Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When Mikel LeShoure comes back...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
is this fn guy gonna play this week or what? dudes on my nerves. get your butt on the dam field...this is getting stupid with this guy. pretty bad when kevin smith is more dependable than you.

Wow, and people say I get into the preseason.

No need to rush him back if his hamstring isn't ready. That would only turn a injury that could heal in a couple weeks into one that stays with him all year.
its been a couple weeks. gonna send him some pampers. whatever tho kevin smith is the man. need to weed out some of these sissies. pretty sure we cant count on him to last a season, he cant even make it out of TC...

your glass isn't half empty... it's completely empty. I have literally never seen you post anything optimistic, it's always "Mayhew" this or "complain" that. It comes off very dismissive and makes me (and I'm sure others) reluctant to converse with you.

I say this not to insult, but to enlighten.
all i can tell you is dont converse with me then. im the rant man and usually only post what im disliking atm but i have plenty of love for most of the lions lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling he will be pretty good once he plays. He's a pretty quick guy for his size, let's just hope he's still near his college athletic ability.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I get the feeling he will be pretty good once he plays. He's a pretty quick guy for his size, let's just hope he's still near his college athletic ability.
im getting the feeling we are wasting our time on him.injuries/drug issues..not sure his cuts will look as good as they did in college with his leg/achilles issues.that seemed to be how he generated his power was on his cuts.i honestly dont know if an achilles is something you ever fully recover from tho, i hope so. and im not sure why some think its rushing him back. do ya'll think after his suspension they just throw him in the starting lineup? without even one meaningful snap. think id push him now to see how he responds. he will get plenty of rest on his suspension if he needs any. how long are they gonna baby some of these guys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
im getting the feeling we are wasting our time on him.injuries/drug issues..not sure his cuts will look as good as they did in college with his leg/achilles issues.that seemed to be how he generated his power was on his cuts.i honestly dont know if an achilles is something you ever fully recover from tho, i hope so. and im not sure why some think its rushing him back. do ya'll think after his suspension they just throw him in the starting lineup? without even one meaningful snap. think id push him now to see how he responds. he will get plenty of rest on his suspension if he needs any. how long are they gonna baby some of these guys

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we push every player that has an injury to see what we got. We should have about what, 0 starters left by the end of the season?
38andy38

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's to be expected that athletes coming back from knee and ankle injuries will progress through hamstring issues. Its not like Lions players are the only ones who seem to have this problem, it is common throughout sports in general.

TBH with Schwartz's track record for non-disclosure I'm surprised the Lions aren't keeping LeShoure under wraps til after his suspension is served.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
I say we push every player that has an injury to see what we got. We should have about what, 0 starters left by the end of the season?
let the chips fall where they will. im not stackin my roster with a bunch of panzies. its a hamstring dude a hamstring..ive seen guys come back from worse in less time..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
let the chips fall where they will. im not stackin my roster with a bunch of panzies. its a hamstring dude a hamstring..ive seen guys come back from worse in less time..

Dude, it is preseason.... No one in the league is getting rushed back from anything more significant than a hang nail right now.

If you think a pulled hamstring isn't something significant, it's clear you've never played or payed attention to any sports.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

If you could come down from your "manly man soapbox" for a minute, I would suggest it is more important to get the most talented players healthy so they don't get re-injured. Noone is going to be 100% effective if you rush them back all the time and it could even ruin their career. Especially a guy that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet and needs to get his confidence up.

Football is a violent sport. Players get injured. Just have to deal with it regardless of how manly they are.

Should we have given up on Stafford after his rookie season?
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

If you could come down from your "manly man soapbox" for a minute, I would suggest it is more important to get the most talented players healthy so they don't get re-injured. Noone is going to be 100% effective if you rush them back all the time and it could even ruin their career. Especially a guy that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet and needs to get his confidence up.

Football is a violent sport. Players get injured. Just have to deal with it regardless of how manly they are.

He's shown he's pretty ready to give up on the entire organization from the top down

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

1. stafford showed his toughness 2.i could see your point but not in leshoures case. and this is wher he gains that confidence is in preseason not where he might fall on his face in an actual game that means something. if he didnt have the suspension to seat through i could feel that way but them are healing weeks as well. at some point you need to show your team your in it. go check AP and tell me leshoure is injuried...AP has nothing to rush back for ,yet ther he is in the mix. i expect more for a workhorse so called back

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

1. stafford showed his toughness 2.i could see your point but not in leshoures case. and this is wher he gains that confidence is in preseason not where he might fall on his face in an actual game that means something. if he didnt have the suspension to seat through i could feel that way but them are healing weeks as well. at some point you need to show your team your in it. go check AP and tell me leshoure is injuried...AP has nothing to rush back for ,yet ther he is in the mix. i expect more for a workhorse so called back

I'm not calling Stafford weak but before last season Stafford played 1 full season in three years. But you can't compare LeShoure's recovery time to anybody else people just heal differently.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well atleast he didn't get hurt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, reading this thread I see that LeShoure is the new Aaron Berry, the new "never-done-a-damn-thing-yet-is-widely-overrated" player on the Lions. Not sure why everyone thinks this guy has so much potential, he's a slow and lumbering running back who's ok at picking up 3-4 yards a carry but has no real explosive ability. Plus his running style is the exact running style this offensive line as trouble blocking for, someone that needs holes to get past the line because he doesn't have an explosive first step. The Line can't open holes on traditional run plays. He'll be an ok guy to platoon with Smith this year, maybe Best too if he ever sees the field again, that's about it. Smith should be the starter unless Best comes back.

All 3 of them are better than Maurice Morris though, so that's a plus.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
Well, reading this thread I see that LeShoure is the new Aaron Berry, the new "never-done-a-damn-thing-yet-is-widely-overrated" player on the Lions. Not sure why everyone thinks this guy has so much potential, he's a slow and lumbering running back who's ok at picking up 3-4 yards a carry but has no real explosive ability. Plus his running style is the exact running style this offensive line as trouble blocking for, someone that needs holes to get past the line because he doesn't have an explosive first step. The Line can't open holes on traditional run plays. He'll be an ok guy to platoon with Smith this year, maybe Best too if he ever sees the field again, that's about it. Smith should be the starter unless Best comes back.

All 3 of them are better than Maurice Morris though, so that's a plus.
If he hasn't done a damn thing yet then how do you know what he'll do?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: