Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodbye Cam, Hello Andrew
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck wont throw the amount of picks and make the amount of bad decisions that Cam Newton did as a rookie. I expect him to make all the same throws, and at a more efficient rate. Kid is as good as it gets.

Is it safe to say there's never been a pair of consecutive #1 picks, let alone 1st QB's drafted as good as Cam Newton and Andrew Luck? The Panthers and Colts lucked out big time.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At no point did I think Luck wouldn't be better than Cam, although this hasn't proven anything.

Colts fans are too #*$@# lucky...
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams are just implementing a completely new defense and have issues in their back 7, and it's a preseason game where they ran completely vanilla schemes.

Talk about overreaction of the century.

I think Luck is a great kid and wish him well, but part of me hopes he flames out as the GOAT bust just to put these idiotic exaggerations with players just because ESPN hypes them.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck looked great today. Good pocket presence, quick release, accurate, nice zip on the ball. He even showed the ability to escape the pocket, which is important if you don't want to get crushed. He's going to be the real deal.

The only place I would take Newton over Luck is in fantasy football. No offense to Cam, but I would feel more comfortable with Luck. Cam is slightly more physically gifted, but Luck has what it takes between the ears to dissect defenses and maximize his ability.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck might end up being better in the long run. I think he'll be a terrific quarterback in his own right. But as of now, Luck has only performed for half a preseason game. Newton performed at a historical level (first QB to ever go 4000 and 500 not to mention his rookie records) for an entire season.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
I'm at work about an hour away from Indy right now...if you think this topic is a knee-jerk, you should hear some of these people in Indiana today. Luck this, Luck that, you'd think Peyton Manning never existed. lol

I always loved Luck's ability, so this game is no shock to me. I think he's a top five QB in four years...max.

Thats no lie. I live near Indy, and at all three places I have went since the game ended ive heard nothing but did you see Luck today.

Obviously its exciting to Colts fans, I get that, but at the end of the day its one preseason game.

I expect Luck to be great, but you cant take too much from any preseason game, regardless how well or how poor someone plays.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Robert Griffin and Cam Newton are going to be bigger stars than Luck will be.

Robert Griffin would have had a perfect rating in his first preseason game vs the Bills, IF the scab refs had made the right call and called Garçon in on his catch along the sidelines. Griffin and Newton are more marketable athletes, they are more transcending and in bigger markets than Luck.

I think Luck is awesome and he may end up being the best true "quarterback" of the 3, but Griffin and Newton are already bigger stars with all their commercials and endorsements and I expect that to continue.

It was nice seeing Luck out play Sam Bradford in his first game in the pros though, Luck put on a show. Bradford continued to look just average as a qb. I always thought Bradford was just a tad overrated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
x0x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck may have a Manning ceiling, but my money is he's gonna be Bledsoe.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
I think Luck is a great kid and wish him well, but part of me hopes he flames out as the GOAT bust just to put these idiotic exaggerations with players just because ESPN hypes them.

I agree that ESPN exaggerates 90% of the time, but how have they done so with Andrew Luck? He deserves all the praise and expectations that he gets.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it comes down to the view from the public eye. If Newton did this in preseason last year, the hype of being great already would not be as widely considered as it is for Luck right now.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

I agree that ESPN exaggerates 90% of the time, but how have they done so with Andrew Luck? He deserves all the praise and expectations that he gets.

Thats a matter of opinion.

While I do think Luck is one of the best prospect since Manning, if not THE best, he isnt as perfect as ESPN constantly made him out to be.

And the way they talk about him sometimes, you'd think he has already proven he is going to be one of the best QBs in the NFL. Not sure how he "deserves" that praise yet.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems legit.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams were playing very vanilla.. He does look good I will admit..
Still the Arm Strenght is iffy.. If JJ was alert he would have picked off that pass to TY.. I like Luck, money on the accuracy dept.. Love two of his throws..

The One to Quan on the middle and the TD to Collie.
I'm a fan.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Rams were playing very vanilla.. He does look good I will admit..
Still the Arm Strenght is iffy.. If JJ was alert he would have picked off that pass to TY.. I like Luck, money on the accuracy dept.. Love two of his throws..

The One to Quan on the middle and the TD to Collie.
I'm a fan.

Yeah, true. All the pressure the Rams were bringing was from the front 4. Fisher and Williams will bring way more heat in the regular season. Today was vanilla

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: