Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Andrew Hawkins injured

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: WR Andrew Hawkins injured Reply with quote

Numerous outlets are reporting that Bengal slot WR Andrew Hawkins has an ankle injury that may require surgery, and will likely rule him out for the start of the season.

The Bengals have plenty of options like more double TE sets, but will miss the quickness of Hawkins. Sanzenbacher, Whalen and Tate (?!!), have reportedly had good camps, but maybe an opportunity for another versatile speedster like McCalebb ?

Last edited by LondonBengal on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that sucks. We needed him against the Bears who have some bigger CBs and LBs that Hawkins could probably exploit with his speed.

Hope this isn't a season ending injury...
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le sigh. This will be Marvin's excuse to keep Tate, albeit I think Sanzenbacher and Whalen are better options. Either way, the bulk of the plays will go to AJ, Mo, Marvin, Gresham, and Eifert.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvin Lewis said that his injury was very similar to what Kyle Cook had last year, BUT WORSE. But since the injury happened sooner instead of preseason, Hawkins might only miss half of the season instead of all of it. Since hes probably gonna start the year on the PUP list now, the order at WR I think will now be......

A.J Green
Mohamed Sanu
Marvin Jones
Ryan Whalem
Cobi Hamilton
Brandon Tate

As bad as tate has been, id much rather have him than sanzenbacher. I heard yesterday was Andy Daltons favorite target yesterday with 5 catches, so might sneak in if he somehow pulls it together. I would still consider keeping another KR like Onterio McCalebb though, so that way if or when Hawkins is back, Tate can get cut.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God dammit. He's a bigger part of our offense than we think. Probably our second best 'playmaker' outside of AJ.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
God dammit. He's a bigger part of our offense than we think. Probably our second best 'playmaker' outside of AJ.

Hopefully his loss is mitigated by the use of two tight end sets with Eifert and Gresham.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks. I love baby hawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Sucks. I love baby hawk

Agreed. Hurts our home run threat ability. We badly need Bernard this year to be huge

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:

His longest catch after September last year was 19 yards. I agree it sucks to lose him, and I love Baby Hawk as much as anybody, but this shouldn't be a big detriment to the offense as long as the top 5 receiving threats (AJ, Mo, Jones, Gresh, Eifert) and Gio stay healthy.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Marvin Lewis said that his injury was very similar to what Kyle Cook had last year, BUT WORSE. But since the injury happened sooner instead of preseason, Hawkins might only miss half of the season instead of all of it. Since hes probably gonna start the year on the PUP list now, the order at WR I think will now be......

He can't be PUP'd since he practiced, from what i understand.

He can be put on the IR "recall" list though. The same list that the Kyle Cook went on last year.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

He can be put on the IR "recall" list though. The same list that the Kyle Cook went on last year.

Ah ok, I had no idea how the PUP list worked, so now I learned something today.

Well this sucks because now you either put him on the IR recall and miss him for the most of the season, even if hes ready to return soon, or you keep him on the roster and have no choice but to deactivate him for a couple of weeks which can cost a roster spot

Of course thats why this team had so much depth at WR for a reason. 3 Main WR's right now are hurt, So now its time to see whos gonna step up to the plate

Next man up right now.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Well this sucks because now you either put him on the IR recall and miss him for the most of the season, even if hes ready to return soon, or you keep him on the roster and have no choice but to deactivate him for a couple of weeks which can cost a roster spot

Of course thats why this team had so much depth at WR for a reason. 3 Main WR's right now are hurt, So now its time to see whos gonna step up to the plate

Next man up right now.

I can't believe Tate has looked 'good'.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Next man up right now.

This is not the first time he's looked "good" in training camp. He fooled the coaches either last year or the year before into believe he could be the #2. I don't think he saw offensive snaps after the 2nd or 3rd game.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Next man up right now.

The experience is probably a big factor as to why. Its hard to believe that tate is the "veteran" of this WR group

Hes gotta look good in preseason though. He made the roster by default last year because nobody else could step up at WR and he was valuable on special teams.

This year he cant rely on that now, but while hes battling a guy like sanzenbacher for that final WR spot, his chance to make the roster got better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: