Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2: Vikings vs Bills Game Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! First TD of the preseason! Nice route by Jones.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones looks good. That looked like our offense from the beginning of last season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potter 5/5 on touchbacks in the preseason.

^Jamison.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is that Howell kid, he looks great...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham!!!

^Jamison.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY arm strength and Grahams speed is a match made in heaven.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our problems offensively has been our offense is completely obvious the first two games. Redskins we came out throwing and the Redskins knew what was going to happen. Vikings game, Gailey said we were going to run it all week and we did and they expected it. The only drive were we mixed up plays was the TD drive. That is how our offense has to look. Run it out of the shotgun and use lots of play action. That is when we looked our best.

Also Glenn looks great. He just needs to stop the penalties.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how we had both Freddy and CJ in the backfield a lot. we are at least trying to have them both on the field at the same time.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
i like how we had both Freddy and CJ in the backfield a lot. we are at least trying to have them both on the field at the same time.

Those 2 in the back field with Stevie split out wide and Chandler lined up in the slot, that creates a huge mismatch and a headache for DCoords.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:

Those 2 in the back field with Stevie split out wide and Chandler lined up in the slot, that creates a huge mismatch and a headache for DCoords.

if used properly

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the 1st half for the 2nd time. I still haven't seen the 2nd half, but I'll check it out later. After last week's sloppy game, I really was more concerned with how our starters had improved. Fortunately, the offense played better this week. Anyway, just have a few comments on a handful of players.

First, Freddy had me concerned that he was hesitating/playing too cautious on that 1st pass he caught. After that though, any concern I had quickly went away. He's back! Did you guys catch that shoulder Jackson drove into MLB Brinkley as he tried to knock Freddy out of bounds? Bounced Brinkley about 5 yards past the sideline! Laughing

Next, I'll start eating some not-so-tasty crow over Glenn. I've been repeatedly saying I felt he was an OG (maybe RT) that was a longshot to play LT. After watching this game, I think he's gonna be just fine at LT. He just needs to keep working on his discipline to eliminate the false starts and maybe play with a little more intensity on running plays.

Next thought is probably gonna ruffle some feathers around here. I think Sheppard needs to be demoted to backup MLB. He was slow to react, slow of foot, struggled to shed blocks, got blown up repeatedly by the Viking FB's & TE's, and displayed poor tackling technique (missed tackle because he threw a shoulder instead of wrapping up). He certainly didn't look like any sort of "thumper". I think that we might want to consider any combination of the following to start:

WLB - Scott or Barnett
MLB - Moats or Morrison or Barnett
SLB - Barnett or Morrison or Moats

Both Scott & Barnett played very well IMHO and Moats & Morrison looked solid. I also believe we are going to have to address both OLB & MLB in the next offseason due to age & performance/depth, as I now believe this is the weakest part of our D.

Finally, was pleased to see Dareus & Williams manhandling the Vikings interior OL! Play after play they drove those guys backwards! It was awesome! I also was pleasantly surprised at how RT Sam Young played at the end of the 2nd quarter. Good to see we have him for depth. RG Rinehart on the other hand was struggling vs. the Viking 2nd stringers, which was disappointing.

I'm looking forward to watching the 2nd half sometime tomorrow to check out the youngin's!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I didn't notice Shep at all. I don't think I saw any good or bad plays from him. Although Barnett on the other hand struggled a bit. He was just to slow getting to where he was supposed to be. Our Dline was doing their job but Barnett wasn't getting to the holes in time. IMO he needs to lose weight. He put some on for the 3-4 but he struggled Friday night.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
^^^ I didn't notice Shep at all. I don't think I saw any good or bad plays from him. Although Barnett on the other hand struggled a bit. He was just to slow getting to where he was supposed to be. Our Dline was doing their job but Barnett wasn't getting to the holes in time. IMO he needs to lose weight. He put some on for the 3-4 but he struggled Friday night.

Interesting. I started focusing on individual LB'ers after I realized that the only Bills making plays were either DB's or DLmen. It felt almost as if there were no LB'ers on the field! This alarmed me as I figured this would likely be a sign that we would struggle vs. the run this year. Then I started rewinding plays to watch all 2 or 3 LB'ers on each defensive play...

I thought it was hard to miss Shep. He almost looked like he was standing on his heels at the snap of the ball and it usually went downhill from there.

Barnett was slow to react to that 1st TD that Ponder threw, but after that I felt he played a pretty good game. The comment on the NFLN about him being dragged by Gerhart was BS. Barnett tackled him from the side as Gerhart was running...of course his forward momentum got him another 1/2 yard. Rolling Eyes And I'm not trying to be an eternal Beaver supporter regarding him, as I said prior to the draft that we should be looking for his replacement. I doubt he will be an effective starter after this year.

Also, after hearing about how well Moats had been improving, it was nice to actually see it on the field. I thought he reacted quickly and wrapped up when he tackled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: