Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team captains announced
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Team captains announced Reply with quote

Team captains have been announced.

Offense:

Peyton and Kuper

Defense:

Champ and Dumervil

Special Teams:

Woodyard

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-announce-captains-for-2012-season/

I cannot believe that Elvis Dumervil is a captain of this football team. I don't care if his charges were dropped or not. The fact that he was even in that situation makes the team look bad and we reward him by making hime a captain. What a joke.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:

Offense:

Peyton and Kuper

Defense:

Champ and Dumervil

Special Teams:

Woodyard

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-announce-captains-for-2012-season/

I cannot believe that Elvis Dumervil is a captain of this football team. I don't care if his charges were dropped or not. The fact that he was even in that situation makes the team look bad and we reward him by making hime a captain. What a joke.

Thought so, too. Yet Elvis seems to be well respected inside that locker room. Also, who else on that defense could assume his role? Nobody else has been a Bronco for quite some time and/or has a certain resume in terms of football accomplishments.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:

Offense:

Peyton and Kuper

Defense:

Champ and Dumervil

Special Teams:

Woodyard

Thought so, too. Yet Elvis seems to be well respected inside that locker room. Also, who else on that defense could assume his role? Nobody else has been a Bronco for quite some time and/or has a certain resume in terms of football accomplishments.

Honestly, I'd give it to ANYONE else. Wolfe could have it as far as I'm concerned.

Dumervil is just another gun toating, stereotypical came from the hood and now I have money thug just like the rest of them. And now he is the captain of the football team. Stay classy Denver.

To give it to a guy who is good at what he does and slightly less of a moron that DJ Williams (who is the other person whose talent is worthy) is sad and speaks to how bad the defense has been over the past few years. It's sad that he gets it by default because everyone else either A. sucks or B. they haven't been around long enough.

I hate thugs.

champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:

Offense:

Peyton and Kuper

Defense:

Champ and Dumervil

Special Teams:

Woodyard

Honestly, I'd give it to ANYONE else. Wolfe could have it as far as I'm concerned.

Dumervil is just another gun toating, stereotypical came from the hood and now I have money thug just like the rest of them. And now he is the captain of the football team. Stay classy Denver.

To give it to a guy who is good at what he does and slightly less of a moron that DJ Williams (who is the other person whose talent is worthy) is sad and speaks to how bad the defense has been over the past few years. It's sad that he gets it by default because everyone else either A. sucks or B. they haven't been around long enough.

I hate thugs.

Everyone makes mistakes dude. He didn't hurt anyone....he did something stupid. One incident with the law doesn't define a person and I think the stereotypes you just dropped are an ignorant joke.

He has been viewed as a great locker room presence and as having a good attitude throughout his time in Denver. I am happy he is captain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the NFL record for being named a captain?

If I didn't miscount, this is Peyton Manning's 11th year.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're really going to keep Woodyard on Special Teams when he has to start at WLB? Laughing
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
They're really going to keep Woodyard on Special Teams when he has to start at WLB? Laughing

A lot of lesser starters remain on STs. Its not really a strange concept.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:

Offense:

Peyton and Kuper

Defense:

Champ and Dumervil

Special Teams:

Woodyard

I hate thugs.

Yeah disregard the historic college numbers he put up when he wasn't getting paid and forget the significant impact he's had on our defense on multiple schemes since the day he was drafted. The guy has never said anything detrimental about the team or that would catch the medias eye. He flashed a gun at a unstable "woman" and you crucify the guy. Get out of Missouri for once in your life how bout?
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Everyone makes mistakes dude. He didn't hurt anyone....he did something stupid. One incident with the law doesn't define a person and I think the stereotypes you just dropped are an ignorant joke.

"Gun toating" sure as hell isn't a stereotype when it is a fact. He had the gun and flashed it at a woman, who last I checked wasn't armed or acting in a threatening manner.

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
Yeah disregard the historic college numbers he put up when he wasn't getting paid and forget the significant impact he's had on our defense on multiple schemes since the day he was drafted.

Did I say one thing about his talent? No, I did not.

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
The guy has never said anything detrimental about the team or that would catch the medias eye.

Is that what makes a role model citizen? Someone who doesn't say anything bad about their employer?

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
He flashed a gun at a unstable "woman" and you crucify the guy.

Firstly, I'm not sure why woman is in quotes.. Was the gender of the driver of the other car in question?

Secondly, since when are you qualified to label someone as "unstable?"

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
Get out of Missouri for once in your life how bout?

Missouri is the only state where people don't like thugs?

If you guys want someone like that representing the team, that is fine. I'm not saying he should be cut. But being a captain is an honor that is earned. And to me, Dumervil's actions don't warrant being a captain.

PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

"Gun toating" sure as hell isn't a stereotype when it is a fact. He had the gun and flashed it at a woman, who last I checked wasn't armed or acting in a threatening manner.

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
Yeah disregard the historic college numbers he put up when he wasn't getting paid and forget the significant impact he's had on our defense on multiple schemes since the day he was drafted.

Did I say one thing about his talent? No, I did not.

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
The guy has never said anything detrimental about the team or that would catch the medias eye.

Is that what makes a role model citizen? Someone who doesn't say anything bad about their employer?

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
He flashed a gun at a unstable "woman" and you crucify the guy.

Firstly, I'm not sure why woman is in quotes.. Was the gender of the driver of the other car in question?

Secondly, since when are you qualified to label someone as "unstable?"

PackatBroncos07 wrote:
Get out of Missouri for once in your life how bout?

Missouri is the only state where people don't like thugs?

If you guys want someone like that representing the team, that is fine. I'm not saying he should be cut. But being a captain is an honor that is earned. And to me, Dumervil's actions don't warrant being a captain.

She threw a brick at his car or something, first, and I put woman in quotes because the word for what she was acting like doesn't fall within the forum rules.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to get ourselves into trouble if we keep talking about this so I'll just say this.

The reason this doesn't really affect my opinion of Elvis the person is because I've been in a similar situation with a woman and I can't really blame him for what he did. That being said, flashing a gun is much worse than any other threatening action he could have did and so let's just hope he learned his lesson and never does anything like that again. Also I don't throw men into certain stereotypes just because they carry a gun for protection.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally shocked that DJ Williams wasn't voted in as captain.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:

And lastly what I think those of us that are defending him as captain are saying is that collectively his actions on and off the field outweigh the significance of those actions in that one situation and make him worthy as our captain.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Team captains announced Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:

And lastly what I think those of us that are defending him as captain are saying is that collectively his actions on and off the field outweigh the significance of those actions in that one situation and make him worthy as our captain.

Maybe it is a significant problem in that when the team elected to not make him a captain he whipped out his pistol and the Broncos changed their minds and concede the captainship to him.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
We're going to get ourselves into trouble if we keep talking about this so I'll just say this.

The reason this doesn't really affect my opinion of Elvis the person is because I've been in a similar situation with a woman and I can't really blame him for what he did. That being said, flashing a gun is much worse than any other threatening action he could have did and so let's just hope he learned his lesson and never does anything like that again. Also I don't throw men into certain stereotypes just because they carry a gun for protection.

You can't blame him for flashing a gun when a woman threw a brick at him? Seriously? Did he really think his life was in danger because she threw a brick at him? When a 260 pound man needs a gun to protect himself from a brick throwing woman, something is wrong with society.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: