Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason: Game 2- Rams vs Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ramsfan28


Moderator
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 6958
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Preseason: Game 2- Rams vs Chiefs Reply with quote


Rams



VS

Chiefs






What I'm Looking for

Cohesion

Last week I felt the Rams didn't play well as a group, rather just individuals doing their assignments. This week I really want to see the team play as a unit and properly play the schemes. This means no errors from the O-line, and no slip screens for touchdowns on the first play of the game.


Chris Givens

When healthy, Donnie Avery was the receiver to stretch the field. Now there is Chris Givens, and I personally want to see if he's an upgraded version. We know he can run, but now I want to see if he can locate the ball and make some plays.


Isiah Pead

I'd like to see what he can do without 3-4 defenders meeting him at the line of scrimmage. He shows burst, vision, and speed. I think this kid could have some promise.


The OLB's

They played decently last week, but I want to see some improvements. I feel there were some assignments blown, which shouldn't happen when the front 4 is playing great.


Brandon Gibson

I've heard he's having a great camp...now I want to see if he's going to be able to back it up on the field. He had a great camp last year and...well...


Specials Teams

This unit looked GREAT last week. I want to see if this is something I can get used to, or if it's just a fluke.
_________________


Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF


ViolentMonk71 wrote:


We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7572
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be watching the O-Line, and yea everyone knows about the RT battle, thats an obvious one, but Im more interested in other things. The Chiefs bring much more Beef along their D-Line than the Colts did (a very finesse team).

The LG spot could very well be decided with this game. Probably not, but I see major separation coming. Especially as I see it as eventually being Rok Watkins, this match up should really separate him from Ojinaka. This is a great test for the 2 as it will show what we want our Starting Guard to be, a force in the middle.


Id also like to see more of Murphy at Safety, and potentially the Duo of Stewart/Murphy out there together. As well as some more combinations at OLB to see which is the most solid/reliably, and which is the most dynamic/playmakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43859
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Mr. Watkins starting at LG and getting significant PT. I'd also like to see Givens out there with Bradford.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalifornianRam


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Posts: 470
Location: Porterville, California
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to see quick become our number 1 wr. i think last week everyone was nervous as hell going into the game and this week it shouldnt be so bad hopefully get a better look from everyone. i want to see special teams because i think it can be our saving grace this year and i mean our D will hold them our O will struggle a bit and then something amazing will happen with our special team unit be it a punt return or kickoff return for tds.
_________________
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/jotto89/SamBradfordsig2.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 36023
Location: PAUL GEORGE'S BED!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalifornianRam wrote:
i want to see quick become our number 1 wr. i think last week everyone was nervous as hell going into the game and this week it shouldnt be so bad hopefully get a better look from everyone. i want to see special teams because i think it can be our saving grace this year and i mean our D will hold them our O will struggle a bit and then something amazing will happen with our special team unit be it a punt return or kickoff return for tds.


Heard that Quick is having problems with the playbook.
What we saw last week was all sheer god given athleticability.
Which is amazing.. He just needs more polishing, normal from a
kid coming from a App state. I want to see our corners with these talented chiefs WR's... Also, how our LB's handle that potent running game.
_________________

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1621
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good game, hopefully Smith starts at RT cuz Richardson last week was horrible (thats putting it nicely). Wanna see what Steve Smith can do against a real corner who isnt named Justin King.
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3126
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I will be watching the O-Line, and yea everyone knows about the RT battle, thats an obvious one, but Im more interested in other things. The Chiefs bring much more Beef along their D-Line than the Colts did (a very finesse team).

The LG spot could very well be decided with this game. Probably not, but I see major separation coming. Especially as I see it as eventually being Rok Watkins, this match up should really separate him from Ojinaka. This is a great test for the 2 as it will show what we want our Starting Guard to be, a force in the middle.


Id also like to see more of Murphy at Safety, and potentially the Duo of Stewart/Murphy out there together. As well as some more combinations at OLB to see which is the most solid/reliably, and which is the most dynamic/playmakers


I talked to Murphhy on Twitter, he sais he hasn't played Safety at all. Shocked Shocked
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
bluesfreak74


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 1738
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:
i want to see quick become our number 1 wr. i think last week everyone was nervous as hell going into the game and this week it shouldnt be so bad hopefully get a better look from everyone. i want to see special teams because i think it can be our saving grace this year and i mean our D will hold them our O will struggle a bit and then something amazing will happen with our special team unit be it a punt return or kickoff return for tds.


Heard that Quick is having problems with the playbook.
What we saw last week was all sheer god given athleticability.
Which is amazing.. He just needs more polishing, normal from a
kid coming from a App state. I want to see our corners with these talented chiefs WR's... Also, how our LB's handle that potent running game.


From reports, Quick had a pretty damn good week of practice and according to Bradford "the light came on" for Quick so hopefully he can keep improving.
_________________


El Ramster on this beaut!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7572
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
I will be watching the O-Line, and yea everyone knows about the RT battle, thats an obvious one, but Im more interested in other things. The Chiefs bring much more Beef along their D-Line than the Colts did (a very finesse team).

The LG spot could very well be decided with this game. Probably not, but I see major separation coming. Especially as I see it as eventually being Rok Watkins, this match up should really separate him from Ojinaka. This is a great test for the 2 as it will show what we want our Starting Guard to be, a force in the middle.


Id also like to see more of Murphy at Safety, and potentially the Duo of Stewart/Murphy out there together. As well as some more combinations at OLB to see which is the most solid/reliably, and which is the most dynamic/playmakers


I talked to Murphhy on Twitter, he sais he hasn't played Safety at all. Shocked Shocked
call it what you want, he was in the safety role. Up at the LOS, stuffing the run, he might have been in the "Nickel" spot, but he was playing the safety role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yrba1


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1274
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mikell continues to struggle in this new scheme, hopefully we can trade him to the Saints for a 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.
_________________
♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1621
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
If Mikell continues to struggle in this new scheme, hopefully we can trade him to the Saints for a 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.


Doubt we can get anything near that for him. He is an old safety that was never all that great to begin with. Could see him being cut after the season is over if he doesnt win the starting job.
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43859
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
If Mikell continues to struggle in this new scheme, hopefully we can trade him to the Saints for a 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.


Doubt we can get anything near that for him. He is an old safety that was never all that great to begin with. Could see him being cut after the season is over if he doesnt win the starting job.


He's a multiple time All Pro. Laughing
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yrba1


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1274
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
If Mikell continues to struggle in this new scheme, hopefully we can trade him to the Saints for a 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.


Doubt we can get anything near that for him. He is an old safety that was never all that great to begin with. Could see him being cut after the season is over if he doesnt win the starting job.


He did well in Spags and Sean McDermott's system. I guess that makes the Panthers a viable candidate as well.
_________________
♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I <3 Faulk


Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 1908
Location: straight out of Compton.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
I will be watching the O-Line, and yea everyone knows about the RT battle, thats an obvious one, but Im more interested in other things. The Chiefs bring much more Beef along their D-Line than the Colts did (a very finesse team).

The LG spot could very well be decided with this game. Probably not, but I see major separation coming. Especially as I see it as eventually being Rok Watkins, this match up should really separate him from Ojinaka. This is a great test for the 2 as it will show what we want our Starting Guard to be, a force in the middle.


Id also like to see more of Murphy at Safety, and potentially the Duo of Stewart/Murphy out there together. As well as some more combinations at OLB to see which is the most solid/reliably, and which is the most dynamic/playmakers


I talked to Murphhy on Twitter, he sais he hasn't played Safety at all. Shocked Shocked
call it what you want, he was in the safety role. Up at the LOS, stuffing the run, he might have been in the "Nickel" spot, but he was playing the safety role.


Lol what? There's a big difference between the nickle and a safety. If you're gonna say there isn't, because he was at the line of scrimmage, then you might as well say that every OLB is in a safety role. They're at the line right? They stuff the run, heck, they even play in coverage.
_________________
geuax saints wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:
I am literally laughing out loud. Genius!

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1621
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
If Mikell continues to struggle in this new scheme, hopefully we can trade him to the Saints for a 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.


Doubt we can get anything near that for him. He is an old safety that was never all that great to begin with. Could see him being cut after the season is over if he doesnt win the starting job.


He's a multiple time All Pro. Laughing


You right just looked it up. Lol maybe a pick isnt out the question then
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group