Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Optimistic But Worried

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Optimistic But Worried Reply with quote

Okay the Jets left Cortland today, but there are numbers that are alarming for this Jets team, in particular the OL. Both QB's were sacked a total of 49 times with 10 int's. This leads me to believe the RT position is going to be a liability for the QB's and the offense in general. I know the defense is going to be good, but the offense has sooooooo many question marks going into the season. I am amazed that the Jets in no way shape or form addressed the RT position or center during the draft. Rex can talk up anyone, but the numbers don't lie and I think I can speak for the majority of the fan's here that we expected the RT position to be addressed during the draft. Lets all hope this is not a long season for the offense, and tire the defense from too many 3 and outs.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if next year we aren't drafting a RT and RB in rounds 1 & 2.

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
I'd be shocked if next year we aren't drafting a RT and RB in rounds 1 & 2.

Eh. I think an OLB is more likely than a RB. I hope we draft either Barkevious Mingo or Taylor Lewan in the first round next year. This may require a trade-up.
richie jets

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this offense with a great o line is fine. And all though it was week 1 of pre season they were god awful running ang pass protection. they have to address it big time . everyone but nick and brick must be upgraded. I was hung up on olb but if we run a 4-3 base maybin and Davis look damn good
neauone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Okay, now you can panic Reply with quote

Okaaayyyyy, now's the time to panic, officially Hunter is out at RT. What does it mean? It means that as bad as anyone else is at RT on the Jets, Hunter is worse. So where does that leave the Jets? It leaves them very weak on the RT position and forces the Jets to bring in another player to protect Sanchez or anyone else called to QB the team. Tanny has blown this one royally, he had the opportunity to draft a RT and knew the RT position was a REAL need. Heck every Jet fan knew that RT was a top priority ONLY the Jets seemed to have missed it. They did the same thing at S and FS until this year. Tanny you blew it, you better fix it or you should be replaced.
FrankJets

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that thinks slausen is awful and is only looks good because he's in between mangold and brick. The reason why I thinks bricks game has declined is because of slausen.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks slausen is awful and is only looks good because he's in between mangold and brick. The reason why I thinks bricks game has declined is because of slausen.

I don't think he is awful, but I don't think hes the answer for that position. He will have to hold it down for this year until he can be replaced. We might have to target 2 OG's next year, Moore isnt getting younger.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now you can panic Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
Okaaayyyyy, now's the time to panic, officially Hunter is out at RT. What does it mean? It means that as bad as anyone else is at RT on the Jets, Hunter is worse. So where does that leave the Jets? It leaves them very weak on the RT position and forces the Jets to bring in another player to protect Sanchez or anyone else called to QB the team. Tanny has blown this one royally, he had the opportunity to draft a RT and knew the RT position was a REAL need. Heck every Jet fan knew that RT was a top priority ONLY the Jets seemed to have missed it. They did the same thing at S and FS until this year. Tanny you blew it, you better fix it or you should be replaced.

Everyone calling for Tanny's head should really take a step back. For every "miss" he's made several great moves. I didn't hear anyone complaining about not drafting a RT when they needed a Nickel CB to help with the Wes Welker's and Pierre Garcon's of the world and positions on the line was getting up there in age. No one complained when they added Ellis and Mo to add youth to our line and I know people were excited about Couples and Hill. So stop with the requests to axe Tanny now that the storm is settled. Drafting Ducasse was a mistake, maybe one Tanny doesn't yet want to admit to. I'm sure the FO and most Jets fans saw Ducasse and Hunter developing a little faster than they have. They will address this position, they will get their guys healthy, they WON'T be this conservative once the season starts, and they also won't be contending for a Super Bowl this year (in my opinion). So stop panicking and overreacting. This thread is getting as bad as ESPN with all this overreaction. If the Jets would have added a RT via draft and not Stephen Hill, you all would be calling for Tanny's head because Sanchez has no one to throw too. It's ridiculous. Relax.
neauone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Let Me reply Reply with quote

Please allow me to reply, first off when you mention Mo mad Ellis, you must remember the two players replaced. Shaun Ellis and Kris Jenkins, both players were replaced by the Jets within the first 3 picks. It's taken the Jets 2 years to replace Damian Woody and have yet to replace Fanaca. Remember that the Jets offensive line was considered one of the best, in 2 years they have to be regarded as one of the worse. Had the Jets drafted all offense this year, the defense would still had been a top 5 in the league and the Jets could have retooled next year which promises to be deep on the defensive line both DT and DE. That doesn't mean I do not like what they did, but could have drafted an OL in the top 3 picks they had.[/i][/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: