Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason #3: Oakland Raiders at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Preseason #3: Oakland Raiders at Arizona Cardinals Reply with quote

Teams: Oakland Raiders, Arizona Cardinals
Date: August 17th, 2012
Time: 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
TV: ABC Local

As stated a few times here in the Cardinals forum, Kevin Kolb will be making the start this week against the Raiders. Let's pray to god he does better than the last time he started.

It was also just announced by Ken Whisenhunt that D'Anthony Batiste will make the start at RT this week. You all know how I feel about that...

Last edited by stchamp98 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honestly not sure if Batiste can be any worse than Bridges has been so far this season. The most disappointing thing about that move is the lack of pressure being put on by Massie.

I want to see Fleming start with the #1 defense an an outside corner vs Oakland, I don't think it will happen despite the work he is putting in there, but Gay is very good in the slot, Fleming has been our best DB across the first two preseason games and Adams is not a good cover man.

Pressure will be on the defense this week, the Raiders posted 0 points against the Cowboys in their first hit out.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
iRobot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Preseason #3: Oakland Raiders at Arizona Cardinals Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

As stated a few times here in the Cardinals forum, Kevin Kolb will be making the start this week against the Raiders. Let's pray to god he does better than the last time he started.

It was also just announced by Ken Whisenhunt that D'Anthony Batiste will make the start at RT this week. You all know how I feel about that...

What's concerning is Batiste either got there because Bridges just sucks so far and Massie isn't ready to step in OR Batiste has been impressive. I find the latter hard to believe.

Really hope it's just a message to Bridges. And really want Massie to step up and work out at RT.

Ryan Williams may get some carries too, which may help Kolb out.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I am honestly not sure if Batiste can be any worse than Bridges has been so far this season. The most disappointing thing about that move is the lack of pressure being put on by Massie.

I want to see Fleming start with the #1 defense an an outside corner vs Oakland, I don't think it will happen despite the work he is putting in there, but Gay is very good in the slot, Fleming has been our best DB across the first two preseason games and Adams is not a good cover man.

Pressure will be on the defense this week, the Raiders posted 0 points against the Cowboys in their first hit out.

Batiste is no worse then Bridges. ANother thing to keep in mind is that Bridges is working at backup RG. Could this be a sign to motivate Snyder because of his poor play as of late? Could he be replaced this early in camp?

I think they are just biding their time with Massie, I heard that he'll be back with the second team this weekend after playing little a week ago due to his turf toe.

We've got three more preseason games to go, plus another full week of practice after that. More than enough time for Massie to continue to improve and learn the playbook. If we didn't think he could seaze the job sooner rather than later, then youd think theyd be scaling the waiver wire looking for some kind of help. I still think there is a good chance he'll be starting week one. If not then shortly after.

Fleming should receive a good amount of reps, and I'm confident, after seeing the Oakland WRs Monday night, that our DBs should fare well. Their guys can fly, but aren't great route runners and have suspect hands.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this posted anywhere not good for Toler.

-- Cornerback Greg Toler tweaked his right knee in practice Tuesday afternoon and left midway through. Toler suffered a torn ACL in his left knee last year.

Toler walked off with an athletic trainer, which is a good sign. But there is no word on the injury. Outside linebacker Brandon Williams also left practice early with an injury. I'm not sure what that was.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/169329

Daboyle250: Sig
KCWolf1: Avatar
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:

Batiste is no worse then Bridges. ANother thing to keep in mind is that Bridges is working at backup RG. Could this be a sign to motivate Snyder because of his poor play as of late? Could he be replaced this early in camp?

I think they are just biding their time with Massie, I heard that he'll be back with the second team this weekend after playing little a week ago due to his turf toe.

We've got three more preseason games to go, plus another full week of practice after that. More than enough time for Massie to continue to improve and learn the playbook. If we didn't think he could seaze the job sooner rather than later, then youd think theyd be scaling the waiver wire looking for some kind of help. I still think there is a good chance he'll be starting week one. If not then shortly after.

Fleming should receive a good amount of reps, and I'm confident, after seeing the Oakland WRs Monday night, that our DBs should fare well. Their guys can fly, but aren't great route runners and have suspect hands.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone with the capability of helping this OL will be released so early in the preseason. Based on what I've heard from Ravens fans though, once they get down to 53, they'll likely have been forced to released some decent talent we might want to look at. Can't remember any specific names, but think they were interior linemen. As for Batiste, I don't know the reasoning for starting him, but I really hope it's because he's started to perform well. {Fingers crossed}

In their game vs. the Cowboys, the Raiders got pressure on the QB, so I'm mostly curious how the OL, QB's, & RB's fare vs their pass rush. I also don't fear their WR's, but Moore is one who definitely deserves respect. If all of their starting OL plays, the Cards run D may also get tested a lot. Given it's the 3rd game of preseason, I'll be starting to look more at how each group plays instead of individual players as I think they should be starting to come together around now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited to see my first Cardinals preseason game. I have been moving from Florida back to Arizona and missed the first two games and I am excited to see how this team is doing.

Justo on the sig
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
I am excited to see my first Cardinals preseason game. I have been moving from Florida back to Arizona and missed the first two games and I am excited to see how this team is doing.

Hopefully they give a good showing, seeing that this is their first home game and since the team has been yelled at for the last few weeks for poor showings.
Bloodlustt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Dockett smash Leinart today... HAHA! Cards are pissed... Oakland has no idea what's coming....
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Day... FEELS GOOOD! LETS DO IT CARDS!
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to watch for skeletor and Ru williams

matthouston91 made it!
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

The Cards not dressing: WR Roberts, WR Byrd, RB Wells, CB Adams, CB Toler, RB LSH, FB Crank, LB Schofield, LB Lenon, TE King #AZvsOAK

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:

1. Denarius Moore didn't play.
2. Nothing wrong with Ford or DHB (only played one series) hands, Ford had a bad game obviously but getting open wasn't the problem.

Criner struggled, and the UDFA Streater had a great night and caught everything. Although Moore won't play tonight, our Receivers are nothing to sleep on, and if your DB's do, they'll get smoked

with that said....Good luck, hopefully there is no injuries.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodlustt wrote:
I want to see Dockett smash Leinart today... HAHA! Cards are pissed... Oakland has no idea what's coming....

Good Luck Very Happy This won't be the Oakland defense everybody is accustomed to...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect Matty to burn us in the "Whiz Revenge" game.

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: