Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2: Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Jared Allen just called, and is very upset you would even say that, Mr. Allen had 22 sacks on a 3-13 team, I'd say Allen is the best pass-rusher in the league bar none. Shame on you

I'd still take Ware over Allen if I needed to a sack in a big moment. Regardless, Allen is definitely in the conversation and definitely above Miller.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are basing everything on last year. I'm basing my knowledge on not only what i've seen but as I suspect Von will progress and Allen/Ware will digress with age.

"We all we got, we all we need"
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Im playing in the Sb tomorrow and I want to have the best pass rusher I can get. Im taking Allen without a doubt.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
You guys are basing everything on last year. I'm basing my knowledge on not only what i've seen but as I suspect Von will progress and Allen/Ware will digress with age.

Well that's awfully subjective.
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Manning didn't even have that long to throw. Manning just gets rid of the ball fast. There's a reason he's never sacked.

Manning makes it looks easy on delayed sort routs. Broncos have a good oline and Tebow even had success since he could run with it because the blocking was good. Manning is going to tear is up on his checks this year with the time he will have for the recievers to suck the back field D deep. He only needs a second or two longer to make it work.

Flynn seemed to be making it work with Butler so far but not that good.

I'm not taking about the short checkdown plays. Manning stood back there on the intermediate throws and his O-Line looked like they were parting the red sea.

I can't believe this is concerning anyone else.

On the hand the Hawks have played 2 teams known for good o-line play but the D has been getting turn overs. Jones has seen very little play I believe? Until the whole blue print of the d is on the field I am not going to be to concerned since the turn overs created. Not saying we are going to have the best D, just think it is going to be a great D still.

Pre-season is so hard to figure out what is going on. Some vets play a lot some don't and rookies are out playing all the time. Remeber when Mora went 4-0 in the pre-season? What a disaster of a season that was after high hopes.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with Osprey here (no worries, I'll go wash my mouth out as soon as I hit 'submit'). Our pass rush has looked downright dreadful these first two games and we're getting bailed out by fortuitous turnovers. I need to see a lot more from that unit or I'll be very worried of the limitations this defense will face come the regular season.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I completely agree with Osprey here (no worries, I'll go wash my mouth out as soon as I hit 'submit'). Our pass rush has looked downright dreadful these first two games and we're getting bailed out by fortuitous turnovers. I need to see a lot more from that unit or I'll be very worried of the limitations this defense will face come the regular season.

Did Jason Jones even play last game? I didnít even notice him out there.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I wanna say no.

My concern is about the qb spot. Flynn is doing good but not running away with the competition but Wilson is showing it is to easy for him to play with 2nd and 3rd stringers. If Flynn continues to do the same I'm would be wondering what would of happened if roles would of been reversed for the 3rd pre-season game. Does Wilson do better or worse with the starters while Flynn tears it up or shows about the same as he has in Wilson's role?

T O drop is about the only good chance Flynn has had so far. Tate had no chance on his try. Wilson had some issues as well, but did he miss or rout ploblems from the recievers?

Not trying to coach, just wondering and I was against Wilson for our 3rd round pick. He did get better in game 2 and showing he can get it done in his role. IMO he deserves a start this Friday in KC.
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

That is the fun in sports! Opponents won't give you that but end up giving you this. Confused
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe all of the news was that we traded Tjax and rice back to Minne for Jared allen???? Laughing

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Maybe all of the news was that we traded Tjax and rice back to Minne for Jared allen???? Laughing

JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Jared Allen just called, and is very upset you would even say that, Mr. Allen had 22 sacks on a 3-13 team, I'd say Allen is the best pass-rusher in the league bar none. Shame on you

I'd still take Ware over Allen if I needed to a sack in a big moment. Regardless, Allen is definitely in the conversation and definitely above Miller.

I say between the two players it could be easily said it's a 1a - 1b here.... and I agree, Miller is nowhere near the level these two players, at least not yet.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Nope he got sick and couldn't play.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how this pass rusher discussion is about Ware, Von Miller, and Jared Allen, yet Terrell Suggs won DPOY last year and had a better year than, really, all of those guys Shocked

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I love how this pass rusher discussion is about Ware, Von Miller, and Jared Allen, yet Terrell Suggs won DPOY last year and had a better year than, really, all of those guys Shocked
Terrell Suggs is not near the pass rusher Ware or Allen is. I love T-sizzle, but he's an all around great player. He's a great pass rusher, he's not a top tier one.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: