Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 US Open Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Tomic is a loudmouth and a cheat.

What did he do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0yJTM4eL8U

Called the ball out when Dolgopolov's shot landed on the line. Then denied it.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another great win for Laura Robson. Cool

So much confidence in herself, which is vital. She's going to be really, really good.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite happy there's another Brit doing well, while I'm warming to Murray it's always a massive annoyance when the media never shut up about him.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomic is a tool, good player but Tool.

The Brit Girl Robson is doing work.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
I'm quite happy there's another Brit doing well, while I'm warming to Murray it's always a massive annoyance when the media never shut up about him.

See, I don't get it when people say stuff like this about him. The British media are generally pretty ignorant of Murray's achievements and sometimes just flat out don't care how he's playing. He's nowhere near the media darling Tim Henman was despite being a far better player than Henman ever was.

Guarantee if Robson gets to his level in the woman's game, the hype will be insane.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

See, I don't get it when people say stuff like this about him. The British media are generally pretty ignorant of Murray's achievements and sometimes just flat out don't care how he's playing. He's nowhere near the media darling Tim Henman was despite being a far better player than Henman ever was.

Guarantee if Robson gets to his level in the woman's game, the hype will be insane.

Are you kidding? Every single grand slam it comes around "will this be Murray's year?" and for ages they went on about the "Big 4" when it was really just the Big 3 and Murray. Now that it is a big 4 it's a bit more understandable. And don't get me wrong I couldn't stand the Henman hype either, that was worse as he barely got anywhere.

The reason his achievements are ignored is because they only care about grand slams. No one cares how many Masters Murray wins as hardly anyone watches them and the media just keep fawning over his first grand slam, it's very annoying. Having a second good Brit would stop it getting one sided either way.

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

Are you kidding? Every single grand slam it comes around "will this be Murray's year?" and for ages they went on about the "Big 4" when it was really just the Big 3 and Murray. Now that it is a big 4 it's a bit more understandable. And don't get me wrong I couldn't stand the Henman hype either, that was worse as he barely got anywhere.

The reason his achievements are ignored is because they only care about grand slams. No one cares how many Masters Murray wins as hardly anyone watches them and the media just keep fawning over his first grand slam, it's very annoying. Having a second good Brit would stop it getting one sided either way.

I think it's perfectly natural to ask questions like "is this his year?" when he's a player with top 5 talent who is always challenging at the business end of Slams. More justified than the hype England get before international tournaments anyway. Laughing

The issue I have with the media over here, isn't how much they build someone up, but instead with how much they'll kick them when they're down after said build-ups.

It's got worse for Murray recently, actually. Firstly because I think for the first time in his career he's actually looking like someone who genuinely could win a Grand Slam, whereas in past years he would have needed the other big names to be taken out by someone else before he finished the job. And also because I think previously he was seen as an "angry Scotsman" and not someone who cared about being British or interested in representing Great Britain... something his Olympic performance has completely dispelled.

Robson will still get more love though, when she's kicking about at the top. She's more likeable, and this is coming from someone who's always been a Murray fan.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask questions sure, make 3/4s of all grand slam coverage about said question then no. That's what most slams are in regards to Murray, Wimbledon is almost unbearable. We need to accept that Murray is damn good but in a time with Djokovic and Nadal he's got as much bad luck as Roddick did with Federer if not more. And that's ignoring the fact that Federer is lingering on himself as a top player.

We shouldn't have to go berserk in slam fury every tournament, the others are just better but Murray is very good.

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potro has so much fitness issues, swear he tires easily.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddick through, he has a potential 4th round match with Potro, I have no idea who to root for.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome watching Roddick tear Tomic apart.

John McEnroe called it a "well-deserved beating" - dead on, Mac.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Roddick through, he has a potential 4th round match with Potro, I have no idea who to root for.

I'd love for Roddick to have a good US Open to retire on.

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good match for Milos, next up, Murray Cool Go beat him again!

If he can get past him, he has a very winnable game against Cilic/Klizan(?), could see him getting through to the semis!!! Nice jump in rankings there, since he didn't play in the Open last year

PSN: ShiiNyIV
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robson with an early break on Stosur.

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far can Roddick make it? I want to see if he can reach the semifinals.

#TeamManfred

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: