Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 2- Rams vs Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Preseason: Game 2- Rams vs Chiefs Reply with quote

Rams

VS

Chiefs

What I'm Looking for

Cohesion

Last week I felt the Rams didn't play well as a group, rather just individuals doing their assignments. This week I really want to see the team play as a unit and properly play the schemes. This means no errors from the O-line, and no slip screens for touchdowns on the first play of the game.

Chris Givens

When healthy, Donnie Avery was the receiver to stretch the field. Now there is Chris Givens, and I personally want to see if he's an upgraded version. We know he can run, but now I want to see if he can locate the ball and make some plays.

Isiah Pead

I'd like to see what he can do without 3-4 defenders meeting him at the line of scrimmage. He shows burst, vision, and speed. I think this kid could have some promise.

The OLB's

They played decently last week, but I want to see some improvements. I feel there were some assignments blown, which shouldn't happen when the front 4 is playing great.

Brandon Gibson

I've heard he's having a great camp...now I want to see if he's going to be able to back it up on the field. He had a great camp last year and...well...

Specials Teams

This unit looked GREAT last week. I want to see if this is something I can get used to, or if it's just a fluke.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be watching the O-Line, and yea everyone knows about the RT battle, thats an obvious one, but Im more interested in other things. The Chiefs bring much more Beef along their D-Line than the Colts did (a very finesse team).

The LG spot could very well be decided with this game. Probably not, but I see major separation coming. Especially as I see it as eventually being Rok Watkins, this match up should really separate him from Ojinaka. This is a great test for the 2 as it will show what we want our Starting Guard to be, a force in the middle.

Id also like to see more of Murphy at Safety, and potentially the Duo of Stewart/Murphy out there together. As well as some more combinations at OLB to see which is the most solid/reliably, and which is the most dynamic/playmakers
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Mr. Watkins starting at LG and getting significant PT. I'd also like to see Givens out there with Bradford.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
CalifornianRam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to see quick become our number 1 wr. i think last week everyone was nervous as hell going into the game and this week it shouldnt be so bad hopefully get a better look from everyone. i want to see special teams because i think it can be our saving grace this year and i mean our D will hold them our O will struggle a bit and then something amazing will happen with our special team unit be it a punt return or kickoff return for tds.
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalifornianRam wrote:
i want to see quick become our number 1 wr. i think last week everyone was nervous as hell going into the game and this week it shouldnt be so bad hopefully get a better look from everyone. i want to see special teams because i think it can be our saving grace this year and i mean our D will hold them our O will struggle a bit and then something amazing will happen with our special team unit be it a punt return or kickoff return for tds.

Heard that Quick is having problems with the playbook.
What we saw last week was all sheer god given athleticability.
Which is amazing.. He just needs more polishing, normal from a
kid coming from a App state. I want to see our corners with these talented chiefs WR's... Also, how our LB's handle that potent running game.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good game, hopefully Smith starts at RT cuz Richardson last week was horrible (thats putting it nicely). Wanna see what Steve Smith can do against a real corner who isnt named Justin King.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I will be watching the O-Line, and yea everyone knows about the RT battle, thats an obvious one, but Im more interested in other things. The Chiefs bring much more Beef along their D-Line than the Colts did (a very finesse team).

The LG spot could very well be decided with this game. Probably not, but I see major separation coming. Especially as I see it as eventually being Rok Watkins, this match up should really separate him from Ojinaka. This is a great test for the 2 as it will show what we want our Starting Guard to be, a force in the middle.

Id also like to see more of Murphy at Safety, and potentially the Duo of Stewart/Murphy out there together. As well as some more combinations at OLB to see which is the most solid/reliably, and which is the most dynamic/playmakers

I talked to Murphhy on Twitter, he sais he hasn't played Safety at all. Shocked Shocked

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

Heard that Quick is having problems with the playbook.
What we saw last week was all sheer god given athleticability.
Which is amazing.. He just needs more polishing, normal from a
kid coming from a App state. I want to see our corners with these talented chiefs WR's... Also, how our LB's handle that potent running game.

From reports, Quick had a pretty damn good week of practice and according to Bradford "the light came on" for Quick so hopefully he can keep improving.

El Ramster on this beaut!
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

I talked to Murphhy on Twitter, he sais he hasn't played Safety at all. Shocked Shocked
call it what you want, he was in the safety role. Up at the LOS, stuffing the run, he might have been in the "Nickel" spot, but he was playing the safety role.
yrba1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mikell continues to struggle in this new scheme, hopefully we can trade him to the Saints for a 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.
Brodie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
If Mikell continues to struggle in this new scheme, hopefully we can trade him to the Saints for a 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.

Doubt we can get anything near that for him. He is an old safety that was never all that great to begin with. Could see him being cut after the season is over if he doesnt win the starting job.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
yrba1 wrote:

Doubt we can get anything near that for him. He is an old safety that was never all that great to begin with. Could see him being cut after the season is over if he doesnt win the starting job.

He's a multiple time All Pro. Laughing

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
yrba1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
yrba1 wrote:

He did well in Spags and Sean McDermott's system. I guess that makes the Panthers a viable candidate as well.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

call it what you want, he was in the safety role. Up at the LOS, stuffing the run, he might have been in the "Nickel" spot, but he was playing the safety role.

Lol what? There's a big difference between the nickle and a safety. If you're gonna say there isn't, because he was at the line of scrimmage, then you might as well say that every OLB is in a safety role. They're at the line right? They stuff the run, heck, they even play in coverage.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Brodie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
yrba1 wrote:

He's a multiple time All Pro. Laughing

You right just looked it up. Lol maybe a pick isnt out the question then

Adopt-A-Ram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: