Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots officially sign RB Jeff Demps to a 3-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9225
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's Bolden. No way Bill cuts the only veteran RB on the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3363
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he have feature back potential or will is he going to be a RBBC/TDRB type.
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't need to worry about him coming into camp in good condition. I'd say Olympic training will do that for you! Laughing Will still need to get back in "football shape" to some degree, but all in all, this is flipping awesome. Kid is a flat out play maker. Kick returns/few screens/couple touchdowns out of the back field and he's the type of player that will still make an impact with those limited touches.

CP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a vision of Demps being the ball carrier hitting some of the holes our O-Line gave Benny over the last two years. Laughing Laughing

Benny - 9 Yard run
Jemps - 90 Yard Touchdown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12523
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
Does he have feature back potential or will is he going to be a RBBC/TDRB type.

Very unlikely he'll be a feature back. he'll be a scat back and 3rd down. I dont think he could handle a ton of carries. He should be a good 3rd down back and returner.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot: Tim Wright
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48450
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Don't need to worry about him coming into camp in good condition. I'd say Olympic training will do that for you! Laughing Will still need to get back in "football shape" to some degree, but all in all, this is flipping awesome. Kid is a flat out play maker. Kick returns/few screens/couple touchdowns out of the back field and he's the type of player that will still make an impact with those limited touches.

CP
I don't think being in Olympics shape is the same as being in football shape. He wasn't asked to take any hits running track.
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Nihc wrote:
Does he have feature back potential or will is he going to be a RBBC/TDRB type.

Very unlikely he'll be a feature back. he'll be a scat back and 3rd down. I dont think he could handle a ton of carries. He should be a good 3rd down back and returner.


Yeah exactly. Definitely not a feature back, not generally going to be a between the tackles back. Perimeter playmaker for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Don't need to worry about him coming into camp in good condition. I'd say Olympic training will do that for you! Laughing Will still need to get back in "football shape" to some degree, but all in all, this is flipping awesome. Kid is a flat out play maker. Kick returns/few screens/couple touchdowns out of the back field and he's the type of player that will still make an impact with those limited touches.

CP
I don't think being in Olympics shape is the same as being in football shape. He wasn't asked to take any hits running track.


...

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Will still need to get back in "football shape" to some degree, but all in all, this is flipping awesome.


Come'onnnnn mannnn, Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48450
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds better when an American says it Razz
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
It sounds better when an American says it Razz


hahaha I do my best. I guess mine could be,

Come'onnnnn eh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 22625
Location: The District
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeeeeeeeeed

So excited about this. Olympic friggin speed at kick returner. Awesome signing.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Honalulufan20


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 2687
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His track agent said the report was untrue, thought I'd post the link here to update.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/17/jeff-demps-agent-denies-deal-done-nearly-everyone-else-says-it-is/
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15840
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honalulufan20 wrote:
His track agent said the report was untrue, thought I'd post the link here to update.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/17/jeff-demps-agent-denies-deal-done-nearly-everyone-else-says-it-is/


The tweet by his agent says that he has not signed. Nobody is disputing that. He will by the end of the day, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40666
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honalulufan20 wrote:
His track agent said the report was untrue, thought I'd post the link here to update.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/17/jeff-demps-agent-denies-deal-done-nearly-everyone-else-says-it-is/


Like i said in the news thread, The other agent [track agent] didn't say we didn't came to terms with him, he just said the he didn't sign... which is true, he didn't sign the contract yet but he did reach an agreement with the Patriots which is the same thing using other words.

He is reportedly flying to Orlando to sign the contract right now.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8621
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, there's little chance Demps, Vereen and Woodhead play all make the roster - what gives?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group