Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, bad and the Ugly - Pre Season week 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Player of the Game?
Rod Streater - 7 rec 43 yds
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Chimdi Chekwa - 1 tackle 1 INT
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Tommy Kelly - 3 tackles 1.5 sacks, safety
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
Lonyae Miler - 62 all purpose yards 1 TD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carl Ihenacho - 2 tckls 1 sack 1 FF
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Eddie Carmona - 53 yrd FG
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

opeth0500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Funny how everyone wants to get rid of Tommy Kelly but no one wants to mention anything about him when he is in beast mode. He was killing the Cardinal OG's out there tonight. But not one mention in anyone's assessments of "the good"??? Typical. But whatever. Rolling Eyes

Tommy Kelly really is playing beastly, I can't wait for regular season to see this defense play for 4 qts. I'm predicting double digit sacks for Kelly and double digit Missed sacks for Houston, he's got to bring the qb down and bring him down hard.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good

Tommy Kelly/Lamarr Houston - The DL as a whole did a great job of creating pressure, but these two stood out. Both guys continuously beat the man in front of them and kept Kolb from getting comfortable.

Defensive play calling - How long has it been since we could say that? The first team defense was playing aggressive, fast, and discipline. Loved some of the blitzes DA and Tarver have been dialing up.

Darren McFadden - Nothing new, when DMC is on the field hes one of the best backs in the league. We need him to stay healthy.

Rod Streater - Another solid performance from the undrafted rookie. He got open and caught the ball, cant ask for much more.

Matt Leinart - He didnt do anything overly impressive, but he looked a lot better last night then he did against Dallas. He still offers nothing down the field, but he took care of the ball and moved the offense a little bit.

Penalties - Or lack there of. Another good night without many penalties.

The Bad

Palmer - To be fair he was under a ton of pressure all night, but even when he wasnt he made some risky passes. He just has to be smarter and take whats there and stop forcing passes into traffic.

Offensive play calling - Im hoping that its mostly due to preseason and not wanting to give up too much, but then I see the defensive side of the ball and they arent playing that vanilla. I hate the draws and handoffs in third and long, its a preseason game, let the ball go.

Offensive line - Both units in both areas of blocking. We couldnt keep the QB clean, and we didnt block very well in the run game. Hopefully its just a change in scheme and its taking a little longer then hoped, but its cause for concern at this point (I also understand were missing Wiz which is huge).

The Ugly

Mike Goodson - He was awful. Made zero plays and also fumbled twice (could have been three). We need someone to step up in the backup RB battle and Goodson just dropped the ball. If you cant hold onto the ball you cant be on the field, its that simple.

DVD - This guy might just end up getting cut. He offers virtually nothing. He gave up catch after catch it seemed and he also missed a tackle that resulted in 6 for Arizona. All we heard in camp was how good he looked, well I havent seen any of that thus far. I honestly kind of expect him to be cut.

Special Teams - They just havent looked that good as a whole. We have only returned one kick past the 20 through two preseason games, we have had a punt and a kick blocked, its just not good. Granted Shane and Jano havent been in there for much of it so im not too worried just yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Funny how everyone wants to get rid of Tommy Kelly but no one wants to mention anything about him when he is in beast mode. He was killing the Cardinal OG's out there tonight. But not one mention in anyone's assessments of "the good"??? Typical. But whatever. Rolling Eyes

Won't hear it from my Kelly is among my fav Raiders. That safety he pressed 2 blockers into the QB. Just a best of a play. You can see he is feeling it in this defense. Love me some TK.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Won't hear it from my Kelly is among my fav Raiders. That safety he pressed 2 blockers into the QB. Just a best of a play. You can see he is feeling it in this defense. Love me some TK.

I think some people are still stuck in the past on Kelly. He was given a very large contract at the time and they've never gotten over it, even though he has been a borderline Pro Bowler.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I think some people are still stuck in the past on Kelly. He was given a very large contract at the time and they've never gotten over it, even though he has been a borderline Pro Bowler.

Quite possibly.
He really wasn't worth the contract at the time and has never been the anchor of even a remotely decent run defense. But in the past year and so far this preseason I can't say he isn't earning the contract. Turns out I guess the scheme really has been holding the defense back to a great degree. It's something we all wondered about and I think we're all seeing that what we suspected is entirely true. Our scheme sucked unbelievably.

If this is the Tommy Kelly we see this year, he's definitely a pro bowler. Better than Seymour right now by a wide margin.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

He was voted player of the game, what more do you want?

Another thing I don't see mention of is Wheeler's play. He looks like a great acquisition thus far. Haven't seen him make one mistake, but I see him near the ball a lot and getting good pressure.

Tollefson also did a great job last night and has gotten little to no love.

Houston has been a monster too. Although he still is always doing his thing where he does everything but get the sack.

Gotta say, I'm not comfortable with CB or Parsons as primary backup OC.

Bergstrom had a few nice plays. A few he was invisible on, but I don't think I saw any glaring screw ups. I'd like to see him get a drive or 2 in with the 1's next week at LG if Stefen Wisnewski is back.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

He was voted player of the game, what more do you want?

Another thing I don't see mention of is Wheeler's play. He looks like a great acquisition thus far. Haven't seen him make one mistake, but I see him near the ball a lot and getting good pressure.

Tollefson also did a great job last night and has gotten little to no love.

Houston has been a monster too. Although he still is always doing his thing where he does everything but get the sack.

Gotta say, I'm not comfortable with CB or Parsons as primary backup OC.

Bergstrom had a few nice plays. A few he was invisible on, but I don't think I saw any glaring screw ups. I'd like to see him get a drive or 2 in with the 1's next week at LG if Stefen Wisnewski is back.

Houston should have got at least a half sack last night. He was in on the play when him, Wheeler, and Branch combined for the sack.

Hes also made at least 2 or 3 TFL.

So far my pick for a breakout year on defense is looking good. I truly do think Houston takes the next step this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

what do you think "Interior pass rush" is? Or why he's an option for player of the game? I never wanted him cut.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-will cp throw another int (yes)
-can matt still lightweight shine (yes)
-will tp look better (no)
-can the defense keep up the good all around play (somewhat didnt like the td drive the #1's gave up)
-can ford get back on track (somewhat in terms of wr but he is injured again)
-can the first team score (yes but goalline offense with dmac should score)
-will king still shine (yes)
-can streater continue to shine and push for the #3 spot (hell yea)
-will any other rb except dmac and miller play (sorry i asked goodson is hella shook wouldnt be surprised if he gets cut)

good:
-matt (never thought id say this but he looks like the best qb we have right now)
-tko (there will be life after big rich leaves)
-defense after they gave up a td
-well timed killer blitzing
-streater (dude is balling)
-dmac (except in goaline situations)
-#53 (having a great preseason)
-miller (handling the heavy load)

bad:
-cp and his dam picks which was almost a pick 6 (sad thing is he has thrown picks to unknown guys what is he going to do vrs better comp)
ps: glad im not seeing a boatload of cp int excuses this week cause its getting old he doesnt know the system and is paced to throw 20 ints this year.
-defense giving up the first td
-st's (gave up the punt block and big returns)
-o-line (without wiz we are weak, parsons gets no push, gotta punch it in on the goaline)
-dhb (on that goaline miss he has to use his body better to box out defenders)

ugly:
-goodson (dude is a scrub or is still hella shook he had two fumbles within 10 carries of eachother)

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ugly:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000051668/article/kevin-kolb-dont-question-my-toughness-tommy-kelly?module=HP11_headline_stack

Kolb trying to be all tough. Laughing

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
The Ugly:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000051668/article/kevin-kolb-dont-question-my-toughness-tommy-kelly?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote:
"There's a fine line between holding in the pocket and trying to escape to make a play. Tommy Kelly is too clueless to know the difference. I don't mind people criticizing my play. Don't ever question my toughness."

Lol, say that to Kellys face...

Like S&B said, after last night, there's no more corn left on that Kolb...
Samcro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the Raiders were flagged only 4 times? Question

Can't be true right?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
The Ugly:

Since when does Kolb have room to talk about toughness? Hes never really struck me as the toughest guy in the world. Hasnt he been a walking injury his whole career? I know a lot of it has been concussions and im not suggesting that you arent tough if you dont play with a concussion, but he still doesnt seem that "tough" to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
The Ugly:

Since when does Kolb have room to talk about toughness? Hes never really struck me as the toughest guy in the world. Hasnt he been a walking injury his whole career? I know a lot of it has been concussions and im not suggesting that you arent tough if you dont play with a concussion, but he still doesnt seem that "tough" to me.

Kolb is a wuss.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmfao Kolb is mad Laughing

but for real, TK talks a lot of crap, won't say i don't like it tho Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: