Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict The Final 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read where Jerell Robinson signed with Arizona. I wonder if he chose Arizona (since he went to college there) over us or if we just didn't offer him a contract?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansas bob wrote:
I read where Jerell Robinson signed with Arizona. I wonder if he chose Arizona (since he went to college there) over us or if we just didn't offer him a contract?
If we waived Robinson then Arizona or any team that finished worse than us would have a chance to sign him before us. If we cut him then he probably picked AZ.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be completely honest, I don't get the Gerell Robinson hype. I never really understood it. Most guys are undrafted for a reason and you can occasionally find a gem (Chris Harris) but Robinson, to me, is not better than Orton. He dropped a lot of balls and never really impressed me when I saw him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
kansas bob wrote:
If we waived Robinson then Arizona or any team that finished worse than us would have a chance to sign him before us. If we cut him then he probably picked AZ.

If I understood it correctly, Arizona signed him to their PS and if they had picked him up off the waiver wire they would have had to placed him on their 53 man roster.
I really don't know how good Robinson was but his size/speed ratio sounded idea but I have heard remarks that Orton is better at moving the chains than Robinson was. I do think that Robinson was a one year wonder in college.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Detroit Lions will sign Drayton Florence soon.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the 8th & final PS spot belongs to C Quintin Saulsberry,

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/02/broncos-plan-add-rookie-quintin-saulsberry-practice-squad/15344/

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
kentwag24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/02/broncos-plan-add-rookie-quintin-saulsberry-practice-squad/15344/

Solid addition to the PS. He isn't the most physicallt gifted but he's played C, G and I even thing RT. He also started 49 games in the SEC. I had a 5th round grade or so on him.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Denver Post said that Beal was going to make the team, anyone heard the reason he went on IR ??

Jakuvious wrote:
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
The Denver Post said that Beal was going to make the team, anyone heard the reason he went on IR ??
Apparently he has a torn ligament in his left knee

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/286442/345/Broncos-put-defensive-end-Beal-on-IR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kentwag24 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Solid addition to the PS. He isn't the most physicallt gifted but he's played C, G and I even thing RT. He also started 49 games in the SEC. I had a 5th round grade or so on him.

I was very pleased to see that Saulsberry was our 8th man signed to the practice squad. I liked him as a late rounder. Different position, but coming out he reminded me of Brandon Deaderick. Both had a TON of SEC starting experience, but both were projected to go very late in the draft, and did.

I doubt Saulsberry will have a career as good as Deaderick's has been, just was surprised at the time of the draft that both were thought of so lowly despite so much starting experience in the SEC.

Think the kid can end up as a solid backup offensive lineman though, and am glad he's on our PS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
kentwag24 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

I was very pleased to see that Saulsberry was our 8th man signed to the practice squad. I liked him as a late rounder. Different position, but coming out he reminded me of Brandon Deaderick. Both had a TON of SEC starting experience, but both were projected to go very late in the draft, and did.

I doubt Saulsberry will have a career as good as Deaderick's has been, just was surprised at the time of the draft that both were thought of so lowly despite so much starting experience in the SEC.

Think the kid can end up as a solid backup offensive lineman though, and am glad he's on our PS.

I think this will also allow us flexibility with Blake, not surprised with an Olineman as the last member of the PS.

Jakuvious wrote:
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

And depth chart:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

I dont believe thats the final depth chart.

This week's version of the depth chart has some interesting changes.
- Knowshon Moreno is now the second-string RB
- Joel Dreessen is now #1 TE
- Jim Leonhard is now PR

There are probably other changes. For example, was Philip Blake the backup LG in the previous version? But the rise of Moreno might be the headline story.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

And depth chart:

- Jim Leonhard is now PR

There are probably other changes. For example, was Philip Blake the backup LG in the previous version? But the rise of Moreno might be the headline story.

You are correct bobdevine. This looks like the final depth chart. As I said there would likely be some changes.

Aside form what you said...
- Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson are 1 and 2 at LDE now. Both were drafted as DT's, I must add.
- Caldwell is our 5th WR. He hasnt had a good camp at all. Im sure the front office is out on the phones to veteran WR's.
- Chris Kuper is still listed at RG even though Ramirez will be starting this week.
- DJ Williams and Virgil Green are not listed on the depth chart.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

And depth chart:

- Jim Leonhard is now PR

You are correct bobdevine. This looks like the final depth chart. As I said there would likely be some changes.

- Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson are 1 and 2 at LDE now. Both were drafted as DT's, I must add.
- Caldwell is our 5th WR. He hasnt had a good camp at all. Im sure the front office is out on the phones to veteran WR's.
- Chris Kuper is still listed at RG even though Ramirez will be starting this week.
Actually Caldwell had a good start to camp, but hasn't shown well in the games. I attended 4 practices of camp and Caldwell looked pretty good. One of the best #5 WR's on any roster. A disappointment, maybe, but no reason to bring someone else in.

As for Jackson and Wolfe, they both have played DT and DE in their college careers. The future is bright for both young players. I actually like this D-line more than any I can remember in recent years. If they stay healthy we can have a great 8 man rotation.

I hope WW can make DJ expendable. I don't think he deserves a place on the team.

I still don't know why Brooking is on the team.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

And depth chart:

- Jim Leonhard is now PR

Actually Caldwell had a good start to camp, but hasn't shown well in the games. I attended 4 practices of camp and Caldwell looked pretty good. One of the best #5 WR's on any roster. A disappointment, maybe, but no reason to bring someone else in.

As for Jackson and Wolfe, they both have played DT and DE in their college careers. The future is bright for both young players. I actually like this D-line more than any I can remember in recent years. If they stay healthy we can have a great 8 man rotation.

I hope WW can make DJ expendable. I don't think he deserves a place on the team.

I still don't know why Brooking is on the team.

Nobody does.

What pisses me off the most about that roster decision is that Elway and Fox have preached that competition and play on the field will decide the final-53. Clearly theyre going against their word with this decision. It doesnt really mean anything to me though. Hes likely going to be dropped when DJ comes back from his suspension.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: