Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

~PRESEASON WK 1. Cowboys at Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

There are legitimate excuses for Pryor just as there are any rookie QB. However he needs to get better but has at least shown promise he can contribute.


When? I missed this.....

Control of the huddle, players seemed to follow him, made some good throws. Seemed to be able to go through progressions and read the defenses. The obvious ability to extend the play. And most of all the lights didnt seem to big for him. Yes he had some bad throws but so did every QB playing yesterday.

This is part of what I was talking about last week. Manning throws into coverage or has wobbly passes and its no big deal. Someone else does it and they shouldnt be a QB. Makes no sense.

I dont want Pryor to be the starter, I want him to make progress and take over the #2 role by the start of the 13 season and progress from there. From what I saw in 1 game if he continues to improve and with a better OL and WR's, not to mention a running game I think he can be effective.


Well I hope teammates listen to the QB. They're trying to make the roster also and not listening to the QB isn't a good way to do it. I don't care if that QB is Abe Vigoda, I'm listening to him and behind him if he's the QB. It's more a sheep thing than a "control" thing.

I mean, I guess he did all those things you listed but why not list the bad things?? He has no pocket presence (confirmed), he looked to be unsure of his arm, he looked very timid, his mechanics were terrible, he wanted to run before he wanted to throw, his accuracy was god awful (you spoke of him making some bad throws but his were 90% of the throws he made, others not so much) and I could go on.

You can't compare Pryor to Manning. Manning is something..... one of the greatest ever. He can get excused for those throws b/c he's shown he's Peyton Manning. Pryor is an overrated QB coming out of college that wasn't even very good in the first place and people think he's somehow going to magically get it.

FACT: He was downright terrible, awful, embarrassing, whatever you want to call it, against practice squaders and third stringers. No excuses. Pathetic.

I hope you don't want those things too bad b/c if he keeps this up, Crazy Three-Named guy will and should become our third stringer.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

There are legitimate excuses for Pryor just as there are any rookie QB. However he needs to get better but has at least shown promise he can contribute.


When? I missed this.....


Those big hands can carry larger water bottles.


LOL for real. He's fast too so he'll be able to get the liquids quicker. Our team will be so rehydrated!!!
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
People need to realise that's the first game Pryor has played in the last 20 months. That's almost 2 years without competitive football for somebody who's been playing damn near every week for years and years.

He's going to continue to improve IMO, because he has the will and drive to do so. His athleticism is a lot more than I originally anticipated. He's crazy athletic.


No, people need to realize this is EXACTLY what he did at OSU and I have spent months trying to tell you people this LOL. "But he won games but he put up big numbers" who gives a crap. He wasn't a very good QB and he's certainly got NO BETTER.

He can be crazy athletic all he wants. Awesome. He NEEDS to be a crazy QB. He'll never be that.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4534
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
People need to realise that's the first game Pryor has played in the last 20 months. That's almost 2 years without competitive football for somebody who's been playing damn near every week for years and years.

He's going to continue to improve IMO, because he has the will and drive to do so. His athleticism is a lot more than I originally anticipated. He's crazy athletic.


No, people need to realize this is EXACTLY what he did at OSU and I have spent months trying to tell you people this LOL. "But he won games but he put up big numbers" who gives a crap. He wasn't a very good QB and he's certainly got NO BETTER.

He can be crazy athletic all he wants. Awesome. He NEEDS to be a crazy QB. He'll never be that.


Never? Ok then, if thats the confidence you have, can you do me and my family a favour and predict the Euro Millions numbers for me, please.
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8904
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

There are legitimate excuses for Pryor just as there are any rookie QB. However he needs to get better but has at least shown promise he can contribute.


When? I missed this.....

Control of the huddle, players seemed to follow him, made some good throws. Seemed to be able to go through progressions and read the defenses. The obvious ability to extend the play. And most of all the lights didnt seem to big for him. Yes he had some bad throws but so did every QB playing yesterday.

This is part of what I was talking about last week. Manning throws into coverage or has wobbly passes and its no big deal. Someone else does it and they shouldnt be a QB. Makes no sense.

I dont want Pryor to be the starter, I want him to make progress and take over the #2 role by the start of the 13 season and progress from there. From what I saw in 1 game if he continues to improve and with a better OL and WR's, not to mention a running game I think he can be effective.


Well I hope teammates listen to the QB. They're trying to make the roster also and not listening to the QB isn't a good way to do it. I don't care if that QB is Abe Vigoda, I'm listening to him and behind him if he's the QB. It's more a sheep thing than a "control" thing.

I mean, I guess he did all those things you listed but why not list the bad things?? He has no pocket presence (confirmed), he looked to be unsure of his arm, he looked very timid, his mechanics were terrible, he wanted to run before he wanted to throw, his accuracy was god awful (you spoke of him making some bad throws but his were 90% of the throws he made, others not so much) and I could go on.

You can't compare Pryor to Manning. Manning is something..... one of the greatest ever. He can get excused for those throws b/c he's shown he's Peyton Manning. Pryor is an overrated QB coming out of college that wasn't even very good in the first place and people think he's somehow going to magically get it.

FACT: He was downright terrible, awful, embarrassing, whatever you want to call it, against practice squaders and third stringers. No excuses. Pathetic.

I hope you don't want those things too bad b/c if he keeps this up, Crazy Three-Named guy will and should become our third stringer.


Some QB's cant do those things especially in their first game.

I never compared him to Manning as a player. I said a bad throw and pick is the same thing no matter who is throwing it. Manning was used as an example of someone the media glosses over as no big deal if he does it.

In all honesty how many 3rd stringers to you really think did better than he did this first pre-season week. He did better than I expected and made some poor throws. Now he needs to improve. He knows he didnt play as well as he could have and said as much. This is a whole different thing then when QB's make mistakes and still say they played well ala JRuss. I am confident he will improve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22611
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot wait until the regular season so we don't have to talk about Pryor anymore. He can sit, learn and we can see if he's grown in 2014 when it will matter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8904
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cannot wait until the regular season so we don't have to talk about Pryor anymore. He can sit, learn and we can see if he's grown in 2014 when it will matter.

Agree. I will stop now unless he does something wonderfull or unforgivable. Its really a non issue conversation unless he does either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
People need to realise that's the first game Pryor has played in the last 20 months. That's almost 2 years without competitive football for somebody who's been playing damn near every week for years and years.

He's going to continue to improve IMO, because he has the will and drive to do so. His athleticism is a lot more than I originally anticipated. He's crazy athletic.


No, people need to realize this is EXACTLY what he did at OSU and I have spent months trying to tell you people this LOL. "But he won games but he put up big numbers" who gives a crap. He wasn't a very good QB and he's certainly got NO BETTER.

He can be crazy athletic all he wants. Awesome. He NEEDS to be a crazy QB. He'll never be that.


Never? Ok then, if thats the confidence you have, can you do me and my family a favour and predict the Euro Millions numbers for me, please.


The odds of me being right about this based off of my knowledge of the kid which spans over many years of close observation are significantly greater than the impossible odds you asked me to give
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22611
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, would like to see Newhall-Cabellero toss a few balls. Here he has a good arm. Might as well give him a shot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tacos


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 1171
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor got us farther than any of our other Quarterbacks, all while scrambling almost instantly, running back 15 feet every time he did scramble, and throwing passes at our receiver's feet. Was pretty ugly play out there from him. He didn't have much help and I want to see more to see if he can improve. It's pre-season so what's it gonna hurt?

More so surprised about the love for King when his poor job handling the ball for field goals cost us the game. I don't want him on the roster come the actual season, we have more important positions to worry about and we have arguably the best kicking unit in the NFL already.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Some QB's cant do those things especially in their first game.

I never compared him to Manning as a player. I said a bad throw and pick is the same thing no matter who is throwing it. Manning was used as an example of someone the media glosses over as no big deal if he does it.

In all honesty how many 3rd stringers to you really think did better than he did this first pre-season week. He did better than I expected and made some poor throws. Now he needs to improve. He knows he didnt play as well as he could have and said as much. This is a whole different thing then when QB's make mistakes and still say they played well ala JRuss. I am confident he will improve.


You're a QB who has hype and you came in against 3rd and practice squaders and stunk it up.....

B/c it isn't a big deal is Manning tosses a bad throw. We all know what he can do. Pryor threw 15 bad throws last night. Aside from the easy pitch and catches he didn't have one accurate throw.

I think out of every game I watched last week, Pryor was the worst QB.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24735
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets all get off Pryor. People who have watched him for an extended period (college) know that he sucks as a passer and hasn't improved at all. If you want to keep faith because he is athletic and works hard, I can't blame you for that.

Lets talk about Dominique Hamilton. That kid played VERY well. He has to be worth a spot on the roster somewhere, reminds me of a young Tommy Kelly (another UDFA we found).
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3656
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when people thought Bruce Campbell was the LT of the future and they were wrong. Trust that the coaches know what they are doing and stop hating on Pryor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9987
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
LOL at the Pryor excuses. This is unbelievable.


+1. He is the Tebow of the Raiders. He's a good runner, terrible passer who people will make excuses for as long as he's in Oakland.

He looked exactly as I would have expected.

Haha you guys seem like the same person some times... two accounts one person? Laughing

Pryor has much more physical ability than Tebow. Both are innaccurate but atleast Pryor doesn't have that long release. Pryor just needs to have more confidence standing in the pocket. It looks like he gets a little nervous when pressure gets close around and it screws up all the mechanics he's being taught. He needs time to adjust to that type of pressure and he needs time to develop accuracy.

What's wrong with giving a rookie time? He's not going to be starting anytime soon so I really don't get what the problem is?
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5935
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cannot wait until the regular season so we don't have to talk about Pryor anymore.


FIFY.

I'm really trying to understand what it is some of our posters see. Hike, stare down the pass rush, GLANCE down field, stare down the pass rush, pat the ball, pat the ball, pat the ball, wait for the pass rush to create a running lane. I saw Tebow's game with less confidence and less accuracy. The major difference between the two is that Tebow KNOWS what he is.

Pryor COULD have a career with the Raiders as a Wildcat/Special teams holder, etc. Everyone in the organizations needs to get on the same page and begin to develop this athletic freak. But every time I read someone embellishing something Pryor isn't I wanna hit myself in the face with a hammer. Yes Pryor did move the ball a little but it was brutal for to watch. For a moment I thought that was Kyle Bollar out there. Isn't that EXACTLY how he played. Lemme guess, Pryor gets a pass because of youth? At least Bollar showed accuracy at Cal, imo this is Pryor game just less effective at an NFL level.
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group