Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How's LaRon looking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: How's LaRon looking? Reply with quote

Hey guys, big LaRon fan here. How's his health been so far? Have you heard much about him in TC? I will be following him all season and wish nothing but the best for him. If he does get back to 100% health, you all got yourself THE steal of free agency. Thanks for any info you can give me and good luck this season.

mike23md on the sig!
epicjets29

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How's LaRon looking? Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Hey guys, big LaRon fan here. How's his health been so far? Have you heard much about him in TC? I will be following him all season and wish nothing but the best for him. If he does get back to 100% health, you all got yourself THE steal of free agency. Thanks for any info you can give me and good luck this season.

He was just activated from PUP list. His practice reps are so far being monitored, so it's hard to come to any conclusion. I certainly do have high hopes for him. If he can perform at 2010 per injury level, we will have an amazing secondary. Very Happy

ttitansfan4life on the Titans wrote:
Best offense in league by far. We can throw Hasselbeck in there and it's still the best.

CEO of the Cutler fan club
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last report I seen about him is that he is ahead of schedule in his recovery. He ended up practicing the other day when he was suppose to be in rehab. From the sound of things, it looks like we are playing it safe and not giving him a lot of reps yet until he is 100%. So i don't expect to see him on the field a lot during preseason, but he should be during the regular season. I've always liked Landry since the LSU days.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have him playing FS or SS? He was forced to move over to FS after the death of Sean Taylor where he played fine, but when he was able to move back to SS in 2010 he played at an absolute elite level. Unfortunately that's when the Achilles injuries started. The best thing he does is put fear in the receivers. With Revis and Cromartie on the outside, he should have a fairly easy time "head-hunting". I would love to see him scare the bejesus outta those cocky Pats receivers and tight ends. Again, if he stays healthy he is a huge weapon for your secondary. Don't expect many ints unfortunately though.

mike23md on the sig!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Do they have him playing FS or SS? He was forced to move over to FS after the death of Sean Taylor where he played fine, but when he was able to move back to SS in 2010 he played at an absolute elite level. Unfortunately that's when the Achilles injuries started. The best thing he does is put fear in the receivers. With Revis and Cromartie on the outside, he should have a fairly easy time "head-hunting". I would love to see him scare the bejesus outta those cocky Pats receivers and tight ends. Again, if he stays healthy he is a huge weapon for your secondary. Don't expect many ints unfortunately though.

We have him at FS, and Bell at SS. If 100% healthy,I'm not worried about Landry struggling in coverage because of our schemes and CB's we already have. So his job will be to knock who ever comes through the middle & close in on TE's.

Quote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

whats the update? I saw his stats for week 1 but how'd he look? What kind of season do you see him having?

mike23md on the sig!
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Bump.

whats the update? I saw his stats for week 1 but how'd he look? What kind of season do you see him having?

Had a very nice forced fumble. He hit VERY hard. Missed a tackle on a long CJ Spiller TD.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Bump.

I think hes going to have a probowl caliber season.

Quote:
JfaulkNY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Bump.

we still need a better cover safety but laron has been what this defense has been missing since rex has been here.

a guy who punishes players in the secondary.
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not what the Jets defense has been crying out for, though I think nobody expected him to be really, but he already looks the part of a quality strong safety.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Bump.

He didn't look great in week 1. Looked out of position a few times, missed tackles, and looked for the big play instead of the smart play. He forced a nice fumble but he still has a ton to work on
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Bump.

He didn't look great in week 1. Looked out of position a few times, missed tackles, and looked for the big play instead of the smart play. He forced a nice fumble but he still has a ton to work on

yeah but im going by his stats. He's getting tackles , and if you add the games he started from preseason, he has had atleast one turn over the last 3 games. stat wise, he is on good pace.

Quote:
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Bump.

yeah but im going by his stats. He's getting tackles , and if you add the games he started from preseason, he has had atleast one turn over the last 3 games. stat wise, he is on good pace.

If we are going by stats, Revis had a bad year last year, no ints!
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of big hits, not much substance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is taking bad anlgs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: