Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tarvaris Jackson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 7256
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three guys who are very attractive to me are:

1. Matt Hasselbeck- A vet who could take us places in the playoffs depending on the defense.

2. Matt Moore- Philbin's offense can't be too far from ours.

3. Colt McCoy- WCO QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10480
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
The three guys who are very attractive to me are:

1. Matt Hasselbeck- A vet who could take us places in the playoffs depending on the defense.

2. Matt Moore- Philbin's offense can't be too far from ours.

3. Colt McCoy- WCO QB.


1) I see no reason the Titans would want to move Hasselbeck. Even assuming Locker starts, that is the exact situation teams usually want a vet backup.

2) From everything it sounds like, it isn't Philbin's offense. It's Sherman's. I expect it is pretty different.

3) Even if the Browns do move McCoy, unless it's cheap, I don't really see it as a huge upgrade. McCoy hasn't exactly shown much in the way of consistency either. He has limited physical skills as well. Really this is the only option that I think is even worth a cheap investment.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14372
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Tyler Thigpen
Matt Moore
Brian Hoyer
Colt McCoy
Seneca Wallace
Matt Hasselbeck
Brady Quinn
Stephen McGee
Josh Johnson
Trent Edwards
Rex Grossman
Josh McCown


I'd be willing to bet Harrell has just as good a chance as any of those guys, bringing them in now with a very limited familiarity with the team and playbook.


Harrell has not faith in his arm, so he might as well not have any familiarity with the offense because he doesn't make the throws. Tori Gurley and DJ Williams could've had a field day on Thurs. but Harrell double clutched the deep ball and then misthrew a checkdown. Did you have this much faith in Brohm too?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17914
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I would hate for the team to give up. However, I don't know what would be more frustrating: Going 4-12 because the QB is inadequate or going 8-8 because the QB just isn't good enough. IMO that is what we're looking at without Rodgers, unless the defense shows something they haven't in over a year.
Hopefully this is much ado about nothing.


Win 4 games or 8 games...that's a toughie.
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9664
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I would hate for the team to give up. However, I don't know what would be more frustrating: Going 4-12 because the QB is inadequate or going 8-8 because the QB just isn't good enough. IMO that is what we're looking at without Rodgers, unless the defense shows something they haven't in over a year.
Hopefully this is much ado about nothing.


Win 4 games or 8 games...that's a toughie.


But no championship with this team is probably a failure. Not much of a difference to me.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31653
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I would hate for the team to give up. However, I don't know what would be more frustrating: Going 4-12 because the QB is inadequate or going 8-8 because the QB just isn't good enough. IMO that is what we're looking at without Rodgers, unless the defense shows something they haven't in over a year.
Hopefully this is much ado about nothing.


Win 4 games or 8 games...that's a toughie.


not really.

i choose 4 every time.

Then we can get a guy like B.J. Raji and win a super bowl the next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10480
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Tyler Thigpen
Matt Moore
Brian Hoyer
Colt McCoy
Seneca Wallace
Matt Hasselbeck
Brady Quinn
Stephen McGee
Josh Johnson
Trent Edwards
Rex Grossman
Josh McCown


I'd be willing to bet Harrell has just as good a chance as any of those guys, bringing them in now with a very limited familiarity with the team and playbook.


Harrell has not faith in his arm, so he might as well not have any familiarity with the offense because he doesn't make the throws. Tori Gurley and DJ Williams could've had a field day on Thurs. but Harrell double clutched the deep ball and then misthrew a checkdown. Did you have this much faith in Brohm too?


Brohm was lost and never got out of the scared/confused mode. Harrell looks to me alot like Flynn did early on. Yes he needs to gain some confidence in his arm, but he isn't exactly getting much help from the OL, running game or receivers either. I don't think his struggles are a pure sign that he just can't do it.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14372
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Tyler Thigpen
Matt Moore
Brian Hoyer
Colt McCoy
Seneca Wallace
Matt Hasselbeck
Brady Quinn
Stephen McGee
Josh Johnson
Trent Edwards
Rex Grossman
Josh McCown


I'd be willing to bet Harrell has just as good a chance as any of those guys, bringing them in now with a very limited familiarity with the team and playbook.


Harrell has not faith in his arm, so he might as well not have any familiarity with the offense because he doesn't make the throws. Tori Gurley and DJ Williams could've had a field day on Thurs. but Harrell double clutched the deep ball and then misthrew a checkdown. Did you have this much faith in Brohm too?


Brohm was lost and never got out of the scared/confused mode. Harrell looks to me alot like Flynn did early on. Yes he needs to gain some confidence in his arm, but he isn't exactly getting much help from the OL, running game or receivers either. I don't think his struggles are a pure sign that he just can't do it.


Flynn's issues were due to a lack of arm strength, never a lack of confidence. Harrell's issues are mental, so were Brohm's. Most times those are twice as tough to work out than physical flaws. Im glad theyre hiding Coleman, put him on the PS and grab whomever Seattle, Cleveland or other QB battle teams release. Harrell just isn't an NFL QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9664
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I would hate for the team to give up. However, I don't know what would be more frustrating: Going 4-12 because the QB is inadequate or going 8-8 because the QB just isn't good enough. IMO that is what we're looking at without Rodgers, unless the defense shows something they haven't in over a year.
Hopefully this is much ado about nothing.


Win 4 games or 8 games...that's a toughie.


not really.

i choose 4 every time.

Then we can get a guy like B.J. Raji and win a super bowl the next year.

Or AJ Hawk.

What I was really trying to get at was: is it more frustrating to have a bad team or an underachieving one?
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3304
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
So if Rodgers goes down for the season in week two your ok with giving up on the season for a better draft slot. Let me be the first to say THE HELL WITH THAT!!!!!!


Well, absolutely you try to win every game you can for the rest of the year, that's a given, that's how football (or really any non-Basketball sport) works. But if Rodgers is down for the season in week 2, that's not going to be a year Green Bay can win a championship, and would be hard pressed to even make the playoffs. I'm not really interested in paying much in terms of money and draft picks in order to improve the the long shot odds that Green Bay has in that situation.

I mean, the Packers, the Patriots, the Eagles, the Saints, the Steelers, etc. are all pretty much out of the hunt for the Lombardi if they lose their starting Quarterback for the playoffs. That doesn't mean you don't try, but from where I sit, it's darn close to a lost cause. I mean, the 18-1 Patriots just weren't going to do a lot better than 11-5 with Cassell at the helm instead of Brady, that team narrowly missed the playoffs but even had they made it, they didn't really scare anybody.

Personally, if Rodgers goes down for the season in week 2 my hopes for the season shift to "Beat the Vikings, Bears, and Lions" and then I get into draft mode. It's probably a defeatist attitude, but I'm not actually running a football organization.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13893
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only point is that if I can pick between 4 games won or 8, I choose the 8 every time. I also make any move I can within reason to get me to that 8 games if possible.

Now with that all said, this might be much to do about nothing. If Mac feels Harrell is his guy I'm not going to call him over the rug on it. Too much goes on behind closed doors when it comes to being a good QB and Mac has probably forgotten more about molding a young QB than I know.

I have faith that this brass will have what it feels is the best for this club's long and short term health there come week 1. It's not like I'm saying to give up a 1st round pick for McCoy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31653
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
My only point is that if I can pick between 4 games won or 8, I choose the 8 every time. I also make any move I can within reason to get me to that 8 games if possible.

Now with that all said, this might be much to do about nothing. If Mac feels Harrell is his guy I'm not going to call him over the rug on it. Too much goes on behind closed doors when it comes to being a good QB and Mac has probably forgotten more about molding a young QB than I know.

I have faith that this brass will have what it feels is the best for this club's long and short term health there come week 1. It's not like I'm saying to give up a 1st round pick for McCoy.


As a member of the organization your stance has to be that.

As a fan, my stance isn't at all like that. A 4 or 8 win season would be equally disappointing to me. I wouldn't get any postseason chance with either of them. So I'll take the excitement later in the draft process instead!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9664
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
My only point is that I'm saying to give up a 1st round pick for McCoy.

Shocked
WHAT!?!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Laughing
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3304
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
My only point is that I'm saying to give up a 1st round pick for McCoy.

:shock:
WHAT!?!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:


LeSean? Sure. Gerald? Perhaps. Colt? No.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TedThompson


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 802
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarvaris is too slow of a decision-maker out there. That's what his problem is.
His arm is strong enough. He's basically accurate enough just throwing a ball.

But processing everything immediately, making decisions immediately, it's always looked way too complex to him. Like for Rodgers, Brees, and Brady the defense, the game appears in slow-motion.

For T-Jack, it's always looked like it's a whirlwind flying past him.
_________________
"It's the same old Jay," Woodson told ESPN afterward. "We just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group