Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Xenoblade Chronicles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Xenoblade Chronicles Reply with quote

Has anyone taken the time to play this through? The Wii pales in comparison to Sony and Microsoft when it comes to serious games, but this one was quite good. I don't get around to playing too many games now a days, but I took the time out for this one.

I was curious what others, newer generation for one, thought of the game. For me, it took me back to some of the RPG's of old, FF7, FF3, Chrono Trigger, etc. It was unique enough to be it's own creation but still held onto the feel of a traditional RPG game. It also had many things that made the game easily playable and less annoying.

Or am I the only one brave enough to try an RPG on the Wii? Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna play this.

I heard good things.

Not sure Ill ever get around to it, though.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I wanna play this.

I heard good things.

Not sure Ill ever get around to it, though.

That's my exact video game resume for the last 5 years Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this, actually. My buddy actually managed to get this downloaded on his CPU and upgrade it to 1080p graphics. Wooooooooooooow! Shocked

Game looks amazing. I havn't played it much, although I may get to this soon.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought this game and I havent played it yet, but figured Id bump it now so I can post impressions in the coming days.

Anyone else play this?

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about it, but don't have a Wii...so I'm on the sidelines for this one. Everything I read says it breaks away from the typical JRPG crap that makes 'em annoying - no whiney protagonist who is overly optimistic one moment, whiney the next, no completely asinine dialogue with forced humor, no perky female character who has a high pitched laugh at even the most dire situation - just sensible dialogue between believable characters and actual discussion, not filler and crap.

I played FF XIII and couldn't make it past the first few cutscenes, that game was nothing short of garbage to me. This takes that sort of setting, the very fantasy-esque setting and throws in dialogue you'd get from something such as Mass Effect or Deus Ex - maybe not as gritty and adult themed, but real stuff you'd expect to hear when the stuff is hitting the fan.

If it ever comes out on the XB360 or PS3 (Or if I "borrow" my sister's Wii) then I might check it out. I was in love with the old JRPGs of the SNES and PS1/PS2, but it seems as if the advancement in technology has given the genre an excuse to release crap (either that or I'm getting older).

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Hiero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my wii nd definitely plan on playing this game. just beat ff13-2, currently level 32 thief on skyrim just beat dark brotherhood, after I beat skyrim, then I have tales of graces F to beat, then last story which I hear is amazing and better than xenoblade. then I'll get around to this game which should be awesome. my Psn is hiero916 for any rpg fans

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might do a longer review later, but I will say that this game was pretty great, but it has its share of flaws.

The story is pretty amazing, although a bit head scratching at times, and cinematics are great, the characters are really good for the most part, and the game all around was a blast, and took a LONG time. Some will gripe about the graphics, but I really liked them. The frame rate was weak at times, but the game was pretty beautiful despite lacking the graphical power.

The main issues were the camera and navigation through quests....meaning you arent always sure where to go. And while there are a TON of quests in this game, its easy to miss things in the game, as I did.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who loved the old school Final Fantasy's...brought back fond memories of FF 6-10. and has several new elements to it that make it fun. BUT...if you decide to give this a go, and want to get the most out of it....find a good online guide from the get go. Try GameFAQs.com. There were some solid guides there. I didnt use it until halfway through and didnt refer to it much because I liked doing games on my own, but this isnt a game where you want to do that. It doesnt spoil anything in the game, but it does help you in sidequests, which youll want to do to level up and get some better items and gear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: