Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT #2: KC Chiefs vs. St. Louis Rams
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: GDT #2: KC Chiefs vs. St. Louis Rams Reply with quote

Quote:
Barry Richardson has supplanted Jason Smith as the Rams' starting right tackle.
It's concerning news for Smith, as Richardson struggled mightily with the Chiefs last season. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas believes the job is "definitely" up for grabs, and may take the entire preseason to sort out. Richardson started the Rams' preseason opener, and is practicing with the first-team offense. St. Louis will struggle to protect Sam Bradford this year.

Good news for the Chiefs: Justin Houston should have a fun day.

But more important: If Richardson holds down the starting RT spot he might become relvant in the compensatory draft pick equation. IF he draws a pick Kyle Orton would go without an adequate countermove - thus giving the Chiefs an additional 4th-5th rounder (in addition to the 3rd rounder they'll receive for Brandon Carr)
Desmond

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should just use this as our GDT. Smile

Thus...

Quote:
Stanzi's gonna be #2 QB in the Looey!

Quote:
As the KC Star's Adam Teicher notes, the fact that Stanzi gets the nod as the No. 2 in Saturday's game shows that this thing isn't over. Stanzi still has a shot. Maybe not a great one but still a shot.

Danny Parkins made a good point on 610 Sports today about this. Stanzi hasn't been given many opportunities to work with the second team in game action. If this is a true competition then Stanzi deserves time with the second team to show what he can do with better talent.

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GDT #2: KC Chiefs vs. St. Louis Rams Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
Barry Richardson has supplanted Jason Smith as the Rams' starting right tackle.
It's concerning news for Smith, as Richardson struggled mightily with the Chiefs last season. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas believes the job is "definitely" up for grabs, and may take the entire preseason to sort out. Richardson started the Rams' preseason opener, and is practicing with the first-team offense. St. Louis will struggle to protect Sam Bradford this year.

Good news for the Chiefs: Justin Houston should have a fun day.

But more important: If Richardson holds down the starting RT spot he might become relvant in the compensatory draft pick equation. IF he draws a pick Kyle Orton would go without an adequate countermove - thus giving the Chiefs an additional 4th-5th rounder (in addition to the 3rd rounder they'll receive for Brandon Carr)

Go BARRY!!!!

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Desmond

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Jason Smith could kick inside. I remember wanting him over T-Jack, but Smith just hasn't been panning out thus far.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:
I wonder if Jason Smith could kick inside. I remember wanting him over T-Jack, but Smith just hasn't been panning out thus far.

I wanted pretty much everyone over T-Jack. Still think we should have gone with Orakpo, but I guess I'm okay with it since we got Houston.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Desmond

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:

I wanted pretty much everyone over T-Jack. Still think we should have gone with Orakpo, but I guess I'm okay with it since we got Houston.

I agree. Laughing

But hey, T-Jack been makin' a comeback. Perhaps not a bad pick overall.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:

I agree. Laughing

not considering all the suck that was picked around him.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:

I agree. Laughing

I wish we could have got the same value that we got when we picked Berry at #5 though. The closest to that would have been Orakpo. He was no more of a reach than TJ. TJ wasn't bad though, considering all of the bad players around him, like you said. I'm excited to see what Houston is going to do this year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:

I agree. Laughing

I wish we could have got the same value that we got when we picked Berry at #5 though. The closest to that would have been Orakpo. He was no more of a reach than TJ. TJ wasn't bad though, considering all of the bad players around him, like you said. I'm excited to see what Houston is going to do this year.

If we were really serious about retooling from the 4-3 to 3-4, then as previously mentioned, Brian Orakpo should have been strongly considered - and I would add that B.J. Raji should have as well (if we weren't so stuck on 2 gapping).
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:

I agree. Laughing

If we were really serious about retooling from the 4-3 to 3-4, then as previously mentioned, Brian Orakpo should have been strongly considered - and I would add that B.J. Raji should have as well (if we weren't so stuck on 2 gapping).

especially since at that point we had no idea how Tamba would transfer to OLB. He became what he became but we had no indication that he would or even could

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one of the things I love about RAC:

"I'll tell the starters the same thing I told em last week. Get prepared to play, and they they'll play until I take em out."

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Desmond wrote:

I agree. Laughing

especially since at that point we had no idea how Tamba would transfer to OLB. He became what he became but we had no indication that he would or even could

Actually, RVM, it is funn you mention that about Hali....that was the counter-argument I was going to mention as to the possible reason why Pioli DIDN'T pick Orakpo. With Hali transitioning from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, Pioli might have been nervous about drafting a player that high that would need to go through the same exact transition. Pioli might have wanted to avoid two "unknown" variables.

With Raji, I think the minor drug scrape might have scared him away, although it is interesting to note nothing has indicated that it was more than a little slip-up for Raji.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Dorsey was switching to 34 DE, Edwards to NT, so adding Jackson is three unknowns...
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson looked terrible last week for them. He was getting eaten alive!
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two main things i'll be focusing on.

1. DL play, we should dominate the line of scrimmage. Anything less will be a disappointment. Packers are really the good OL we play all preseason.

2. Get our playmakers the ball and get work.against their secondary.

Should be good work for our OL this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: