Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 US Open Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Boo. Don`t like Murray at all.

I hope he never gets above #3

At one point he's been the #2 in the world.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:

Bitter that he showed up Raonic for the one-dimensional servebot he is?
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Bitter that he showed up Raonic for the one-dimensional servebot he is?

No? Just because a player beats my favourite player doesn't mean I dislike him. I'm not a little kid.

I generally dislike Murray as a player. I don't hide it, if you knew me in person or I posted in tennis threads more on here.

One dimensional servebot or not, you kind of have to cheer for someone you trained with every day for 5 years.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, just like people seem to "have" to hate Murray. It seems to be quite a common thing with no real reason behind it, and it's just a bit tiresome to me.

I quite like Raonic. He seems like a decent guy, unlike that idiot Tomic. Just find him a boring player right now. Hopefully he will develop a ground game and provide a real challenge to the top 10 guys.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
Of course, just like people seem to "have" to hate Murray. It seems to be quite a common thing with no real reason behind it, and it's just a bit tiresome to me.

I quite like Raonic. He seems like a decent guy, unlike that idiot Tomic. Just find him a boring player right now. Hopefully he will develop a ground game and provide a real challenge to the top 10 guys.

I hope so too. It's wierd, when I stopped training with him, he was 16 and I was 15. He never had a big serve when I played with him, and he had an exceptional ground game. Laughing Growth spurt FTW.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
seminoles1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
I didn't dislike him, but I didn't like that he was mentioned as part of the "Big 4" when he had no reason to be up until 2012.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
I didn't dislike him, but I didn't like that he was mentioned as part of the "Big 4" when he had no reason to be up until 2012.

He wasn't on the level of the other 3 (except in 08/09 where he was undoubtedly better than Djokovic), but the top 4 in the rankings were Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, usually roughly in that order the majority of the time, for many years. Murray wasn't as good, and didn't have the Slam success, but he was "in the top 4" for a long time, only dropping out for a couple of weeks to Soderling in the space of what is now at least 4 years.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
He wasn't on the level of the other 3 (except in 08/09 where he was undoubtedly better than Djokovic), but the top 4 in the rankings were Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, usually roughly in that order the majority of the time, for many years. Murray wasn't as good, and didn't have the Slam success, but he was "in the top 4" for a long time, only dropping out for a couple of weeks to Soderling in the space of what is now at least 4 years.
I understand that, if there were to be a 4th player and it be called a "Big 4" then Murray was the best option. But it should have been the "Big 3".

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Soderling, did he drop out of the rankings or what.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he dropped out of them in July. Been over a year since he's played a match. Wonder when (if) he'll return.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping he can return, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesnt.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: