Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Liverpool Thread III: He Scores, He Saves, Hes Gerrard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Wtf... Joe Cole

My reaction too. Why not Assaidi or Borini. Smh, Rodgers.

He won't limp any time since Joe Cole has super strength. He never gets hurt.

/knocks on wood
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling definitely should've gotten a better shot on goal there at least. Disappointing.

Edit: Charlie Laughing
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Suarez deserved a yellow there.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole match is depressing. I know how this is going to end. Sad
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god. Corner for Stoke, Late.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Cole. You $%Q$#W$4W.

Joe has to be a double agent. There's no other explanation.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's game. At least no serious injuries, yay.

Mad
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This commentator on the FoxSoccer stream is so irritating. Everything he says is just so annoying.

Seemed like another typical Liverpool game. Get into areas but just don't have the players that know how to finish. Add in a ref that does not understand how to control the over-aggressive Stoke players, it was a tough situation for LFC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mhm. I hope Rodgers realizes after that appalling showing from Cole, that he doesn't belong to be anywhere near the first team. Maybe some good can come out of this after all.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But seriously though, if Huth doesn't get a few matches ban for that, what is ban-able?
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the name of the announcer that feels the need to alternatively refer to every single player by their nationality if they're not British?

The URUGUAYAN. The ITALIAN. The BOSNIAN. The TURK...ish international.

If this is a year of "consolidation", than I don't see much a point of Joe Cole, though with the squad so thin even a fit body is important.

The good news though is that the academy youngsters continue to look comfortable... Sterling, Suso, Wisdom all look unfazed by the Premier League level. They're not going to play in a more physical game than they played today.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well glad we got a point, but we left 2 points on the field. We were clearly the better team (67% possession FTW!).

Alas though, we left 2 points on the field due to a few things.

Firstly, we got impatient as the game wore on. I love Stevie G, I will always love him, but he struggled today. Big time. He tried hollywood balls, gave away possession and was overall super sloppy. OptaLiverpool has him losing possession 36 times today. 36. Don't think Stevie is alone on this. As the game wore on, we got a little too sloppy. Losing possession on either stupid balls or just being overall sloppy. The one thing I've seen with Rodgers' system is you have to be smart with the ball to make it work.

Secondly, personnel was a little bit of a problem. We missed Shelvey in a game like this, believe it or not. In the past I've seen that we get our most penetrating runs through Jonjo. In a game like this, he could've really helped. Furthermore, I was a little lost with why Cole was brought on. I would've thought Borini, with his excellent movement, would've been the ideal choice to bring on and maybe open things up a little.

Sucks we left 2 points on the field, but it wasn't all bad. Defense looked tidy overall, even though there were times where I went "wowowowow what are you doing, what are you doing". Agger played well, really glad we have him tied up for the foreseeable future. Reina did well in the 2 shots he had to save. Glad he got his clean sheet. Sterling had a nice game on the right, and I think that's his natural position. Sahin and Allen were quiet(latter of which was not himself). Suarez was himself, but there was an embellishment in the 2nd half that was kinda embarrassing. I love the guy, but if he wants to get calls, he needs to cut that out. Johnson had a few wasted balls, but he was good. Wisdom, actually, played really well I thought. Defensively was rock solid. Super tidy and barely put a foot wrong all game. As Dot said, I think he's a CB truth be told.

Biggest issue that I saw this game was anyone bar Suarez, who played against Udinese had a sub-par game. Gerrard, Allen and Johnson. Specially the first. Pulis parked the bus, but we really could've used someone who some more penetrating runs into the box(which I thought Sahin would've done but what can you do).

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Reading needs to be a win next week. 7/9 points in the last 3, against 3 winnable opponents would be something I can live with. Rodgers has a hell of a decision to make the week after that. Anzhi and than Everton.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisdom provided nothing from the wings. I say he push forward effectively maybe 3-4 times the whole game. I understand playing him against Stoke in a defensive sense that is he can match the physicality of Stoke but against a team that will certainly play defensively at Anfield, I feel that Liverpool needs a more adventurous full back. I don't have a vendetta against Wisdom, I have always said that alongside Suso, Sterling and Robbo, they are the four with the best chance of making an impact in the PL. However, I just don't see him being a good enough full back in modern football when you need those marauding style FBs.

I don't fault Gerrard, in the end, most of the chances came from his long balls. There was nothing generated when he didn't try to take those risk today. Also, I felt that Allen was sloppy in his play today. Just didn't see Allen have the impact he had in other games.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Pulis wants Suarez banned for his diving. Bet it'll happen too.

Rolling Eyes
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Apparently Pulis wants Suarez banned for his diving. Bet it'll happen too.

Rolling Eyes

I want Crouch banned for handball but you take what you get.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 33 of 100

Jump to: