Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game 2- Detroit Lions @ Baltimore Ravens 08/17/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
can't believe how anyone could trust fox for anything more than depth. ever. and riley ain't looking like nothin but a guard at this point. im not happy about this game at all. i saw alot of just avg/bad. im not givn a dam what you can do against another teams 2nd string. we really need to figure out how to get the offence started out faster. glad its only ps right now...

Reiff is a rookie and has only tasted NFL practice for a little over a month, give him some time before you dub him a guard.

He is a mauler tho

Even if worst case scenario is that he turns out to be a guard... big deal. The Lions need a guard anyway.

Exactly. Some were pissed we picked Reiff over DeCastro who is only a guard. If Reiff turns into a guard, so what. People are taking a couple preseason games way to seriously.

He wont be happy regardless of what they do. Never is.

Reiff has looked amazing for a rookie. I simply dont see anything wrong with what he has done to this point.

Very happy with that pick. Broyles looked great too. Another great
pick
just like you wont be happy if you dont think your the only one who knows what hes talkin about...do you even know what your talking about??...did i bash any player? if your worried about how i feel training camp/preseason is going, you need a new hobby. ill be happy when they do what they say.how has riley looked amazing to you? id love an experts opinion..

You make some valid points. I too would like to see RR get some time at LT. And as good as Fox looks, he's too injury prone to count on as a starter. I think both players will help the OL, but neither may be the long term solution for LT. Taylor Lewan, come on down. That said, I'm happy with RR and Broyles.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
can't believe how anyone could trust fox for anything more than depth. ever. and riley ain't looking like nothin but a guard at this point. im not happy about this game at all. i saw alot of just avg/bad. im not givn a dam what you can do against another teams 2nd string. we really need to figure out how to get the offence started out faster. glad its only ps right now...

Reiff is a rookie and has only tasted NFL practice for a little over a month, give him some time before you dub him a guard.

He is a mauler tho

Even if worst case scenario is that he turns out to be a guard... big deal. The Lions need a guard anyway.

Exactly. Some were pissed we picked Reiff over DeCastro who is only a guard. If Reiff turns into a guard, so what. People are taking a couple preseason games way to seriously.

Reiff has looked amazing for a rookie. I simply dont see anything wrong with what he has done to this point.

Very happy with that pick. Broyles looked great too. Another great pick
just like you wont be happy if you dont think your the only one who knows what hes talkin about...do you even know what your talking about??...did i bash any player? if your worried about how i feel training camp/preseason is going, you need a new hobby. ill be happy when they do what they say.how has riley looked amazing to you? id love an experts opinion..

Very funny... both of you are right

However I understand the concept of what it takes to coach. Reiff simply being throwin into the fire is not the right way to develop a kid. They are being very smart with him and it is showing. We do not need another Robert Gallery on our hands and this staff understands how to get him ready

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

He is a mauler tho

However I understand the concept of what it takes to coach. Reiff simply being throwin into the fire is not the right way to develop a kid. They are being very smart with him and it is showing. We do not need another Robert Gallery on our hands and this staff understands how to get him ready

Reiff played LT for a lot of the first PS game didn't he?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KILLER LIONZ wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

He is a mauler tho

I think he's talking about him not starting off as a starter, i dont think he's talking about which position he's playing.

R.I.P. Stylish
KILLER LIONZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
KILLER LIONZ wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

He is a mauler tho

I think he's talking about him not starting off as a starter, i dont think he's talking about which position he's playing.

Oh I thought he was complaining that Fox is getting 2nd team LT reps over Reiff.
Reiff looked very strong in the first game, but he also looked like he had the quick feet to play LT. I didn't get to see the second game but I really like what I saw from him in the first one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KILLER LIONZ wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
KILLER LIONZ wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

He is a mauler tho

Oh I thought he was complaining that Fox is getting 2nd team LT reps over Reiff.
Reiff looked very strong in the first game, but he also looked like he had the quick feet to play LT. I didn't get to see the second game but I really like what I saw from him in the first one.

He basically wants to throw him to the wolves from day 1. That is recipe for disaster 101.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

He basically wants to throw him to the wolves from day 1. That is recipe for disaster 101.
yeah, you need to give him time to learn what the OL coach wants and he needs to work on footwork everyday. Let him work his way up the ladder and let him learn everyday.

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

yeah, you need to give him time to learn what the OL coach wants and he needs to work on footwork everyday. Let him work his way up the ladder and let him learn everyday.

Exactly. Moving him around here and there is not hurting anything. In fact we do this a lot with our OLINE so they learn what other guys on the line have to do. Knowing everyone elses job can make you better at your own

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He basically wants to throw him to the wolves from day 1. That is recipe for disaster 101.[/quote]

In all fairness, I think he"s only saying he'd like to see more of RR at LT. Backus is going to start so throwing RR to the wolves is clearly not what he is suggesting. I suspect RR is playing on the right side because that's where he is most likely to start. Backus, Sims, DR, Rieff, and Cherllus could start the season. I would be happy with this OL.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Cat wrote:

In all fairness, I think he"s only saying he'd like to see more of RR at LT. Backus is going to start so throwing RR to the wolves is clearly not what he is suggesting. I suspect RR is playing on the right side because that's where he is most likely to start. Backus, Sims, DR, Rieff, and Cherllus could start the season. I would be happy with this OL.[/quote]ya..im not talking about him starting at LT. im saying when the 2nd team comes in his time/development should be at LT. they drafted him for that purpose. why waste the time on fox now? and like someone said he played fine the 1st ps game why change it. if they think hes not ready for LT fine but this is ps, he needs the time ther.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is RR going to develop his pass protection if hes playing guard? sorry but im not getting it. if it aint LT or RT im confused as to why we drafted him in the first place. everyone of them were crowning him as LTOTF but ther are moving him around? if backus gets hurt you really putting fox in ther? you trust injury prone fox to gaurd your franchise...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very advantageous to have versatile offensive lineman. I'd think that if Backus, Sims, Peterman, or Goz get's hurt, Reiff will probably be the one to replace them.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
It is very advantageous to have versatile offensive lineman. I'd think that if Backus, Sims, Peterman, or Goz get's hurt, Reiff will probably be the one to replace them.

Versatility is never a bad thing. I like that they are moving him around now. I hope in game 3 and even in 4 they start to stabilize him a bit though

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
When he retires I will be very upset if the Lions don't do something extraordinary for him.

Absolutely. He seriously deserves to have his number retired.

IMO this is ludicrous. Regardless of how great he has been and for how long, at the end of the day he is still a kicker. Are there any kickers numbers retired in the NFL? Not only that, but pressure kicks in the playoffs are the most important aspect of kicking. (I should know, I was the kicker for my hs team and we lost by 1. I missed 2 XP and 1 fg and never kicked again). I can't believe Cundiff is still in the equation in BAL...

It would take something extraordinary like a 55 yard fg as time expires to win by 2 in the SB for him to change my mind. I hope that happens Razz

EDIT: my hs game I was referring to was our homecoming game Mad

Sorry but I don't understand your line of thinking.

First off, Hanson should be measured against other kickers not against QB, RB and WR.

He is one of the best to ever play the position and should also be recognized for his longevity and loyalty.

I have never bought into the concept of positional importance. The man can only do what he is asked to do and Hanson has done it at a high level for a very long time.

Don't get me wrong, he should be in the HOF and probably will be on his first ballot. But there is a reason there are no kickers' numbers retired in the NFL. They're.... kickers. Im probably going to get bashed for what im about to say, but as a former kicker and DT, i understand the difference between being a football player and being a kicker. Kicking is important, but all they do is kick a ball (don't give me the "occasional stop" on kick returns rebuke). Having a long career kicking a ball is not impressive to me. His number should not be retired IMO.

I think that since he was one of our only bright spot for years of darkness, some of our older fans are inclined to think highly of him to the point of retiring his number. Im a young man and vaguely remember the Barry days. Don't misunderstand- I do recognise his greatness (as a kicker). At the end of the day, however, he's still a kicker...

I would like to see what some fans outside our fan base think on the discussion.

Poll is at 23-11 in favor of number being retired. 6 of those votes are the HOF/Retire number nature.

I dont agree with HOF yet but still over 2/3 in favor of it being retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
how is RR going to develop his pass protection if hes playing guard? sorry but im not getting it. if it aint LT or RT im confused as to why we drafted him in the first place. everyone of them were crowning him as LTOTF but ther are moving him around? if backus gets hurt you really putting fox in ther? you trust injury prone fox to gaurd your franchise...

I completely agree with your point here: although Reiff as a RG this year would likely be an upgrade, I'd rather he focus solely at LT. He needs to be groomed as the future, not focusing on one position, just to try and pick up LT if Backus leaves this offseason.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: