Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Realistic Season Ending Vent Draft.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3422
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: My Realistic Season Ending Vent Draft. Reply with quote



18th Overall is where we are after seasons end. I'm not THAT happy at the moment but I am excited for this draft which might be the cornerstone draft of this organization.

Before we go onto the mock Let's check out Jason Garrett;s first draft and analyze the players. If any indication has shown from his first draft it;s that his player usually figure it out by thier sophomore season which is why I currently have no one about the 2012 draft class which we will find out this coming season. Be excited. Come on.

2011 Draft

Tyron Smith LT/RT, USC (1st round)

Panned out

Had a good rookie season and really improved as the season went along at the LT position.

Bruce Carter ILB, North Carolina(2nd Round)

Panned out

Didn't do much his rookie season. But went down guns blazing with his injury. At times he looked even better than Sean Lee with his extreme athletic ability. Bright future. Really Bright. Hes a specimen.

Demarco Murray RB, Oklahoma (3rd Round)

Panned out

Bright future. Has been injured, and injured even more. Very hard-working and dedicated player. Needs to fix his random fumbling issues but I would say he was great pick.

Dwayne Harris WR/KR/PR, ECU (6th round)

Panned out

Much like Bruce. Didn't do much his rookie season, even got cut. But seems like he kicked it into a whole new gear this season. With his electric returns in the special teams and gaining Romo's trust more and more on the offense making plays in space. Kid looks like a real steal in from the late rounds.

Busts

Bill Nagy C, Wisconsin (7th Round)

Josh Thomas CB, Buffalo (5th Round)

David Arkin G, Missouri St. (4th Round) UNDECIDED.

Shaun Chapas FB, Georgia (7th Round)

See the trend? This draft was ridicolous in how many valuable players were obtained. Much more they all started to show up in thier sophomore year which the exception of T.Smith and D.Murray.


2013 Dallas Cowboys NFL Mock Draft

John Jenkins NT, Georgia (1st Round 18th Overall) 6'3 326 lb



This pick is a hybrid of need and talent. Hes immovable. Literally I feel like he is the most underrated player in the draft that is considered one of the higher ones. Gap discipline. Busting plays dead. Creating havoc in the backfield. Requiring Double teams constantly. I feel like he is the perfect fit on our defence with Jay-Rat on the down side of his career and our bright young star that was taken away by alcohol. Many people has this guy rated in the 2nd round which im blown away by. No way this is happening

Trent Murphy OLB/DE, Stanford (2nd Round) 6'6 261 lb



Preachin a lil RKG here. Relentless player on the outside. Argubly the top player on the stingy cardinal defence this year. Can compete for OLB or DE starting job depending on the situation. At his best during crunch time. Disruptive player. His 6'6 height and 261 pounds is a ideal measurables added onto his intagibles which is his main attraction. To add to this he is very versatile. Rob Ryan could make really good use of him.

Larry Warford G, Kentucky (3rd Round) 6'3 343 lb



Executes. Efficient. Does his job.Very Smart Player. Will probably be the first thing that people will notice right away when watching his game flim. Adjusts very well to blitzes and is very efficient in his moves during screens which leads to a perfectly executed play on his behalf. Earned AP All-american first team playing from the SEC. That's saying something when you play for a horrible team like Kentucky.

Quinton Patton WR, LTU 6'2 195 lb (4th Round) TO BE CHANGED because his draft stock is shooting up now.



Classic BPA pick. I know some might argue with me why do we need another WR so early? but this guy at this point is too good pass up. Efficient route runner, Great body control, fluid hips, great GAME speed. Is part of the highest scoring offense in nation. His knock is that he didn't face great competition but I think Texas A&M in the SEC had enough of him for one season.

Mike Gillislee RB, Florida (5th Round) 5'11 210 lb



Complimentary back to D.Murray. Smart senior who specializes in third down with his blocking skills an receiving ability in the passing game. Again RKG here, was voted team captain and is a very hard worker.

Tank Carradine DE, Florida St. 6'4 265 lb (6th Round)



Our Injury pick of the year. Was primed to be a 1st-round pick if he came but but suffered a ACL tear against florida where he played injured in the first place. He won't be able to play for the senior bowl or participate in the NFL combine which really kills his draft stock. Has Elite talent and as our last pick of the draft we take a flyer on him. Just stressing Defensive line here. Cause I feel like our safety in Barry Church will be significant enough with slight competition from free agency or Matt Johnson.


That's it folks. I couldn't sleep tonight so I just stayed up most of the night just making this draft for you guys to probably see in the morning. I'm sorry to anyone who reads this and feel bitter about the washington loss but I'm just excited.
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.


Last edited by canadaluvsdalla on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WareWolf94


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 5520
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the team won't have the money too get any big name free agents, so I'm assuming you wait til the 3rd rd to address the OL.

I feel that Spencer will be back. That 2nd and 3rd MUST be spent on the OL.
_________________


Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2448
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't belive that Spencer will be back, and I don't like Murphy, neither as a defennsive end or OLB. Or, not in the 2nd round atleast.

you're right, I don't like picking WR. But I don't really know enough about patton. If you already now can say he is BPA and great value there, then why don't you think he has been taken earlier? If he would be that clearly good value that you can say even without knowing whos avalible that he is BPA, then why don't you think he has been taken earlier? Don't think lack of competition would be enough.

I like Jenkins in the 1st if sticking with the 3-4, I like getting a guard with a premium pick as well. I'm a fan of picking talented players dropping because of a injury, so I like the Carradine pick. Overall, would be pleased with this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2448
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Well, the team won't have the money too get any big name free agents, so I'm assuming you wait til the 3rd rd to address the OL.

I feel that Spencer will be back. That 2nd and 3rd MUST be spent on the OL.


I have to disagree with you on Spencer and on using two premium picks on o line unless there is great value. As long as we find a replacement for Burnadeau, I'm happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TD-ES-JJ


Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 1857
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single worse thing about losing last night was that we can't laugh at the Redskins for being one of the worst run franchises anymore...that is now us.

When they did the split screen of JJ and D Snyder you could see that one guy looked confident and the other was praying something bad didn't happen.

I'm just sick right now.
_________________


Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 39132
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
The single worse thing about losing last night was that we can't laugh at the Redskins for being one of the worst run franchises anymore...that is now us.

Laughing Laughing

Seriously? I know you are emotional, but seriously? Were not even the worst run in the division.

On top of that, we are on an uptick under Garrett. Anyone who thought we were going to make some serious noise in the playoffs was fooling themselves. We were missing too many pieces.

Plan and simple, we put a inferior product on the field last night. Get some of the guys back from injuries, add a couple draft picks on the line, and we will be back to a double digit win team next season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29255
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I really like John Jenkins, I'm curious to see how his being ruled academically ineligible for their bowl game will effect his chances of being drafted by us.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ShineOnStar


Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Posts: 561
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do we now start actually posting mocks as a seperate thread?

Also, love getting Jenkins and Murphy. Warford in the 3rd is a steal as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3422
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
While I really like John Jenkins, I'm curious to see how his being ruled academically ineligible for their bowl game will effect his chances of being drafted by us.


I don't think it will. Mainly because I think out of all the nose tackles I feel like he is the simply the only one that adjusts to the plays that breakdown and it just ends up being a free-style play by the offense which gets drowned by him. He plays smart on the field, from the way I saw in the film how he has great gap discipline. Another big plus is he plays til the last whistle, Jason Garrett preaches that in his linemen on both sides of the ball.

and I do have to agree a bit with DK. Starting to look at other forums and many scouting reports because many teams are starting to do thier research for thier players because off-season is offcially here and Patton is just shooting up his stock right now. Like I'm talking 1st round sneak-in shooting up.

For the 4th round anyone else have someone in mind I could add? I'm looking everywhere and I just can't find a player with the best value at that round. Its always either too high or low for them.

Also speaking of Patton and that LTU offense. I'm very intrigued by thier quarterback Cameron Colby. I'm impressed, threw for 31 touchdowns and 5 ints. At the college level when you have that like of TD:INT ratio it is tells me he takes care of the ball well. Just give me a opinion on him guys I feel like I can put him there in the 4th round.



The hair is a plus. Him +Beasley = Shocked
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
While I really like John Jenkins, I'm curious to see how his being ruled academically ineligible for their bowl game will effect his chances of being drafted by us.


I don't think it will. Mainly because I think out of all the nose tackles I feel like he is the simply the only one that adjusts to the plays that breakdown and it just ends up being a free-style play by the offense which gets drowned by him. He plays smart on the field, from the way I saw in the film how he has great gap discipline. Another big plus is he plays til the last whistle, Jason Garrett preaches that in his linemen on both sides of the ball.

and I do have to agree a bit with DK. Starting to look at other forums and many scouting reports because many teams are starting to do thier research for thier players because off-season is offcially here and Patton is just shooting up his stock right now. Like I'm talking 1st round sneak-in shooting up.

For the 4th round anyone else have someone in mind I could add? I'm looking everywhere and I just can't find a player with the best value at that round. Its always either too high or low for them.

Also speaking of Patton and that LTU offense. I'm very intrigued by thier quarterback Cameron Colby. I'm impressed, threw for 31 touchdowns and 5 ints. At the college level when you have that like of TD:INT ratio it is tells me he takes care of the ball well. Just give me a opinion on him guys I feel like I can put him there in the 4th round.



The hair is a plus. Him +Beasley = Shocked


SUNSHINE?!?!?!?!
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDsportsfan


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 5410
Location: Between Richmond VA. and D.C.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
The single worse thing about losing last night was that we can't laugh at the Redskins for being one of the worst run franchises anymore...that is now us.

Laughing Laughing

Seriously? I know you are emotional, but seriously? Were not even the worst run in the division.

On top of that, we are on an uptick under Garrett. Anyone who thought we were going to make some serious noise in the playoffs was fooling themselves. We were missing too many pieces.

Plan and simple, we put a inferior product on the field last night. Get some of the guys back from injuries, add a couple draft picks on the line, and we will be back to a double digit win team next season.


I hope so on the double digit wins, but I just heard on the radio that we have GB/Denver/NO/Chicago/Minny as well as our own division of course. Looks like we're going to have another tough schedule. At least on paper based on this past year. I realize that's a moving target, but still. Those are some tough teams.
_________________
I'm a Dallas Fan.
Always smell it first....trust me

------------------------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3422
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
The single worse thing about losing last night was that we can't laugh at the Redskins for being one of the worst run franchises anymore...that is now us.

Laughing Laughing

Seriously? I know you are emotional, but seriously? Were not even the worst run in the division.

On top of that, we are on an uptick under Garrett. Anyone who thought we were going to make some serious noise in the playoffs was fooling themselves. We were missing too many pieces.

Plan and simple, we put a inferior product on the field last night. Get some of the guys back from injuries, add a couple draft picks on the line, and we will be back to a double digit win team next season.


I hope so on the double digit wins, but I just heard on the radio that we have GB/Denver/NO/Chicago/Minny as well as our own division of course. Looks like we're going to have another tough schedule. At least on paper based on this past year. I realize that's a moving target, but still. Those are some tough teams.


Beat em . Beat em all if you want respect. I don't want a mediocre team beating below .500 opponents heading into the playoffs.

I'm excited we have tough opponents. Espeically most of them we have a chance to give payback too.
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group