Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs. Lions Preseason Game 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Considine is embarrassing himself out there.

Thats nothing new unfortunately

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course not. But with him being a guy that has worked with Harbaugh in the past there's a very good chance he makes the roster. I'm only half kidding.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upshaw looked good on that series, good pressure.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that's infuriating.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deonte Thompson or Asa Jackson for the KR/PR duties for me. Can't go wrong with either

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Deonte Thompson or Asa Jackson for the KR/PR duties for me. Can't go wrong with either

But we have so many star players that could risk injury back there...
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary Williams so far in the preseason has my vote for biggest disappointment. Getting burnt by everyone. Good thing it's preseason, but still.

I'm still in absolute shock (well actually not really) that Webb is returning punts for us.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Cary Williams so far in the preseason has my vote for biggest disappointment. Getting burnt by everyone. Good thing it's preseason, but still.

I'm still in absolute shock (well actually not really) that Webb is returning punts for us.

The best thing we could see in either of the next two playoff games is a Cary Williams interception. He actually does a really good job with positioning himself and staying with receiver, but his ball skills are terrible. As a result, opposing QBs have no fear fitting it in tight windows right at their targets with him in coverage.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The best thing we could see in either of the next two playoff games is a Cary Williams interception. He actually does a really good job with positioning himself and staying with receiver, but his ball skills are terrible. As a result, opposing QBs have no fear fitting it in tight windows right at their targets with him in coverage.

Yeah his coverage isn't TERRIBLE, but he just has no awareness and ball skills at all (despite what our coaches try to tell the media), and it's just embarrassing watching him try to cover people.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Can you and others on here at least wait and see if he gets hurt instead of complaining. If he gets hurt scream, cuss out Harbaugh, I'll be right there with you. Hell I'll demand that you let Harbaugh have it but for now can we try to let this go. The Ravens have issues to work out (Cary Williams coverage) but it's preseason. Aaron Rodgers is 8/19 (42%) for 75 yards with a 1TD and 1INT but he's still one of the top 2 QBs in the game.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is that there's no reason to have Webb or any important starter returning kicks when the team has other options that are just as good and in most cases better. Webb isn't that great of a return man and to put him in that position is asinine. Especially in a preseason game.

Waiting until the regular season to make observations about how a player is performing would make for a very boring forum. By that logic we should be ignoring the positive performances as well but I don't see you saying anything about those. I agree that we shouldn't put a ton of stock into what we're seeing but match-ups like Williams vs. whoever are things that you can seriously evaluate.
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
The point is that there's no reason to have Webb or any important starter returning kicks when the team has other options that are just as good and in most cases better. Webb isn't that great of a return man and to put him in that position is asinine. Especially in a preseason game.

Waiting until the regular season to make observations about how a player is performing would make for a very boring forum. By that logic we should be ignoring the positive performances as well but I don't see you saying anything about those. I agree that we shouldn't put a ton of stock into what we're seeing but match-ups like Williams vs. whoever are things that you can seriously evaluate.

You're right, sometimes I just tired of the complaining, I just let my frustrations out and sometimes I do regret saying certain things. I react just like everyone else on here so I'm no different.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker's done everything right. He even had a beautiful onside kick.

And Omar Brown is a ball magnet.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to say, even though Taylor is more exciting, I'd feel more comfortable with Painter as the backup.

He should have played more with the second string receivers so we could really evaluate them with a sound passer...
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Omar Brown want a roster spot or what?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: