Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Cowboys New Year's Resolution
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Your Cowboys New Year's Resolution Reply with quote

Thought this would be fun. Know that there will widely 3 arguments that dominate this thread however,

What is your Cowboys Resolution for the year?

I'll have to get back with mine.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. In the New Year I will not record ANY Cowboys games so that I can play them back and watch them during the summer...too painful.

2. I will remember that team success is not an entitlement it is earned through sound management and good fortune.

3. I will punch myself in the groin region once per week each Sunday night for thinking this team wouldn't embarrass me before the nation...again.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Norv Turner becomes our OC

2. We draft an impact DL

3. Nate Livings and/or Bernindeuce are sacking groceries at United Supermarkets.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what resolution I would have because I'm not the one who needs to change the way he behaves. In fact, no one on this forum should need to change the way he/she behaves because we aren't the problem. This team needs to change the way it operates. The team is the problem, not those who are fans of it. Even though many of us have varying opinions (although many of you are finally starting to agree with Slam and I and come to our side), no one should make a resolution until this team makes one: a committment to improvement. If Joan Rivers, err, Jerry Jones, won't take the steps necessary to properly field a winning product, then no one should make any resolution with respect to this team because the team isn't making any resolution to its fans.

We deserve better, and we shouldn't be making any bloody changes for this failed organization. It should change for us.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
I'm not sure what resolution I would have because I'm not the one who needs to change the way he behaves. In fact, no one on this forum should need to change the way he/she behaves because we aren't the problem. This team needs to change the way it operates. The team is the problem, not those who are fans of it. Even though many of us have varying opinions (although many of you are finally starting to agree with Slam and I and come to our side), no one should make a resolution until this team makes one: a committment to improvement. If Joan Rivers, err, Jerry Jones, won't take the steps necessary to properly field a winning product, then no one should make any resolution with respect to this team because the team isn't making any resolution to its fans.

We deserve better, and we shouldn't be making any bloody changes for this failed organization. It should change for us.

Thats why my resolutions embodied what the Organization's SHOULD be Very Happy

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started my resolution about a month into the season. To enjoy every game win or lose. We are promised but 16 days out of the year. Far too few to sit and stew. I plan to continue that in 2013.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I started my resolution about a month into the season. To enjoy every game win or lose. We are promised but 16 days out of the year. Far too few to sit and stew. I plan to continue that in 2013.

I think my final resolution will be a lot like that...but right now it's too soon and the pain too deep. Maybe after I finish drinking my breakfast I'll have a better perspective.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To just accept the fact that Dallas will forever be mediocre with Jerry at the helm. Nothing we can do about it. It is what it is...
cromagnum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring Norv Turner in as OC and finally focus on improving the O-line..That was pathetic how we had no answer for the Redskin blitz for the weapons we have on this team..
shags74

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlaw, I kind of had the same resolution this year and made it through 15 games happy and unaffected, but fell off the wagon last night and melted down and here I sit on this board last night and this morning ranting!
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This. It's why I'm not all that mad. I picked 8-8 to start the season. For the most part, the season as I expected it to, although I expected more blowouts in each direction, less injuries, and no deaths (RIP Jerry Brown). I'm blessed to have watched their 16 games, almost all of which were entertaining.

This is probably not a good attitude for a devout fan, but the team's gotten me down so much over the last decade+, I've just learned to accept their mediocrity and not let emotions over it infringe upon my life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't make resoultions, but if I had the power to resolve some things with the Cowboys here is what I would do:

1. Jerry is removed from all personnel decisions. I know it won't happen but if I had the power this is priority one.

2. Focus of off season positional upgrades is the trenches, trenches, trenches, trenches, and trenches. In case I haven't made my point we need to improve our offensive and defensive lines. The game is won up front and our line play on both sides of the ball was simply brutal. First round pick will be a lineman. Whether it is offense or defense will boil down to who represents the best value when we pick.

3. No one is allowed to say that the OL problems will be solved by Costa, Arkin, and Leary. Those who do are banished immediately to Devil's Island. Just because a player wears the helmet with the star doesn't mean he is going to be an impact player. Some guys are what they are - marginal, and we can't progress investing in marginal linemen.

4. The heat is on Garrett. I know that the team played hard, but ultimately we failed. His inability to make in game adjustments is baffling. His RKG's resulted in one of the most penalized teams in the league. RKG's play smart football. Consideration will be given to replacing Garrett. Candidates will be interviewed. This may hurt the feelings of Garrett and others but too bad. This is a tough business.

5. We will no longer have a theme song. What right does a team so mired in mediocrity have to a theme song? As an organization we are going to shift our focus to on the field matters not such trivial nonsense as theme songs, lingerie stores, and folks dancing in cages. Let's lose the circus atmosphere and focus on football.

6. We need to find an impact safety. How many years, and safeties has it been since Woodson retired?

Have at it guys.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
This is probably not a good attitude for a devout fan, but the team's gotten me down so much over the last decade+, I've just learned to accept their mediocrity and not let emotions over it infringe upon my life.

No, it's the perfect attitude to have. I was such a devout Cowboy fan, I use to be ready to come to blows when anybody talked trash to me after a loss. It wasn't until the 44-6 blowout loss to the Eagles, where I don't let the team get to me and I accepted the reality that the core of this team is what it is.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

No, it's the perfect attitude to have. I was such a devout Cowboy fan, I use to be ready to come to blows when anybody talked trash to me after a loss. It wasn't until the 44-6 blowout loss to the Eagles, where I don't let the team get to me and I accepted the reality that the core of this team is what it is.

I quit letting the team get to me when I realized I was enjoying a freaking football game. This is the greatest sport in the world and I enjoy it as such. I despise when Dallas loses. But, unlike when I was 15 and 16 years old, I don't let the outcome affect my daily mood. I look at it as my hobby to dissect this team with all of you guys and analyze what the team needs to do to improve. That's why we are all here right? We all know we can't really make a difference, but we love spouting off our opinions and discussing Dallas Cowboys football. We don't accept mediocrity, but we don't let its presence get us down or deter us from seeking a resolution.

cromagnum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

Coming to blows is taking it a little to far. Laughing This loss hurts bad and its probably going to ruin my New Years but when you get older you realize there is more important things in life..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: