Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tarvaris Jackson
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Tarvaris Jackson Reply with quote

Jason LaCanfora wrote:
Seahawks will intensify talks on Tarvaris Jackson trade this week. Green Bay a possibility. Won't be seeking big compensation and some point to Jackson's salary as a obstacle to a trade, I hear he may work with team to facilitate a trade. Full story ahead @CBSSports.com

I'll try to find the permalink at CBSsports.com when it is made available. What would you think about a trade for T-Jack and a restructuring of his salary, especially with how Harrell has looked this preseason?

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is familiar with our offense. Or as familiar one can be without having ever played for us. He would be a good back up for us. I wouldn't mind it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Graham Harrell has to start a game for the Packers, we probably lose that game.

If TJack has to start a game for the Packers, we probably lose that game.

If Colt McCoy has to start a game for the Packers, we probably lose that game.

If Kevin Kolb has to start a game for the Packers, we probably lose that game.

For better or worse, the Packers are going to live or die on the back of Aaron Rodgers. This team is predicated on excellent quarterback play in order to win games, and no backup QB that you can get at this stage in the game is going to provide anything close to that level of play.

So I'm not sure why you spend anything on upgrading the position. If Rodgers goes down for the season like Cutler did last year, the season is over and you're probably better off with the better draft pick anyway. If the Packers are going to have another quality home-grown backup like Flynn, it will probably be in molding Coleman over the next few years.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:

If TJack has to start a game for the Packers, we probably lose that game.

If Colt McCoy has to start a game for the Packers, we probably lose that game.

If Kevin Kolb has to start a game for the Packers, we probably lose that game.

This is silly. All of these guys could lead the Packers to above a .500 record. To say that our offense is completely dependent upon A-Rod is definitely not true imo, just look at week 17. Matt Flynn is only slightly better than those three.

On a different note, McCoy for a 5th >>> T-Jack for a 7th

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon really?

Why?

Harrell hasn't looked THAT bad. Yes he isn't going to win games by himself, but we haven't seen him play with hardly anyone who will actually see the field other than Cobb. He at least looks comfortable with the offense and I don't think he'd singlehandedly lose a game. Jackson on the other hand isn't even in the discussion for the spot with Flynn and Russel Wilson. That says loads right there.

Just keep Tavaris Jackson out of Green Bay. There is no good reason to even consider him as an upgrade at backup QB.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Graham Harrell were on the Seahawks last year, do you think he would have put up 3000+ yards, a comp% over 60, a positive TD/INT ratio, and a passer rating approaching 80?

Well, that's what T-Jack did. Huge upgrade over Graham Harrell.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Harrell hasn't looked THAT bad.

Shocked . He has looked much worse than most QBs Ive seen this preseason. Borderline top 75 QB.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather take Russell Wilson from them. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd take anyone at this point. thing is, we're not keeping 3 qb's on the roster. of we lose rodgers, we'd have a snowballs chance in hell of winning any games anyways... so they may just stick with harrell.
Bucks
Badgers
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
If Graham Harrell were on the Seahawks last year, do you think he would have put up 3000+ yards, a comp% over 60, a positive TD/INT ratio, and a passer rating approaching 80?

Well, that's what T-Jack did. Huge upgrade over Graham Harrell.
Jackson as your long term QB, he just isn't that good. Jackson as your backup QB, well that's a spot I would love him in. Especially in this offense with these weapons.

Kempes on the custom sig!
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who I really want as our backup? The guy on Cleveland. Not "that" guy, but Seneca Wallace. He's been one one of the better backup quarterbacks in this league for a couple years now and will continue to be. He's the perfect guy you want to come in with few reps. He can move around and make the defense's job difficult. Also think he's a solid decision maker and a nice passer.

I would LOVE to be able to get him because that also means we don't have to worry about developing a new guy every couple years if they continue to pan out (and if they don't pan out then they probably aren't great backups to begin with). Wallace is a player who the league knows. They know what he is and what he isn't. He could be a great "what he is" for our team.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
You know who I really want as our backup? The guy on Cleveland. Not "that" guy, but Seneca Wallace. He's been one one of the better backup quarterbacks in this league for a couple years now and will continue to be. He's the perfect guy you want to come in with few reps. He can move around and make the defense's job difficult. Also think he's a solid decision maker and a nice passer.

I would LOVE to be able to get him because that also means we don't have to worry about developing a new guy every couple years if they continue to pan out (and if they don't pan out then they probably aren't great backups to begin with). Wallace is a player who the league knows. They know what he is and what he isn't. He could be a great "what he is" for our team.

Agreed, something to be said for those guys. Felt Green Bay might have had one in Flynn but his arm just came around enough that someone wanted to give him his shot. Harrell still might be that guy. I can tell ya first hand that a guy like Charlie Batch sure can help ya sleep at night for a host of reasons.

There is value in a good career backup QB.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
C'mon really?

Why?

Harrell hasn't looked THAT bad. Yes he isn't going to win games by himself, but we haven't seen him play with hardly anyone who will actually see the field other than Cobb. He at least looks comfortable with the offense and I don't think he'd singlehandedly lose a game. Jackson on the other hand isn't even in the discussion for the spot with Flynn and Russel Wilson. That says loads right there.

Just keep Tavaris Jackson out of Green Bay. There is no good reason to even consider him as an upgrade at backup QB.

Harrell hasn't looked that bad made me laugh. He is slow to set up, slower to read the defense, and is slow to release. Top that off with he is incredibly inaccurate 50% of the time and you have Graham Harrell. Trust me the Packers are looking and probably in a slight panic, because the Bears GM got fired for having a crap backup QB last year and there is no excuse for a SB contender having a below average backup QB.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'm there just yet with Harrell. Man needs to get it going though. Man's cheap and has enough arm talent for the fit if it ever slows down for him. Career backup type RS was just talking about if he ever gets it. Showed a little promise against SD even though the hands on the field were less than ideal as was the pass pro. No reason for a step back against Cleveland though. Smart kid, and looked lost at times!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Flynn played the whole first half last night, with his first stringers, and he had about 40 yards in passing.
Sure TO did drop a 50-yard TD right in his hands.

But Harrell has had more than one drop every game too, playing with scrubs.

Harrell will look find-good-great once he gets to play with our starting OL, WR, and TE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: