Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cedric Benson: Detroit Tried to Sign Me
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Cedric Benson: Detroit Tried to Sign Me Reply with quote

I found this extremely interesting:
Pride of Detroit wrote:
Benson said that the Lions and Oakland Raiders tried to sign him before he got an offer from the Packers. Why didn't he sign with Detroit or Oakland?

"They talk about a Super Bowl around here, not about winning their first playoff game," Benson said earlier in the interview.

We, apparently, tried to sign Benson before the Packers did. Should we read into that at all?

Team Stylish
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to crush him.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Can't wait to crush him.

Wasn't too hard to do when he was playing with Chicago.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't read into it much except for the fact that Best is probably not ready to go. But, I think most of us already realize that.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I wouldn't read into it much except for the fact that Best is probably not ready to go. But, I think most of us already realize that.

At this point, though, wouldn't Benson fill more of the Leshoure/Williams/Smith role?

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

At this point, though, wouldn't Benson fill more of the Leshoure/Williams/Smith role?

Yes. Personally I'd play Leshoure and maybe Smith before Benson at this point. If Williams is the Williams we saw in the Pre-Season game on a regular basis going forward (which I don't expect) then I'd probably go with him before Benson as well. But, with the question marks surrounding everyone the Lions may have been looking to add someone who has had some success and who they know what type of RB he is and what he can offer. Although, he's not a super great option.
carlande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Well, yeah, but that would be our feature back role. I don't think Best can be the feature back anymore. He's not built for that and can't handle a full workload when runningbacks take incedental shots to the head alot by LBs coming out of the hole. Benson has been a consistent workhorse back, something Green Bay needed worse than the Lions from what I've read. I think Smith (as long as he stays healthy) can play the same role. I'm not high on LeShoure right now (pun intended).
tytalton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric pulling out the bulletin board material in the preseason! Good job man - it's nice to see some things never change.

Why not just say 'I'm looking forward to never having a run called back for holding this year with the Pack!' and leave it alone....
Pool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benson is an arrogant pos. It's sadly funny that a no nothing RB like him would talk trash about any team. Someone let him know there's a reason he has had a marginal NFL career and is being signed after the preseason has already started.
tytalton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll fit right in with the packers
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay can have him. Im not even convinced he would make this team regardless of off the field problems. It's not like teams have been blowing up his phone, if we wanted him we would have him.

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
Green Bay can have him. Im not even convinced he would make this team regardless of off the field problems. It's not like teams have been blowing up his phone, if we wanted him we would have him.

Lions came out and said they never had interest in him. Benson never responded back. Sounds like he tried falsely using other teams to make himself look wanted.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Lions came out and said they never had interest in him. Benson never responded back. Sounds like he tried falsely using other teams to make himself look wanted.

Class act. Did he release this statement before or after GB signed him?

IDOG_det wrote:

Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

I believe it was while the Packers were interested (AFTER Starks got injured in the preseason).
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

I believe it was while the Packers were interested (AFTER Starks got injured in the preseason).

Haha, he probably did this to increase interest in the Packers and Chargers camps.

IDOG_det wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: