Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Texans Pre-Season Game 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Texans Pre-Season Game 2 Reply with quote

@

Saturday Night - 8 pm ET
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
San Francisco 49ers vs. Houston Texans: Five things to watch

http://www.examiner.com/article/san-francisco-49ers-vs-houston-texans-five-things-to-watch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully nobody gets hurt tomorrow!
I am interested in seeing our offense goes against one of the top defenses in the NFL, and I'm sure vise versa for you guys too. You guys are a totally different team than the one we faced last year during preseason.

Feel free to join us in our gameday thread.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I am interested in seeing our offense goes against one of the top defenses in the NFL, and I'm sure vise versa for you guys too. You guys are a totally different team than the one we faced last year during preseason.

Very Happy

im digging the sig =)
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These teams are my early pick for a Superbowl matchup. I like both defenses, 49ers have a great special teams and a question mark offense, and the Texans have an ok ST but strong offense. Preseason or not, I am excited to watch this one!
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

Very Happy

Here's to a fun game with NO injuries!

Donte Whitner ready for Houston, Bruce Miller confident

http://www.examiner.com/article/donte-whitner-ready-for-houston-bruce-miller-confident?cid=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Bruce Miller said things are easier for this season in learning because he's had a full offseason. He didn't like how last year's lockout was forcing him to learn everything quickly in a short time. This offseason has given him confidence and poise being able to take a better approach heading into the season. He has enjoyed how everyone is working hard and knowing their roles with the team. It has given him reason for optimism. Whitner can't wait to face the Texans' offense. He wants to see how the defense can match against a high powered offense that the Texans have. They'll present an interesting challenge. "We'll be able to test ourselves," said Whitner. "Hosuton has a good offense and we want to see what we can do."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we'll see a rematch in the super bowl???

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Maybe we'll see a rematch in the super bowl???

that my thinking.
i got us from the nfc
then texans or ravens from the afc Cool

on a side note. i really like the texans young and strong defense.
watt and reed are both going to be great imo

new sig... sorry alex
P-Willy52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanna see Bruce Miller play well again.

Also, I didn't realize that Alex led the league in sacks last year with 44

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/71690/camp-confidential-49ers-2

That's a pretty solid write up on our season to this point, a lot of it is stuff we have read for a while but I liked the observation part...

Quote:
OBSERVATION DECK

Tarell Brown has been the best cornerback in camp. Teammates say he puts in the prep time. It shows when the 49ers do situational work. The more specific the situation, the better Brown seems to fare. Brown is also probably the 49ers' best corner in press coverage, an asset in short-yardage situations, whereas the other starting corner, Pro Bowl choice Carlos Rogers, tends to prefer off coverage.

When the 49ers enter their locker room from the practice field, a sign meets them with a list of five points: work hard, stay loose, stay focused, be accountable and take care of one another. The sign greeting them as they leave the locker room reads, "You are getting better or getting worse. You never stay the same."

Versatile corner Perrish Cox is making a strong push to unseat Chris Culliver in the nickel role. No matter what happens, Cox figures to play this season. He's made an impact on special teams as well. Seeking continued improvements in the secondary was additionally important with Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees and Tom Brady on the schedule this season.

Every player I spoke with -- Alex Smith, Davis, Williams, Jacobs, Staley and others -- mentioned putting team goals before individual ones. Harbaugh and staff have ingrained that mindset in players. It's a storyline to watch now that the 49ers have additional offensive weapons, a strong personality in Moss and higher expectations overall.

There are more bullets in there but those are the ones I like to read the most.

Really excited again about tonight, I'm calling a 24-20 win, for this to happen we are gonna have to throw a little more in the first half...I'd like to see one deep ball to Moss, just let us see what we have Laughing

Go Niners...

1-0
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-Willy52 wrote:

That's a pretty solid write up on our season to this point, a lot of it is stuff we have read for a while but I liked the observation part...

Quote:
OBSERVATION DECK

Tarell Brown has been the best cornerback in camp. Teammates say he puts in the prep time. It shows when the 49ers do situational work. The more specific the situation, the better Brown seems to fare. Brown is also probably the 49ers' best corner in press coverage, an asset in short-yardage situations, whereas the other starting corner, Pro Bowl choice Carlos Rogers, tends to prefer off coverage.

When the 49ers enter their locker room from the practice field, a sign meets them with a list of five points: work hard, stay loose, stay focused, be accountable and take care of one another. The sign greeting them as they leave the locker room reads, "You are getting better or getting worse. You never stay the same."

Versatile corner Perrish Cox is making a strong push to unseat Chris Culliver in the nickel role. No matter what happens, Cox figures to play this season. He's made an impact on special teams as well. Seeking continued improvements in the secondary was additionally important with Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees and Tom Brady on the schedule this season.

Every player I spoke with -- Alex Smith, Davis, Williams, Jacobs, Staley and others -- mentioned putting team goals before individual ones. Harbaugh and staff have ingrained that mindset in players. It's a storyline to watch now that the 49ers have additional offensive weapons, a strong personality in Moss and higher expectations overall.

Really excited again about tonight, I'm calling a 24-20 win, for this to happen we are gonna have to throw a little more in the first half...I'd like to see one deep ball to Moss, just let us see what we have Laughing

Go Niners...

Yeah. That was a bad stat for us last year. Hopefully with another year to learn the system, and with a big improvement in our receiving corps, Alex will be able to find an open receiver a little quicker this year. On the other hand there were lots of times last year when he got hit as soon as he completed his drop and had zero time to find anyone. So I'm looking for improvement in the line too. Hopefully Boone will be an upgrade at G, and hopefully Davis will show another year's worth of improvement. Plus like everything else, another full year to learn the system will help them play better as a unit. There seemd to be a bunch of missed assignements last year. Still worried about Goodwin who often played like a turnstile last year.

Last edited by big9erfan on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn good post, PW52. I didn't know that about Brown... he's been quietly kicking arse out there, it seems. I was definitely selling him short at times last season. Glad it's a night game, cuz my head is swimming in booze right now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
There seemd to be a bunch of missed assignements last year. Still worried about Goodwin who often played like a turnstile last year.

Tell you what, big9er.... if last week's OL play was any indication of what is to come? Our coaches have well prepared these guys this time around. On nearly every extra pressure sent our way? The OL and backs went to block the proper man.... and THAT was a huge change from last season.

(except for an occasional Looney screw-up in the 2nd half... that boy needs lots of work on zone blocking assignments)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
P-Willy52 wrote:

Quote:
OBSERVATION DECK

Go Niners...

Yeah. That was a bad stat for us last year. Hopefully with another year to learn the system, and with a big improvement in our receiving corps, Alex will be able to find an open receiver a little quicker this year. On the other hand there were lots of times last year when he got hit as soon as he completed his drop and had zero time to find anyone. So I'm looking for improvement in the line too. Hopefully Boone will be an upgrade at G, and hopefully Davis will show another year's worth of improvement. Plus like everything else, another full year to learn the system will help them play better as a unit. There seemd to be a bunch of missed assignements last year. Still worried about Goodwin who often played like a turnstile last year.

Yea, after thinking about it for a while, I would say a fair amount of those sacks were due to the fact that Alex would rather take the sack, than throw an interception(thats opinion, id have to go rewatch all our games lol) Thus, prolly why Alex only threw 5 INTS.

And yea Oldie, I was deff hard on Brown last season, I can eat some crow there. Really didn't think he had much of a chance at a lot of playing time this year, and it looks like he not only held onto the 2 CB spot, hes solidified it and pushing to play like a 1. Good to see.

1-0
timmay9699

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea where this game can be watched? Called local bars and it appears to not be on Sunday Ticket. Not on any local station. I know NFL.com has the "preseason package" but I'd like to watch it on my HDTV.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
There seemd to be a bunch of missed assignements last year. Still worried about Goodwin who often played like a turnstile last year.

Tell you what, big9er.... if last week's OL play was any indication of what is to come? Our coaches have well prepared these guys this time around. On nearly every extra pressure sent our way? The OL and backs went to block the proper man.... and THAT was a huge change from last season.

(except for an occasional Looney screw-up in the 2nd half... that boy needs lots of work on zone blocking assignments)

Yeah. I read your play by play and it looked like you had a lot of good things to say about the line. Let's hope that's what they play like in the season against the other teams' number ones.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea where this game can be watched? Called local bars and it appears to not be on Sunday Ticket. Not on any local station. I know NFL.com has the "preseason package" but I'd like to watch it on my HDTV.

If anyone wants to pm timmay on this pm me too please.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: