias against him, it's probably giving you a tumor. You just get these raging hard ons every time Carson throws and INT and just want to tell everyone about it when I'm sure you made tons of excuses for Russell..... I think I might have to go back and check just to call you out even more on your ridiculous back and forth and hypocrisies. I'm sure there's a billion examples considering you were stilld defending the worst draft pick in NFL history just a couple months ago even after it's all said any done.

Seriously, you are so bias, it's literally bad for your health. Not only that, I don't see how anyone can take anything you say seriously. That might be bad for their health.

2) I'm not stupid enough to say something like that in a literal sense. Maybe if I was 14 and cared about being hip. I will mock however I wish.


such is life. enemies when it comes to cp and allies when it come to dmac. but the same logic is used in both so go figure.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14709
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
NCough still hasn't admitted Russell was one of the worst QBs of all time, until he does that his opinion is discredited to me.
so because i dont agree with you my "opinion is discredited"... ok i see how that works. Laughing
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14709
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

whats this top 10 stuff?


Quote:
In his last eight starts last season, Carson Palmer was fifth in passing yards, seventh in completion percentage, ninth in completions, 10th in attempts, fourth in yards per attempt, tied for second in passing plays of more than 25 yards and tied for 12th in touchdown passes, and he had Denarius Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field at the same time in only five games.


Pretty damn impressive off the couch w/ no DMAC, but all anyone wants to talk about is the INTs.


got link?

the bold is really impressive

the rest is to be expected when you have a qb that throws as much as he does imo.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8200153/experts-break-facts-trends-give-their-best-tips-drafting-fantasy-teams-espn-magazine


But he's an overpaid vet who made bonehead throws and has no swagger..... dummy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!


1) to be fair bp didnt include the int #'s. going out on a limb im going to assume they were pretty bad. maybe even top 10 bad.
2) who uses swagger? lol if you are going to mock me at least use appropriate lingo. Cool


You get a guy who's off the couch midseason, not in football shape w/out the team star player and various injuries to his WRs you're going to throw INTs.

When you break them down he had 6 in the first 10 days of joining the team on 4 days practice. 16 total, so over 1/3 coming in minutes of joining a new team.

He had 4 against the Packers, the leader in takeaways. 10 of his 16 INTs came in 3 games.

That's not factoring in issues such as a WR slipping ala Ford against SD or WRs not being where they need to be. That's a time and repetition issue.

Now I'm not pretending that Palmer doesn't throw some bad balls or take shots he shouldn't. I'm saying again, I will take a QB that isn't afraid to take some shots as opposed to a check down machine who is scared to move the chains.

I will also take his leadership and work ethic in the locker room.


I love how this works. The good stuff is amazing that he did it of the couch. The bad stuff is oh well he just came off the couch its ok. Cmon. Also he put us down in the Packers game. We was having a great opening drive, he threw a pick that 4 different Packers could have caught.

Now I agree I dont want Jason campbell safe but I dont want Brett Farve bad risk either. Like I pointed out earlier the highest total in the playoffs was 16 picks and that qb made the playoffs on the last Sunday and also had 29 TDs/ It is extremely hard to win games win you turn the ball over. Protecting the ball is one of if not the most important concept a coach tries to teach an offense. So saying I dont mind him throwing a few picks cause he makes plays to is misguided if you want wins. He would have to make a whole lot of darn plays if he throws picks not just a few.


this.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group