Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Australian Football League United States Recruitment Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Australian Football League United States Recruitment Drive Reply with quote

the Australian Football League (Not Rugby) has taken the opportunity to try and lure some Talent from the United States by holding a US Draft Combine to attract athletes from any walk of life be it American Football, Basketball, Soccer or Hockey .etc. to come and try out and be assessed and recruited to play for the Best Sporting clubs Australia has to offer.

This Sport is not taken lightly over here as it is supported and followed like a Religion, with some of the best endurance and all round skills a Team sport asks for, you need to be able to run all day, Kick the ball (with Accuracy), have strength, Field Vision, be able to have very good hand eye co-ordination and sublime tackling skills, this is a very fast game and not for the faint hearted.

i'd Love to see more Talent from North America Playing in this Competition (we already have an American and a Canadian) but i see a huge potential to lure some college sports players that have not moved onto the Next level in their chosen sport.

even if this just gets more North Americans aware of this great sport and gets more support on the North American continent then i see this as a Success.

here is the AFL's Videos to Showcase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgD7pU1Jee8&feature=player_embedded

This is it, boys, this is war - what are we waiting for?
Why don't we break the rules already?
I was never one to believe the hype - save that for the black and white
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I LOVE catching random aussie-rules football on ESPN. Ish's cray. Like, dudes can throw punches and elbows, but NOT get ejected? I just wish ESPN showed it more.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Dude, I LOVE catching random aussie-rules football on ESPN. Ish's cray. Like, dudes can throw punches and elbows, but NOT get ejected? I just wish ESPN showed it more.

yeah its a Mad sport, fast action all the time, never really a slow point in the game and some of the skills on the players is nuts, some of the most amazing marks (when they catch the ball) and goals, can't explain how they even manage to do it some times, and ironically its the players between 5"8 and 6"0 that are the real freaks !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWE73Gm6fw&feature=related

AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessss, such a sick video

Hopefully we get more of those athletic b-ball types over here

Kiltman on the sig
Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately Shae McNamara, the Wisconsin Native has been cut by the Collingwood Magpies after 3 years with the Club, he didn't make any senior appearances with team but he was serviceable in the Reserve grades over the past 3 seasons.

will be disappointed to see him go but at the same time i hope he get another shot with another club and hopefully this is the start of seeing more of his kind (North Americans that is) get a go in this league.

Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Combine was run yesterday, here is a brief breakdown and Video of what the recruiters though of the event held.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146183/default.aspx

and below is the List of players invited to the Combine with their respective sports, Heights and Colleges they attended.

http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20120826221559294

AlexM23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie_viking wrote:
unfortunately Shae McNamara, the Wisconsin Native has been cut by the Collingwood Magpies after 3 years with the Club, he didn't make any senior appearances with team but he was serviceable in the Reserve grades over the past 3 seasons.

will be disappointed to see him go but at the same time i hope he get another shot with another club and hopefully this is the start of seeing more of his kind (North Americans that is) get a go in this league.

Surely McNamara could have got a game over Dawes? Razz

Kiltman on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: