Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The No Huddle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: The No Huddle Reply with quote

It sounds as if the Packers are going to use the no huddle as their base offense this season. I've read some articles about it and we've seen this through preseason. Not many teams really have the option of having this as their base offense. You need an experienced QB who understands the system like the back of his hand. Like Manning and Brady do.

The Colts were the only team I've seen recently that have used the no huddle as their base offense.

Why would we use this? Everybody says that it allows you to become the aggressor, the defense can't react to the fast paced nature. That's true, but I like the huddle. I like the preparation of the huddle. It can go both ways. The offense can be under prepared to run a certain play and get out of whack.

I know it's bland and traditional, but nothing beats lining up under center, having the coach do their job and calling a great play. That's mostly what we did last season and it worked. We occasionally went into no huddle if the offense stagnated, but other than that we didn't run it as a base offense.

I don't know, especially after seeing some meh results this preseason I don't know if I'm a no huddle fan.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your concerns 100% and I share some of them. But I feel that this gives the Packers a HUGE advantage based on the amount of talent their offense has. With this no-huddle base, the defenses we face are going to be so off-balance on most of these no-huddle plays, so I feel the home-run play will happen enough to justify the occasional mishap. That's just the way I feel based on our talent at QB/WR/TE. It will be almost impossible for opposing D's not to be looking at multiple mismatches that work to our advantage on a fair amount of plays in this new base. I like it as the base, because when the situation calls for it, we can still easily go back to the huddle and take our time to prepare for the big moment or the important go-ahead drive.

I just feel like this no-huddle base will make it easier for the Pack to blow the lid off of games completely in the first half during the right matchup. Won't happen every time obviously but it will happen a decent amount if this is the system we are going to run a lot of the time.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are giving other teams another thing to worry about with Rodgers and company? Sounds like a good idea to me. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
We are giving other teams another thing to worry about with Rodgers and company? Sounds like a good idea to me. Smile

I'd take execution over confusion.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
Pugger wrote:

It's all about creating and exploiting mismatches. The ability to shift in and out of the no huddle let's the Packers dictate matchups and attack them giving the defense less opportunity to adjust. That's why it's such a powerful tool in the bag.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
Pugger wrote:

No-huddle offenses can still execute very well. It's no-huddle, not hurry-up. Watch Oregon/Houston/Ok St, all very effective no-huddle offenses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The No-Huddle could be extremely effective against teams with multiple pass rushers. Without the ability substitute in guys, their people on the field will get tired. We aren't switching out OLineman so it levels that advantage that defenses have in getting fresh pass rushers onto the field. And if we somehow catch a team in a run defense when we have a 2WR/2TE/1RB personnel on the field all the better. Imagine going against a run D package with Jennings, Nelson, Finley, Williams, and Green? Awesome. That's easily 5 Wide with a couple motions. And then they can't sub unless they burn a time out.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
The No-Huddle could be extremely effective against teams with multiple pass rushers. Without the ability substitute in guys, their people on the field will get tired. We aren't switching out OLineman so it levels that advantage that defenses have in getting fresh pass rushers onto the field. And if we somehow catch a team in a run defense when we have a 2WR/2TE/1RB personnel on the field all the better. Imagine going against a run D package with Jennings, Nelson, Finley, Williams, and Green? Awesome. That's easily 5 Wide with a couple motions. And then they can't sub unless they burn a time out.

The no-huddle in GB has been a few seasons in the making. I'm honestly surprised it isn't already our base offense.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
svp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audible right now!

PackerPride

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheres this info coming from
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until the league starts penalizing for faking injuries thats how they will stop the no huddle. To use an example, last year when the Giants did the obvious fake injury thing, if the NFL would have suspended those players 8 games each, coaches would think twice about pulling that crap. Also if you go out with an injury you have to sit out the next 5 plays/entire drive instead of 1 play.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Until the league starts penalizing for faking injuries thats how they will stop the no huddle. To use an example, last year when the Giants did the obvious fake injury thing, if the NFL would have suspended those players 8 games each, coaches would think twice about pulling that crap. Also if you go out with an injury you have to sit out the next 5 plays/entire drive instead of 1 play.

I almost forgot about that. You have a point. It is such a circumstantial thing that it is almost impossible to enforce. All a player has to do is say that he got the wind knocked out of him. There are too many injuries that you can stop the play, but won't be able to be proven by a medical professional in any way possible.

I would have liked to have seen those giants players flown into the league office that next day and warned against any future flops. Not that it would necessarily do anything...

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I almost forgot about that. You have a point. It is such a circumstantial thing that it is almost impossible to enforce. All a player has to do is say that he got the wind knocked out of him. There are too many injuries that you can stop the play, but won't be able to be proven by a medical professional in any way possible.

I would have liked to have seen those giants players flown into the league office that next day and warned against any future flops. Not that it would necessarily do anything...

Easy fix, any injury has to sit out the rest of the series, rather than just 1 play. Teams would be alot more reluctant to sit a starter for a series vs a play.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skeet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

The no-huddle in GB has been a few seasons in the making. I'm honestly surprised it isn't already our base offense.

Wasn't this exact same thing said last season? I remember against NO Colinsworth was commenting on how we were running the no huddle.
TedThompson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go full, fast-break, Lakers Showtime style, no-huddle once the playoffs get here and we can surprise the enemy with the tactic.

Why do I want revenge, in January, on the Giants so bad?
I'm consumed by them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: