Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redman Scheduled to get MRI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunny Highway wrote:
Deangelo Williams on the cheap anyone ?

Stacked backfield with Stewart and Tolbert

No chance in hell.
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take a shot on Chris Ivory if NO lets him walk, regardless on Red/Dwyers health status.

Injuy risk, but very few backs run with his violence and urgency. Great fit here IMO.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
BigSnack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Id take a shot on Chris Ivory if NO lets him walk, regardless on Red/Dwyers health status.

Injuy risk, but very few backs run with his violence and urgency. Great fit here IMO.

actually whoever is the odd man out in the big easy should get a look from us. with the bangs and bruises our backfield has and their abundance i think something could work out for us and at a reasonable cost

Yeast infection.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendy needed... Period! Oh and whomever mentioned Ryan Grant, I agree. He should have been signed already. Of course if Dwyer is starting, splitting carries with batch and Rainey is used in passing situations it won't be he end of world. That's a serviceable group for a few weeks till Redman and Mendy get healthy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Mendy needed... Period! Oh and whomever mentioned Ryan Grant, I agree. He should have been signed already. Of course if Dwyer is starting, splitting carries with batch and Rainey is used in passing situations it won't be he end of world. That's a serviceable group for a few weeks till Redman and Mendy get healthy

Based on what exactly???

Preseason play? Media hype?

Not sure how you can make a statement like that about 3 guys who have played so little in the NFL.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Gunny Highway wrote:
Deangelo Williams on the cheap anyone ?

Stacked backfield with Stewart and Tolbert

No chance in hell.

I definitely wonder what is going on in Carolina signing J Stew to a new or extended contract with Williams and just signing Tolbert....

But I agree wont happen.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
One4theThumb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound too serious:

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/374762?wsref=tw&code=fMD3ZP7
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Based on what exactly???

Preseason play? Media hype?

Not sure how you can make a statement like that about 3 guys who have played so little in the NFL.
True. I just have faith especially in Dwyer and Rainey. Dwyer can grind out tough yards, Rainey has he speed to be dynamic in space.

Hey aren't going to set the world on fire and aren't starters if the others are healthy but hey can be serviceable.

I mean who ever thought Evan Royster would be he redskins starting rb? I think Dwyer can have a similar impact
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One4theThumb wrote:
Doesn't sound too serious:

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/374762?wsref=tw&code=fMD3ZP7
Hopefully its not like Jammal browns hip
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I mean who ever thought Evan Royster would be he redskins starting rb? I think Dwyer can have a similar impact

Is he???

I drafted him in my dynasty leagues- rookie/free agent 5 round draft.. got him in the 3rd rd... heard he was pushing Helu pretty good.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Is he???

I drafted him in my dynasty leagues- rookie/free agent 5 round draft.. got him in the 3rd rd... heard he was pushing Helu pretty good.
At the moment. I wouldn't pick him in fantasy or anything because it's just a rule you don't take shanahan backs. Who knows who I'll start every game and get the most carries, but currently he looks the best and Helu and Hightower are trying to get over injuries. Royster started the last two games last year vs Nyg (had 132 yds) and Philly (113 yds)
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Is he???

At he moment. I wouldn't pick him fantasy r anything because it's just a rul you don't take shanahan backs. Who knows who I'll start every game and get the most carries, but currently he looks the best and Helu and Hightower are trying to get over injuries. Royster started the last two games last year vs Nyg (had 132 yds) and Philly (113 yds)

Cool... yeah I wont be relying on him as an every week starter at all. But hopefully good insurance if I get some injuries or for bye weeks

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Steelers fan and don't see all your games, so you guys probably have more informed opinions than I do. Is the consensus here that Redman is a better back than Dwyer? Every time I see them, Dwyer looks more effective.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitchconnor wrote:
I'm not a Steelers fan and don't see all your games, so you guys probably have more informed opinions than I do. Is the consensus here that Redman is a better back than Dwyer? Every time I see them, Dwyer looks more effective.

When Dwyer shows he can pick up a blitz we can talk. Redman is a better all-around back than Dwyer. And this is the first camp that Dwyer has shown up to in shape.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Define Better. Better for the offense, or more likely to the ball down the field in large chunks, better fundamentals, more likely to control the clock, more likely to end a drive in a TD, etc?

Quote:
When Dwyer shows he can pick up a blitz we can talk. Redman is a better all-around back than Dwyer. And this is the first camp that Dwyer has shown up to in shape.

I Agree.
Redman might be the most consistent RB on the roster(even more than Mendy). Others will disagree, but until our oline rounds into shape, redman will and should be the workhose on 1st and 2nd downs, and probably a lot of short yardage situations. He can control a game with consistent 4 yard gains and force D's to put safeties in the box or run blitz. He can avoid those dive killing negative run plays more than the others, because he runs with a lower center of gravity and is harder to tackle and has been with this team for a longer period of time. So, he has less risk of missing assignments.
Other fans will argue that he doesn't have much of a burst. This is 100% true. But how often can a team expect or build an offense around a 20 yard running plays? That is not very sustainable. The steelers during and Noll's & Cowher's days, did not want RBs to run for huge gains, then get tackled for -2 yard loss or no gains. They wanted a running game that controlled the clock, was sustainable, consistent, dependable, and complemented the passing game and gave the defense rests, while tiring out the defenses' front sevens, forced timeouts, etc. A 20 yard run is great. But 4, five yard running plays in succession have been more valued in Pittsburgh. Haley should be able to use a good mix of all the RBs, but he has to first get this oline blocking well as a unit, or we will get Ben killed in obvious passing downs.

Thanks Lyasr 529

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: