Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Cowboys Keeper League - Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Guys, I've got good news and great news. The good news is my team has the highest projected total this week. The great news is that after 3 players, I'm plus 11 on the point projection.

Damn, this is the second week in a row where thursday night football screwed me. In another league, I forgot to change out Cutler last week. This week I didnt sub out nicks...

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Guys, I've got good news and great news. The good news is my team has the highest projected total this week. The great news is that after 3 players, I'm plus 11 on the point projection.

Damn, this is the second week in a row where thursday night football screwed me. In another league, I forgot to change out Cutler last week. This week I didnt sub out nicks...

I did the same thing. In the Silver League, I didn't sub out Stewart or Nicks. Sucks.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think its poetic justice that Matt's is the first person to really get screwed by having these ridiculously short benches? He had to play 2 WRs who were out. Ouch.

Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get my feet under me in this league. I'm down by 16 with just Romo left to play, and TO has Dez+Lee left to play. Doing better in DCRA, but looks like I might lose there too. At least I'm winning my money leagues. Laughing
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Anyone else think its poetic justice that Matt's is the first person to really get screwed by having these ridiculously short benches? He had to play 2 WRs who were out. Ouch.

Its my own fault, really. I have not been paying enough attention to my rosters during the week. Ive been screwing myself in all 3 leagues due to poor game day management.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Its my own fault, really. I have not been paying enough attention to my rosters during the week. Ive been screwing myself in all 3 leagues due to poor game day management.

You really had no choice at all. You would have had to drop Nicks and Britt or 2 good players from your bench. I told everybody early on that 4 bench players for teams this size is crazy. I'm just glad it hasn't happened to me yet.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

You really had no choice at all. You would have had to drop Nicks and Britt or 2 good players from your bench. I told everybody early on that 4 bench players for teams this size is crazy. I'm just glad it hasn't happened to me yet.

Think of it like a challenge. It makes things exciting.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
I just can't get my feet under me in this league. I'm down by 16 with just Romo left to play, and TO has Dez+Lee left to play. Doing better in DCRA, but looks like I might lose there too. At least I'm winning my money leagues. Laughing

That one is going to be close. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this for Keeper League discussion.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we ever agree on whether to make this a vulture league?

I'm not in favour of having this as a vulture league as originally described by TO, as I don't think teams should be penalized for their drafting (and other teams benefit despite their poor drafting). Instead, I would propose an amendment to the vulture league rules.

As vultures are carrion feeders, managers can only take players NOT protected as keepers. So, managers will first choose their keepers. These players are off limits in the vulture scenario. Any unprotected player can be taken.

If a manager decides to take a player from another team, then he must give up all his keepers to take that one player from another team (this is already in TO's original description).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Did we ever agree on whether to make this a vulture league?

I'm not in favour of having this as a vulture league as originally described by TO, as I don't think teams should be penalized for their drafting (and other teams benefit despite their poor drafting). Instead, I would propose an amendment to the vulture league rules.

As vultures are carrion feeders, managers can only take players NOT protected as keepers. So, managers will first choose their keepers. These players are off limits in the vulture scenario. Any unprotected player can be taken.

If a manager decides to take a player from another team, then he must give up all his keepers to take that one player from another team (this is already in TO's original description).

It was supposed to be a Vulture League with anyone being available. That was why I went ahead and traded Aaron Rodgers to MH, because I could vulture him back.

TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think we had agreed that this would be a vulture league. Plus, if you take a player from another team, what draft pick would you be forfeiting? I don't think it should be the original round that the player was taken - that's not punitive enough.

To this end, I think we need to make the vulture rules stricter and clearer. Specifically, if you want to take a player from another team, not only would you lose the ability to keep any of your own players but you would also forfeit your 1st-round pick in the draft. So if someone wants to take Andrew Luck from my team, then Luck would his only keeper and he also wouldn't have a first-round pick in the 2013 draft.

As such, this makes the decision on whether to take a player from another team more difficult. You better make sure that the player you are taking is worth a first-round pick. In your case, Rodgers is definitely worth a first-round pick.

That being said, I'm not in favour of the vulture league since it undermines the whole idea of a keeper league, especially when teams can only keep 1 or 2 players. I'm in favour of KISS - keep it simple, stupid. If this was a dynasty league where we were keeping whole rosters but could only protect 3 players per year (and thus all remaining players were available), then that's a different story.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish people would have spoken up when all this was being discussed at the start of the year.

I think it's crazy to have someone forfeit your first if you vulture from someone. And this year, TSSS. No one can Vulture Luck from you since you are one of the bottom teams.

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you shouldn't be able to keep one of your own and still vulture someone. For example, if I vulture Aaron Rodgers from MH, he should be my only keeper and I should give up my 1st rounder.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Vulture works is that you have the option of keeping one of your own or vulturing from your opposite team.

The Last Place Team gets to either keep players from their team OR from the first place team. Then the first place team gets afforded the same ability. And so on with the rest of the teams.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 37 of 77

Jump to: