Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 2- Rams vs Chiefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two non-starters that have impressed me so far is Austin Pettis and Trumaine Johnson.

Pettis has looked like he has adjusted to the speed of the pro game and has made some excellent catches.

Johnson has looked a bit better than I expected in coverage and every bit aggressive against the run as expected.

Ive been slightly disappointed with Isaiah Pead, but to be fair the blocking when he has been in isnt the greatest and usually goes againt an 8 man front which typcially will be hard to have any success running the ball.
MISTA314

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
MISTA314 wrote:
Oh yeah and did anyone else see Laurinaitis whiff on that goaline tackle of Peyton Hillis Laughing . I'm sorry but I call it like I see it. James didn't want no parts of big Hillis and that erks the hell out of me. Thats always been my problem with JL55. He is what is call the ultimate pursuit tackler. As long as he's chasing you and not the other way around, he's an excellent tackler. But when it comes to stuffing/filling holes and going heads up with a ball carrier, he is trash. We got a CB in Finnegan who smacked Hillis one on one for a tackle but a MLB in "JL55" who was scared to....smh! I know imma get alot of you Laurinaitis supporters who are gonna have your panties in a bunch but I had to call him out on that one.

That's BS. He overran the play. Nothing more and nothing less. Laurinaitis took on guys in the hole many times last year.

The only one here with their panties in a bunch is you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing WOW! A little sensitive about your JL aren't we?! I knew i would get you to bite on the bait! Well since you've given JL the key to the city let me remind you of a few plays. Remember last year against the patriots when he got his a$$ drug about 10-15 yards into the endzone by Gronkowski. Or how Beanie Wells and Marshawn Lynch have had his number for years. Yeah I know I'm knit picking but it should be common knowledge now that when it comes to the more powerful/aggressive runners of the league, JL tends to shy away from head on contact.

Don't get me wrong JL is an effective MLB in his on way but when i think of a true MLB I think of guys like Patrick Willis, Brian Urlacher, Jon Beason and of course Ray Ray. True enforcers who will run into a brick wall if it means a turnover on downs. JL just doesn't have that in him. And lets be honest, JL is a little overrated. If it wasn't for the fact that the rest of our LBs have been so horrible along with our interior d-line (until this year) he wouldn't put up half the stats he's been posting.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MISTA314 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
MISTA314 wrote:
Oh yeah and did anyone else see Laurinaitis whiff on that goaline tackle of Peyton Hillis Laughing . I'm sorry but I call it like I see it. James didn't want no parts of big Hillis and that erks the hell out of me. Thats always been my problem with JL55. He is what is call the ultimate pursuit tackler. As long as he's chasing you and not the other way around, he's an excellent tackler. But when it comes to stuffing/filling holes and going heads up with a ball carrier, he is trash. We got a CB in Finnegan who smacked Hillis one on one for a tackle but a MLB in "JL55" who was scared to....smh! I know imma get alot of you Laurinaitis supporters who are gonna have your panties in a bunch but I had to call him out on that one.

That's BS. He overran the play. Nothing more and nothing less. Laurinaitis took on guys in the hole many times last year.

The only one here with their panties in a bunch is you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing WOW! A little sensitive about your JL aren't we?! I knew i would get you to bite on the bait! Well since you've given JL the key to the city let me remind you of a few plays. Remember last year against the patriots when he got his a$$ drug about 10-15 yards into the endzone by Gronkowski. Or how Beanie Wells and Marshawn Lynch have had his number for years. Yeah I know I'm knit picking but it should be common knowledge now that when it comes to the more powerful/aggressive runners of the league, JL tends to shy away from head on contact.

Don't get me wrong JL is an effective MLB in his on way but when i think of a true MLB I think of guys like Patrick Willis, Brian Urlacher, Jon Beason and of course Ray Ray. True enforcers who will run into a brick wall if it means a turnover on downs. JL just doesn't have that in him. And lets be honest, JL is a little overrated. If it wasn't for the fact that the rest of our LBs have been so horrible along with our interior d-line (until this year) he wouldn't put up half the stats he's been posting.

The only sensitive one here is you. I've given JL the keys to the city? Because I didn't call him trash? Come on. Laughing

JL tends to shy away from head on contact. Cannot be further from the truth. Marshawn and Beanie have had his number? Also false.

You want to bring up the Gronk play in the preseason...which had nothing to do with him taking a guy on head on...well how about the 4th down play against the Bengals when he and Poppinga took on Benson and stonewalled him to keep them from getting the 1st? Don't remember that? Didn't think you would.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbDqVCRkeFs

I have always just loved this JL video.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Im surprised Jenkins didn't pop hillis on the goalline, made 2 very impressive hits! Especially one on the screen pass to MCcluster I believe...? Ami right?

Speaking of impressive hits, how about some of those hits janoris Jenkins made!? I like him more and more each week and I was already a big fan since the day we drafted him

Don't know why I thought it said laurinaitis Embarassed

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Thanks for breaking down the game fellas. I just moved to Little Rock this week and can no longer watch the pre-season games. I'm working on NFL sunday ticket though...
Wait, so you're saying that Waldo has been hiding out in Little Rock this whole time?

Quite the opposite, if you live in the STL area you should keep an eye out for Where's Waldo parties. Trust me, they exist. Usually in a dive bar on Fridays. Waldo, I firmly believe, resides in Saint louis.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Im surprised Jenkins didn't pop hillis on the goalline, made 2 very impressive hits! Especially one on the screen pass to MCcluster I believe...? Ami right?

Speaking of impressive hits, how about some of those hits janoris Jenkins made!? I like him more and more each week and I was already a big fan since the day we drafted him

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JL is a great LB. He shouldve went to the pro bowl over fletcher who is falling off.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
JL is a great LB. He shouldve went to the pro bowl over fletcher who is falling off.

Love both of them but I was happy to see Fletcher FINALLY go to a pro bowl

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Don't know why you posted the same thing twice Laughing

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Don't know why you posted the same thing twice Laughing

EHM... in other news... Embarassed Fisher says the rams will play starters until the second quarter this week and until halftime in the 4th game!

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
yrba1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
EHM... in other news... Embarassed Fisher says the rams will play starters until the second quarter this week and until halftime in the 4th game!

Honeyfisher don't care when to play starters, honeyfisher don't give a fuq.

CalifornianRam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that pic is an instant classic lol
D9-EM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalifornianRam wrote:
that pic is an instant classic lol

I'm gonna hook you up CaliRam.. copy & paste the stuff below into your profile/sig. Delete the space between the I and the M.

[i mg]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/jotto89/SamBradfordsig2.jpg[/i mg]

Go Rams!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: