Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Texans Pre-Season Game 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
When we signed Jacobs I was sure that he was going to get cut. I thought Anthony Dixon could play the same role as a Jacobs. I was wrong. Oops.

Here 9er fans I'm going to introduce you to some internet slang us Mma nerds use. It got its start on the Jim Rome show, but somehow made it to a popular Mma website. WAR(Insert person) It shows that you support them and basically they are awesome.

WARJACOBS

Started on Jim Rome? I don't think so, it's been part of boxing messageboards for YEARS Wink .

But yes, WAR JACOBS.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
When we signed Jacobs I was sure that he was going to get cut. I thought Anthony Dixon could play the same role as a Jacobs. I was wrong. Oops.

Here 9er fans I'm going to introduce you to some internet slang us Mma nerds use. It got its start on the Jim Rome show, but somehow made it to a popular Mma website. WAR(Insert person) It shows that you support them and basically they are awesome.

WARJACOBS

This post aside, I noticed for the first time that your Sig is missing the second g in gangster.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. The dude who made it left it out. I asked him to fix it and he never responded.

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

WARJACOBS

Started on Jim Rome? I don't think so, it's been part of boxing messageboards for YEARS Wink .

But yes, WAR JACOBS.

It's from the Rome show. I forgot the story exactly, but I know it had to do with WAR EAGLE, the Auburn battle cry I guess you could say. After a rant or something the emailers/callers started using it to describe things they like or support.
Ex- WAR bums using shrimp as bluetooth headsets (that's one I remember from the show)

When I became an MMA fan I was shocked to see WAR_____ had crossed over. After looking and seeing if it had the same origin it did. I found an old thread on Sherdog and it was said to have come from Jim Rome.

WAR the use of WAR! WAR my misspelled sig!
John232

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARGORE

Has a nice ring too it.

Also, lose the Sonnen sig. He's out of style Laughing

xsaMainevent on the sig
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may have jumped the shark, especially since he is now taking his act (while funny when used on silva) to JBJ, but I still love the American Gangster.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
c0insap, not sure if serious about Harbaugh obligated to start Smith. He is night and day superior to the rest of the QBs at this point.

^This

No doubt about it!
mrscottso

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
c0insap, not sure if serious about Harbaugh obligated to start Smith. He is night and day superior to the rest of the QBs at this point.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I hope you're right.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Finally got around to seeing the game.

I love our quarterback depth, I really do. I think Josh Johnson could be a really good starter for us. Strong, confident... livest arm on the team. Just a little off on his accuracy. I like Tolzien, but I don't think he has the arm to get the ball downfield consistently. Kaepernick was excellent, numbers aside. Everyone decided to start dropping the ball and there were dumb penalties. But he was twice as confident as he was last week. I really want him to utilize that athleticism.

It's just a shame Harbaugh feels so obligated to start Smith...

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I hope you're right.

He is. Cool
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if you set aside your bias for a bit and watch each quarterback play, Alex is far and above the other options right now. That's not to say the others won't someday become very good QB's, but the eye test points to Alex by a considerable margin.

There are some things I like about the other QB's. That run by Colin into the end zone was beautiful. That guy has some wheels. Tolzien immediately hit me with a leadership quality and presence on the field with good reads of the defense. Josh looks like he has a lot of potential, but needs more experience to truly get a good read on him. All that said, Alex is the better all around package. No one is saying he's going to have a better season than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning(both of them), etc... But, he is definitely better than the alternatives we have available right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Not the outcome I wanted to see(score-wise), but was impressed that our 2nd's did a decent job against most of their 1st's.

Jacobs and James really had me depressed. As a run-first offense that manages possessions well to keep our defense rested, we need that depth. Glad neither injuries are extremely serious, but you just never know what that does to someone's head, either. Kind of being a debbie-downer, I guess. Hoping it's just me hoping for the best but expecting the worse again.

Despite some preventable sacks, Alex looked pretty good. Really liking Tolzien. I don't know what it is about him, but he just looks good coming from my eye test. Colin....I'm on the fence. He made that amazing run the first game and the guy is an athlete, no doubt. I can't put my finger on it. Looking forward to seeing more from him. Johnson is decent, but nothing I'd write home about so far. I just don't see him making it. Still two games to go, though.

As far as the wide-open Moss for an easy touchdown.... I understand that Davis was a higher percentage throw, but would like to have seen a bomb to Moss. Not for the touchdown, per se, more for that respect factor, since none of our WR's last year put fear into anyone. If Moss can get doubled, that opens up our offense even more. Hopefully, we'll see this often during the regular season.

I'd rather Smith do the throw every team has seen him do(to VD) in the pre-season instead of showing what him and Moss are capable of before the games that matter.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Not the outcome I wanted to see(score-wise), but was impressed that our 2nd's did a decent job against most of their 1st's.

Jacobs and James really had me depressed. As a run-first offense that manages possessions well to keep our defense rested, we need that depth. Glad neither injuries are extremely serious, but you just never know what that does to someone's head, either. Kind of being a debbie-downer, I guess. Hoping it's just me hoping for the best but expecting the worse again.

Despite some preventable sacks, Alex looked pretty good. Really liking Tolzien. I don't know what it is about him, but he just looks good coming from my eye test. Colin....I'm on the fence. He made that amazing run the first game and the guy is an athlete, no doubt. I can't put my finger on it. Looking forward to seeing more from him. Johnson is decent, but nothing I'd write home about so far. I just don't see him making it. Still two games to go, though.

As far as the wide-open Moss for an easy touchdown.... I understand that Davis was a higher percentage throw, but would like to have seen a bomb to Moss. Not for the touchdown, per se, more for that respect factor, since none of our WR's last year put fear into anyone. If Moss can get doubled, that opens up our offense even more. Hopefully, we'll see this often during the regular season.

I'd rather Smith do the throw every team has seen him do(to VD) in the pre-season instead of showing what him and Moss are capable of before the games that matter.

I'd rather see Smith throw to the WR or TE that has beaten his guy and has a sure touchdown. Idc if it's preseason or regular season or practice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ataal wrote:

I'd rather see Smith throw to the WR or TE that has beaten his guy and has a sure touchdown. Idc if it's preseason or regular season or practice.

Yeah, I'm with cHaInBrEaKeRiii on this one. It's not like we'd be showing our cards too early. It wasn't a designed play. Moss just dominated that defender. I want Moss to gain as much respect as possible to open the offense up for the rest of our guys and spread the ball around.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Yeah, I'm with cHaInBrEaKeRiii on this one. It's not like we'd be showing our cards too early. It wasn't a designed play. Moss just dominated that defender. I want Moss to gain as much respect as possible to open the offense up for the rest of our guys and spread the ball around.

keeping Moss happy and engaged would be huge for us this year too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: