Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Smith, Claiborne, Gruden - 11/2 articles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Smith, Claiborne, Gruden - 11/2 articles Reply with quote

Quote:
IRVING — A lawyer representing Cowboys offensive tackle Tyron Smith says that the budding NFL star’s family has not only continually demanded money from his client but also has taken a substantial amount from the 21-year-old.

Dallas-based attorney John Schorsch said he will have a forensic accountant review Smith’s finances in an effort to find where more than $1 million has gone and likely will pursue legal action.

Over the summer, Smith filed a family safety protective order against his stepfather, Roy Pinkney, and his mother to keep them from having any contact with him or Costa. The protective order also prohibits contact from Smith’s parents through his siblings. Smith’s parents own a cleaning business in Riverside, Calif., near their home in Moreno Valley.

“In order to get a restraining order of that nature you have got to provide certain evidence of threatening violence, and obviously those were met,” Schorsch said. “The mom and/or the stepdad, the collective group of family, have threatened the physical well being of Tyron and the life of his girlfriend.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/lawyer-cowboys-smith-missing-1-million-mom-denies-anything-taken-without-ok.html/?utm_campaign=cowboysreport&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Overall, as a whole game, I feel like that was the best I’ve played this year,” Claiborne said Wednesday.

The fumble was Claiborne’s second time recovering a turnover in as many weeks. The sixth-overall pick in March’s NFL Draft intercepted a pass from Carolina’s Cam Newton in the end zone on Oct. 21.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/morris-claiborne-sundays-game-was-the-best-i-have-played-this-year.html/

Quote:
Each week, we see plays where Claiborne is around the ball. And then, we see him come up with it. As a rookie, that is most impressive because that should be where he is most tentative, but with his disallowed strip versus the Bears, his interception at Carolina, and his plays around the ball against New York (including a fumble recovery) is showing me a pattern. He is confident and has a swagger about his game that should get you excited. They paid dearly to select Claiborne, but through 7 games, the speed with which he has settled in is most encouraging.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/10/31/12/Defensive-Report---Claiborne-starts-to-e/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=812461&feedID=10194

Quote:
“If you look at him over the course of the season, you’ve seen him grow physically and also in his demeanor and how aggressive he’s playing,” said head coach Jason Garrett. “There are a couple of plays in (Sunday)’s game where he’s making tackles and he’s really consciously trying to rip the ball out, and the ball didn’t come out, but his mentality is that of a playmaker, and in relation to the football on the back end, that’s a really positive thing for us. I think he’s grown right before our eyes.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-RowanKavner/Teammates-And-Foes-Notice-Claiborne%E2%80%99s-Weekl

Quote:
Former Raiders personnel man Mike Lombardi, who is expected to land back in a personnel role this offseason, and Jon Gruden, who shared a short stint in Philadelphia with DePaul and Lombardi, also remains available and is believed in personnel circles to be the front-runner for the Cowboys' head-coaching job if Jerry Jones decides to part ways with a struggling Jason Garrett. Gruden was one of the few coaches who have had success working for Al Davis, the owner most similarly hands-on and meddlesome as Jones, and Gruden has been overly effusive in his praise of Jones and the Cowboys in his coverage of the team on ESPN’s "Monday Night Football" broadcasts.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/10/29/tebow-ratio-must-be-balanced-cowher-to-carolina

y-Growth/3e939507-a163-413b-a006-c1bf67419f56
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Matts.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo is starting to remind me of Charles Woodson, he's got a long way to go and has to be consistent, but its becoming evident that the CB position will be covered for the next 5 years.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Mo is starting to remind me of Charles Woodson, he's got a long way to go and has to be consistent, but its becoming evident that the CB position will be covered for the next 5 years.

That's a bold statement. Charles Woodson has been one of the most physical CBs the sport has seen in a generation. I certainly hope that's the case because Woodson (in his prime) was an outstanding player. It also doesn't hurt that he's a Michigan man. Wink

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

That's a bold statement. Charles Woodson has been one of the most physical CBs the sport has seen in a generation. I certainly hope that's the case because Woodson (in his prime) was an outstanding player. It also doesn't hurt that he's a Michigan man. Wink

Can't believe he won the Heisman...

must have been some terrible QB/RB's that year

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

He was born in Ohio, but you can have him.

I sure do hope this stuff about Mo is true. I personally see something different. I see him being a little hesitant, I hope it's because he's a rookie. I guess I am grading him on a different scale??? Either way I think he can be an outstanding cowboy. His film study and practice habits could make him elite, if he wants it.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

Yep. The worst actually. He beat Payton Manning to win the award.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

He beat out Peyton Manning for the Heisman. Woodson was the first defensive player in NCAA history to score a TD on all three sides of the ball in the same season.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

It only tells you how worthless Ohio State is. They couldn't keep either Desmond Howard or Charles Woodson in state. OOPS!

Northland wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

It only tells you how worthless Ohio State is. They couldn't keep either Desmond Howard or Charles Woodson in state. OOPS!

Thats just hurtful and mean.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

Sorry I'm not too old to even remember Charles Woodson in college or even care for that matter.

FSU all the way

ware94 wrote:
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

He beat out Peyton Manning for the Heisman. Woodson was the first defensive player in NCAA history to score a TD on all three sides of the ball in the same season.

That's incredible, he did that? I need to stop being lazy and look him up

ware94 wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

That's incredible, he did that? I need to stop being lazy and look him up

Yes, he did that. He was a remarkable college player, and one of the primary reasons why Michigan won the national championship in the 1997 season. He also had what many consider to have been the single greatest defensive performance against Ohio State during that season.

Northland wrote:
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

Sorry I'm not too old to even remember Charles Woodson in college or even care for that matter.

FSU all the way

Jesus...you're young enough you don't even remember Woodson playing college?

#@$% me, I'm old!

Think my lord, I watched Woodson at UM in HS. Becomimg more and more evident that my days here are numbered. No longer wanna be the old guy talkin about the days of Johnson and Landry, Aikman and Irvin, and what once was, etc

Peace out FF amigos.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

FSU all the way

Jesus...you're young enough you don't even remember Woodson playing college?

#@$% me, I'm old!

Think my lord, I watched Woodson at UM in HS. Becomimg more and more evident that my days here are numbered. No longer wanna be the old guy talkin about the days of Johnson and Landry, Aikman and Irvin, and what once was, etc

Peace out FF amigos.

Woodson is the reason I started watching college football. He was able to play CB at an elite level, played WR with ease and was a natrual as a return man. Still one of my favorite players to date, I got hsi Raiders jersey when he was drafted!

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: