Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 2- Rams vs Chiefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MISTA314


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 628
Location: Physically KC but my hearts always in the LOU!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWAGGER

That was the biggest difference from last week to this week. We are now starting to take on the personality of a Jeff Fischer team. The energy, toughness, competitiveness, and all so important SWAGGER was all there yesterday. That IMO was the major edge we had over the Chiefs.

More specifically there were some players that really impressed me and other that just reaffirmed my faith in them.

Players that impressed

DARYL RICHARDSON
This kid thoroughly impressed me. As was stated early, if Pead is not careful Richardson may very well steal that #2 RB spot right from under him. I LOVE the way he totes the rock. Very decisive, quick, great vision and powerful runner. He has such a great burst out the backfield but he's also patient enough to find the hole. Thats a perfect combination. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this #2 rb battle plays out!

MIKE MCCNEILL
He didn't get a chance to go up against the Cheifs #1s but when he did get in he made the best of it. It seems like he just know how to find the soft spot in the defense and just sit in it. That drive we had, I believe in the 3rd quarter, was his coming out party. He had the long reception where he had the awareness to realize he hadn't been touched and ran for another 10 or so yards. Then had another nice reception and made a guy miss. Seems to be a decent blocker also. I think he might be a sleeper to grab the #2 TE spot.

MICHAEL BROCKERS
This guy is the definition of a run stuffer! Did you see the play where he basically used the offensive lineman as a battering ram (no pun intended Laughing )and stopped Peyton Hillis cold in his tracks for a loss. THATS POWER! If he's doing this much damage now can you imagine how good he's gonna be come midseason Shocked

Players that reaffirmed

JANORIS JENKINS
What can i say? This has been my guys well before he was in a Rams uni and he just keeps reaffirming why. Jenkins is one of those rare prospects that really needs not time to transition from a collegiate athlete to a pro. It comes so naturally for him that its scary. I'm booking it right now, Janoris Jenkins will be a rookie all pro and more than likely the defensive rookie of the year.

DANNY AMENDOLA
Well we've all heard the saying, "That's just Manny being Manny" well you got it. "That's just Danny being Danny!" Nothing should come as a surprise when it comes the Danny. He is just the $hit. I was happy to see he get some deep balls. That catch he made with the PI was ridiculious! I'm sorry but pretty son they will be calling that guy in New England the poor man's Amendola Wink.

Overall I think we took great strides from last week to this week. I do still feel that the safety position and LB positions will haunt us during the regular season but hopefully our other areas will balance those weaknesses.

Oh yeah and did anyone else see Laurinaitis whiff on that goaline tackle of Peyton Hillis Laughing . I'm sorry but I call it like I see it. James didn't want no parts of big Hillis and that erks the hell out of me. Thats always been my problem with JL55. He is what is call the ultimate pursuit tackler. As long as he's chasing you and not the other way around, he's an excellent tackler. But when it comes to stuffing/filling holes and going heads up with a ball carrier, he is trash. We got a CB in Finnegan who smacked Hillis one on one for a tackle but a MLB in "JL55" who was scared to....smh! I know imma get alot of you Laurinaitis supporters who are gonna have your panties in a bunch but I had to call him out on that one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
Sounds bad buy from what I've seen so far I like Richardson ALOT more than Pead


Dont forget that Pead played with the 2nd team O-line vs the first team chiefs defense. Other than that -9 yards run he had, i couldnt find much to complain about with pead.

Also, durong the first half i was very pleased. the rams took the first team offense and defense (except for dahl) out after the 1st quarter meanwhile the chiefs kept theirs in untill after half, and yet i was pleased with the second teams
_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9668
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
sam looked good... but still sailed the only deep streak outta bounds.....again


The DB had good coverage on Smith. He was running stride for stride and he played inside and used the boundary as his safety net...

Sam threw the ball to the outside, the only place Smith possibly could make the catch. He overthrew him though...

Wasn't a great throw, wasn't a terrible throw. I'm glad he took the shot though and nice to see an overthrow, instead of an underthrow...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
Sounds bad buy from what I've seen so far I like Richardson ALOT more than Pead


Dont forget that Pead played with the 2nd team O-line vs the first team chiefs defense. Other than that -9 yards run he had, i couldnt find much to complain about with pead.

Also, durong the first half i was very pleased. the rams took the first team offense and defense (except for dahl) out after the 1st quarter meanwhile the chiefs kept theirs in untill after half, and yet i was pleased with the second teams


Dahl had a better game yesterday, was making his presence known but i'd rather see Stewart come in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
81_80_39_28_10 wrote:
Sounds bad buy from what I've seen so far I like Richardson ALOT more than Pead


Dont forget that Pead played with the 2nd team O-line vs the first team chiefs defense. Other than that -9 yards run he had, i couldnt find much to complain about with pead.

Also, durong the first half i was very pleased. the rams took the first team offense and defense (except for dahl) out after the 1st quarter meanwhile the chiefs kept theirs in untill after half, and yet i was pleased with the second teams


Dahl had a better game yesterday, was making his presence known but i'd rather see Stewart come in.


I agree, i thought Dahl had a very poor game last week but hopefully he continues to make progress and plays bette each week. But like you said, id rather have stewart back there
_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3812
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for breaking down the game fellas. I just moved to Little Rock this week and can no longer watch the pre-season games. I'm working on NFL sunday ticket though....

Sounds like the first team offense showed us some life, which is great. I did want to comment on the poster who called out JL-55:

We Rams fns love Laurinitis because he is one of the better defensive players we have had on this team in recent years. He is not top 5 and maybe not top ten at his position in the NFL. Start naming out middle linebackers and the you'll likely agree. He still has time to up his game though.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7701
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Thanks for breaking down the game fellas. I just moved to Little Rock this week and can no longer watch the pre-season games. I'm working on NFL sunday ticket though...
Wait, so you're saying that Waldo has been hiding out in Little Rock this whole time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhicks11


Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 718
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the above poster...I really appreciate it when you guys do write ups of the games. I live in Utah and never get to see Rams games. This will be my first year with NFL Sunday Ticket. I am ecstatic!
_________________
GO RAMS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46620
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MISTA314 wrote:
Oh yeah and did anyone else see Laurinaitis whiff on that goaline tackle of Peyton Hillis Laughing . I'm sorry but I call it like I see it. James didn't want no parts of big Hillis and that erks the hell out of me. Thats always been my problem with JL55. He is what is call the ultimate pursuit tackler. As long as he's chasing you and not the other way around, he's an excellent tackler. But when it comes to stuffing/filling holes and going heads up with a ball carrier, he is trash. We got a CB in Finnegan who smacked Hillis one on one for a tackle but a MLB in "JL55" who was scared to....smh! I know imma get alot of you Laurinaitis supporters who are gonna have your panties in a bunch but I had to call him out on that one.


That's BS. He overran the play. Nothing more and nothing less. Laurinaitis took on guys in the hole many times last year.

The only one here with their panties in a bunch is you.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 42766
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. JL is a beast and he isn't afraid of anyone.
Dude poped Tolbert and Hightower by himself
On goal line stands. JL is arguably a top 5MLB.
Guess people miss Robert Thomas.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3182
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im surprised Jenkins didn't pop hillis on the goalline, made 2 very impressive hits! Especially one on the screen pass to MCcluster I believe...? Ami right?
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Guess people miss Robert Thomas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGPt1IZjpP4
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Im surprised Jenkins didn't pop hillis on the goalline, made 2 very impressive hits! Especially one on the screen pass to MCcluster I believe...? Ami right?


Speaking of impressive hits, how about some of those hits janoris Jenkins made!? I like him more and more each week and I was already a big fan since the day we drafted him
_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jjab360


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 4057
Location: On Top
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Im surprised Jenkins didn't pop hillis on the goalline, made 2 very impressive hits! Especially one on the screen pass to MCcluster I believe...? Ami right?


Speaking of impressive hits, how about some of those hits janoris Jenkins made!? I like him more and more each week and I was already a big fan since the day we drafted him

Confused Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 42766
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Rams QB Sam Bradford through 2 preseason games: 13-of-18 (72.2%) for 159 yards (8.83 YPA), 2 TDs, 0 INTs. Has yet to take a sack.

http://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/236994609627136001

He did most of his damage vs the Chiefs starting 11.. Again Pre-season means nothing. But he looks so much sharper and a more quite approach like the last 2 years. This year is a let's get this done mentality.
Love it! I just hope our WR's can get this type seperation in the Reg season. But Amendola-Salas-Steve Smith should be slot killers.. While Quick-Givens should be flying the seem. I'm also praying that Kendricks will show up.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group