Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arsenal Pt. III: Bould Effect
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Arsenal Pt. III: Bould Effect Reply with quote

To continue the transfer discussion:

We still also have a lot of dead weight in the squad to try and sell, which we were unsuccessful with last summer: Bendtner, Almunia, Denilson, Vela etc.

Now we've got Park Chu Young the panic buy to deal with who likely will struggle to get a place on the bench. Denilson and Bendtner absolutely will go back on loan if they can't be sold but we'd still probably be footing some of their wages. Real Betis has recently shown an interest in buying Vela, but they are reportedly having trouble coming together with any funds to buy him.

Chamakh unfortunately has said he wants to stay, despite some reported interest form the likes of Lazio who could probably afford his 60k/week salary. I'm not really sure what he's hoping to accomplish unless he expects RVP to be sold and to have another chance to start (God help us all, if so)...

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.

Last edited by The Wyzzinator on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:32 am; edited 19 times in total
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chamakh is probably perfectly fine with sitting and counting the money for another year. He's making at least twice what he'd make at Lazio.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our new signing had his sending off press conference at Koln today.. apparently Mertesacker gave him the Arsenal shirt (I guess it doesn't count as tapping up when the player/teams already agreed to the deal)

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Arsenal Pt. III: Chapter 37 - Norwich City Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
To continue the transfer discussion:

We still also have a lot of dead weight in the squad to try and sell, which we were unsuccessful with last summer: Bendtner, Almunia, Denilson, Vela etc.

Yep, this is definitely the biggest impediment for us in proceeding into the transfer window, and something that I've been pretty worried about. I have to imagine that someone in La Liga will make a move for Vela with the form he's been in, but I'm not all that optimistic about getting rid of any of the other players on a permanent basis. Chamakh probably has the most value still, somehow, and it would be fantastic if we could swindle someone into taking him on and his 60k weekly salary, even if the transfer fee itself is paltry. He came on a free transfer, so we wouldn't even be eating a loss on him if we sell him for chump change.

Although it's unlikely, because Arsenal never really delivers a best-case scenario type of transfer window no matter how much they promise to spend, my dream summer would be to re-sign RVP, snap up Vertonghen and Javi Martinez (I don't even dare to dream of M'Vila), and then go dumpster diving for a striker of value to put on the bench behind Robin. Although it seems like some people think Benik Afobe might be ready to become a squad player at Arsenal, but I'm skeptical, given that he has never even got a real run in the Championship yet. A more reliable option off the bench to spell RVP is still preferable.

Also, weren't we linked to Lewis Holtby for a summer swoop? As an alternative to M'Vila or Martinez, I think that could be a great move for us. And I like the idea of furthering our reach in the Bundesliga with the talent that is coming out of Germany these days.

On the topic of the upcoming matches, I have to say, I actually have a bad feeling about the season climax. Given our recent form, I sort of expect us to drop points at some point, more likely against away at West Brom in Hodgson's final match. And even if we get 4 points from the final 2 matches, that's enough to knock us to at least 4th (where we'd have to bank on Bayern winning UCL) or even to 5th if things really break against us.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who is a big Barca fan. He tells me the rumors are that this summer they will spend 100 mill Euros. Their #1 target is going to be RvP. We are going to need to get off to a fast start in the transfer market or we run the risk of unsettling RVP and Barca will have a the funds to make us a serious offer.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:
I have a friend who is a big Barca fan. He tells me the rumors are that this summer they will spend 100 mill Euros. Their #1 target is going to be RvP. We are going to need to get off to a fast start in the transfer market or we run the risk of unsettling RVP and Barca will have a the funds to make us a serious offer.

We came out and said we won't be making a bid for RVP so idk what he's talking about...

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:

I know this guy who has a friend who goes on the internet. He said Aston Villa is getting Messi.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barca should go all out for Thiago Silva and Gareth Bale.

Bale is a perfect LB for Barca's system (would be the LB verison of Alves) and Silva gives them a natural defender.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

Bale is a perfect LB for Barca's system (would be the LB verison of Alves) and Silva gives them a natural defender.

I have said it before, but Bale is and would continue to be a terrible LB. He can't tackle, doesn't track back, has no discipline and in terms of being a defender he hasn't played LB for years. I know in Barcelona's formation it's a bit different, however, it was Alves acting like a right winger that has seriously cost Barcelona in the big games this season. Imagine how weak they would be defensively with two players who want to do nothing but bomb forward the whole game.

Couple that with the fact that Levy will not be taken advantage of, I find it hard to believe that Barcelona would stump up £35+ million for a left back.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
yankee0724

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

Absolutely not on Bale.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barcelona can't have two defensively irresponsible fullbacks. Especially when Bale doesn't have Alves's pace or stamina.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
Barcelona can't have two defensively irresponsible fullbacks. Especially when Bale doesn't have Alves's pace or stamina.

Not sure if SERIUSSSSSSSSSSSS?

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:

Not sure if SERIUSSSSSSSSSSSS?

Alves is a freak of physical fitness. Bale is superb in that regard, but Alves is another level all together. His entire defensive game is based on his awareness of how much space he's given up, and his ability to sprint back and make a block. It looks like last ditch defending, but it's always controlled. Bale can't do that.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bale has wayyyyy more pace. Defending is obviously advantage Alves but he's definitely not faster.

Deadpulse on the sig
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Bale has wayyyyy more pace. Defending is obviously advantage Alves but he's definitely not faster.

Acceleration is what I meant, not pace. My bad. I feel Alves is more explosive. Doesn't change the fact that Bale is no where near disciplined enough to defend.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: