Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wayne....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleed-Green-87

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
The Nightmare is over. For now

Yea but we still have a glaring hole at RT. They will bring one in though at some point.

Thanks Delphi^
green24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
The Nightmare is over. For now

Thank god. I still don't think our starting RT is currently on the team.

#TeamManfred
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I just want to see what our oline look with Howard at RT. I bet our offense will flow a lot better. I think Sanchez confidence will grow a little knowing that Hunter is out.

I agree with everything you're saying (on previous posts, too). It's refreshing reading posts from a Jets fan who isn't getting caught in "the world is over" and "Tanny is terrible" banter.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch[STUD]ent wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I just want to see what our oline look with Howard at RT. I bet our offense will flow a lot better. I think Sanchez confidence will grow a little knowing that Hunter is out.

I agree with everything you're saying (on previous posts, too). It's refreshing reading posts from a Jets fan who isn't getting caught in "the world is over" and "Tanny is terrible" banter.

Naw, but I will admit, Tanny does make some moves that make me think "WTF?" but he has also made some great moves. If we fix our oline, and Sanchez take a few deep shots down field to Hill to keep the defense on their toes, I think we can have a great season.

Sanchez didn't take any deep shots last game, and didn't bother throwing to Hill. So a good defense like NYG adjusted and jumped on routes which lead to Sanchez int. Tebow spreads the ball like I want Mark to do, but tim can't throw at all.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Arch[STUD]ent wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Naw, but I will admit, Tanny does make some moves that make me think "WTF?" but he has also made some great moves. If we fix our oline, and Sanchez take a few deep shots down field to Hill to keep the defense on their toes, I think we can have a great season.

Sanchez didn't take any deep shots last game, and didn't bother throwing to Hill. So a good defense like NYG adjusted and jumped on routes which lead to Sanchez int. Tebow spreads the ball like I want Mark to do, but tim can't throw at all.

You also have to realize that they won't be as conservative on offense once they have Kerley and Holmes in there. The running game will set up a lot of playaction. I would like to see Tebow get some reps during games to, if anything, keep the defenses honest.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch[STUD]ent wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Arch[STUD]ent wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

You also have to realize that they won't be as conservative on offense once they have Kerley and Holmes in there. The running game will set up a lot of playaction. I would like to see Tebow get some reps during games to, if anything, keep the defenses honest.

Your right, but as long as he take some deep shots outside the hash marks every now and then I will be happy. That was one of my biggest issues last season, we never took shots down field. He need to start targeting Hill more in games.

Yeah, I only want to see Tebow on trick plays. Hopefully he can look good enough to boost his trade value for next season.

Quote:
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario will have a great first game for us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Oh absolutely. There's no hope. The Bills preseason hype always works out. The Jets are doomed.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off everyone needs to calm down. The front office realizes we have a glaring hole. But in order to fill that hole they need to wait till next friday when the rosters get cut down to 53. At that point we can start bringing in tackles. I fully guarantee that we bring in as many tackles until we find someone with experience and a hard work ethic. Trust me also, they can be found. There is practically 90 players on every nfl roster right now.

Anyways people need to realize that new offenses take time. Especially when you have a tremendous amount of young and new guys on the team. Everyones obviously learning at this point. Everyone needs to stop buying into the "media" and realize that. The media is just nitpicking as much as they can to make this seem to be a disaster. Well guess what, it isnt a disaster. As much as everyone wants to take a peak at 3 quarters of play, with a new offense, an injured holmes, and a terrible RT (the worst starting tackle in football) go ahead and start making assumptions. Start hitting the panic button guys, because thats exactly what the media wants. The media wants us chanting tebow when Mark cant get in a rhythm. They want this team to be an utter disaster and the laughing stock of the nfl.

So just relax everyone give it some time. We have been to two AFC championships in the past 3 years. We still have a top 5 defense that i think is supremely improved since last year. Give Howard a chance and trust me if it doesnt work out, then we will keep trying to find someone until it does. It doesnt need to be a pro bowl tackle, it just has to be someone that can play consistent and smart. You dont have to overpower guys, you just have to play "The Scheme". Sparano is a very smart guy went it comes to the offensive line. He will succeed.

Anyways last thought, i see us opening the year relying on our defense the first few games. Thats expected. As this offense will need experience to get better. The problem is, us as fans cannot get jumpy and fidgetty when the offense looks poor. Give Mark some time and by the end of the year everyone will know this offense to a T. I expect us to be playing very good football as the year goes on as long as the media and fans don't blow it.

my motto "Relax and allow time to do its job"
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really just bothers me how we let it get this far. I understand that there weren't enough options out there, but really? I think this is the first time where the fans & media were unanimously right and the organization was wrong.

It's easy to say the Jets should've cut Hunter, but in all honesty Wayne was good as our "6th" lineman and I think he's a much better fit as a G/swing tackle then a starting OT. $2.45 million is a little steep, but whether it was Austin or a rookie draft pick we needed some veteran insurance and we weren't going to find great value on the open market.

Here's what bothers me: the Jets priority move on offense was adding Tebow. Not an OL, not a RB, but Tebow. Despite all the struggles we witnessed last year, the Jets didn't consider ONE guy outside the organization to at least come in and compete.

Moving away from that, I can't pretend like Austin will come in and be an elite tackle, but I definitely think he'll be a better fit as a pass blocker and has a chance to be average. He's got long arms, has good lateral movement, and is athletic for his size. I definitely can see some growing pains, but I think he'll be able to match up against the NFL movement of speed rushers. He's going to have to lean heavily on Moore and (hopefully) a blocking TE, but I think he can be enough to help this line improve to mediocre-solid for the time being.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Oh absolutely. There's no hope. The Bills preseason hype always works out. The Jets are doomed.

I really hope our defense is ready for Ryan Fitz-As*-Kicked , or we are really screwed. lol

Quote:
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for Hunter, this media frenzy has cost him his job (at least for now). Not that I'm not happy the Jets will be bringing another OL into the mix, because besides Hunter being a question mark heading into the year, I've always been concerned about what would happen if Brick were ever injured. However, this was some outcry, considering the circumstances.

I think the example fans should keep in mind who are ready to fire everybody in the FO after two preseason games is the Giants of last year. Even the people who today shower them with praise were extremely critical of Jerry Reese when he lost Boss and Smith, and "sat on his hands" during FA last year, meanwhile the Eagles were buying guys at just about every position. It's possible that a little patience will might pay off for the Jets this season, too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

lol oh no, the big bad Bills are going to destroy us for the first time since 2009. What ever will the Jets do??

I still think the Jets should sign a camp cut to come in and compete with Howard, which they probably will.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Howard can keep the starting job, I think Wayne is going to be used as a Blocking TE in some formations. I doubt Rex has the guts to keep Wayne on the bench 100%. Could be a good thing for the running game and trick plays that he would only be there to help the tackles instead of being the tackle.

Quote:
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I really hope our defense is ready for Ryan Fitz-As*-Kicked , or we are really screwed. lol

I understand this is sarcasm and you guys are joking but please don't take my posts out of context. I was just stating that Mario Williams will be matched up with Howard and Mario will have a huge advantage. Anyone with half a brain would see how big of a mismatch this is. And it has nothing to do with Hype or Fitzpatrick. I guess I brought it up because most people think Mario will be a RE and will be matched up with D'Brickashaw but actually he will a LE matched up with Howard. That post was just a quicker, easier way of saying that Mario will be matched up with Howard and it is a big mismatch in favor of us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: